Author Topic: Early Man  (Read 5967 times)

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
Re: Early Man
« Reply #315 on: November 21, 2013, 03:35:26 PM »
Also, if you assume an omniscient knows-all sees-all god, as is the main form present in Judaism, Christianity and Islam (excepting a handful of denominations/sects), that means God already knows what decisions you're going to make. So does that really make it free will?

He knows what choice we will make.  Still the decision is our's to make.

The hardest thing for me to see in evolution is the fact that there is nothing to live for.  In evolution you live for self die and that is the end of things.

A creationist lives for others and when he dies he has a reward to look forward to.

LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »
So the reason you believe in "creationism" is because you have nothing else to live for and is afraid to die?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #317 on: November 21, 2013, 03:48:02 PM »

The hardest thing for me to see in evolution is the fact that there is nothing to live for.  In evolution you live for self die and that is the end of things.

A creationist lives for others and when he dies he has a reward to look forward to.

I can't speak for others, I exists because 2 people had sex many years ago...

I'm not entitled value nor am I externally given it. Rather I choose to give my life value. That value is personal and is not for others to decide for me, god or otherwise.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #318 on: November 21, 2013, 03:50:18 PM »

You absolutely have something to live for: Surviving to pass your genes on to the next generation. That's the whole point.

So basically, you can say that sex is the meaning of life.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #319 on: November 21, 2013, 04:10:23 PM »
So the reason you believe in "creationism" is because you have nothing else to live for and is afraid to die?

NO,  I choose to live my life for others!!!

I am not afraid to die.

My point is the following;

To see nature as a gift from a loving creator. To enjoy it to the up most with him

To hear: Music that is melodious.  A friend's struggles or victories in the daily grind of life.  The sound of a baby's cooing.  

To feel: free because I am watched over,  the hand of the friend whom I love and who loves me.  To a newborn baby in your arms.

And best of all. TO LOVE, to be loved and to love the world around my...

Also to know that I will continue to have my friends with me after I die.. That death doesn't stop my life, that it is the beginning to a much better one.

Where as in evolution it all ends at the grave.  Once you are dead there is nothing more to look forward to, or to fear.

Evolution is a never ending tail chase to prove that there is no creator and to try and put the evolutionist mind at peace.

Evolution tends to ignore to many things.

You say I don't believe in science.  

I believe in science as long as it doesn't try to prove to me that there is no God.  If I didn't believe in science I would be a cave dweller(not typing on this computer).  

Prove to me that if there is no God why is there so many things that point to him in everyday life.

One of the simplest are curse words. OMG, GDI.
There is a world of Good and Evil about us which evolution can never begin to explain.

You say faith is indoctrination, what are you enlightened.  People have only been trying to prove evolution for the last 250 +or- years.  Evolution is a new theory that has no solid backing to say  this this and this so this is true.

It is more like maybe this, possibly this, theoretically this equals this.

:salute

LtCondor
          The Damned

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #320 on: November 21, 2013, 04:14:32 PM »
You absolutely have something to live for: Surviving to pass your genes on to the next generation. That's the whole point.

So basically, you can say that sex is the meaning of life.

Well if that is the case then why do we:

go to school

wear closes

work

debate this topic

build cars

make condoms

have abortions

have wars

go to space

:headscratch: :headscratch: shouldnt we just be making babies.
LtCondor
          The Damned

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #321 on: November 21, 2013, 04:16:32 PM »
what ever floats your boat.   :salute

Just remember, shhhhh, i dont care how cool your dream was.  :bolt:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #322 on: November 21, 2013, 04:35:51 PM »
Where as in evolution it all ends at the grave.  Once you are dead there is nothing more to look forward to, or to fear.

Evolution is a never ending tail chase to prove that there is no creator and to try and put the evolutionist mind at peace.

Evolution tends to ignore to many things.

You say I don't believe in science.  

I believe in science as long as it doesn't try to prove to me that there is no God.

If this is what you're being taught in the church you're going to (or even the conclusion you've managed to arrive at, independent of Sunday school and the pulpit) then it is extremely short-sighted and prone to defensiveness for no good reason. I'm constantly amazed at the segment of Christian society that can only find miracles and divine appreciation in fable rather than fact, that can only read about the parting of the Red Sea or the raising of the dead and point at those writings and say authoritatively, "See? This is how God works!" I feel a sort of pity for those who feel threatened by a constant revelation that God is much more far-sighted and capable of a detailed intricacy that is more miraculous than any fire-side story about snakes and apples.

If evolution threatens divinity, to you, then it .... don't take much.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #323 on: November 21, 2013, 04:37:16 PM »
Since this life is all there is we ought to make it as pleasant and good for as many people as we are able.

I don't need a supreme being threatening me with eternal torment to do the right thing.  I do the right thing because it is the right thing.

I don't justify people living in abject misery and want as being ok because they will be in a paradise nobody can demonstrate exists after they die.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #324 on: November 21, 2013, 04:47:07 PM »
 :headscratch:
Since this life is all there is we ought to make it as pleasant and good for as many people as we are able.

I don't need a supreme being threatening me with eternal torment to do the right thing.  I do the right thing because it is the right thing.

I don't justify people living in abject misery and want as being ok because they will be in a paradise nobody can demonstrate exists after they die.
:headscratch: :headscratch:

Maybe you need to expand your library.

You are satisfied with believing life came about by chance and that when you die you will be done.

By the way I have proof... But dont think this is the place to post it.
LtCondor
          The Damned

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #325 on: November 21, 2013, 04:48:32 PM »

Labor attitude control?

Honestly, the teachings of Christ uphold promoting a society where people take care of one another and make THIS world a better place (albeit with an after-life rewarding those who sacrifice and repent of sinful behavior). The institution of religion has always been a political one, however (no matter the deity involved). This is where I refuse to confuse spirituality or faith with religion. It's also where I still listen to sermons with a skeptic heart (measured by what the point is actually attempting to accomplish).

A keen perception of how fear and anger play more of a part than love, understanding and acceptance seems a dead give-away, to me. I figure God is much smarter and wiser than that.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #326 on: November 21, 2013, 04:49:15 PM »
:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

Maybe you need to expand your library.
What do you mean?

You are satisfied with believing life came about by chance and that when you die you will be done.
It is what it is.  Wishing it were otherwise is a waste of time so why do so?

By the way I have proof... But dont think this is the place to post it.
No you don't.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: November 21, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
I died twice and didn't see any shining white light and the pearly gate.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #328 on: November 21, 2013, 05:22:02 PM »
What do you mean?

As a evolutionist, You will not accept any supernatural explanations. Therefore, life had to originate from raw elments. You  think that science should only deal with things you can see, smell, touch, and so on; in other words, only material things. You should be able to reason everything out, and God cannot be understood.

Where as, We believe in an almighty Designer. You believe in emptiness and chance. We are not able to comprehend Him, but we do see evidence of Him in His creation. We both must have faith.  Your faith is in nothing; ours is in God.

My proof is this.. THis last year, I was questioning if there was a God. I had some things happen in my life that made me wonder if there was one,why he could be so cruel. I had fell in love with a beautiful girl. I felt the time was right and I asked her to marry me.  Well the answer was a no. She went and married another guy.  Shortly after that, I went into a really dark time. It got to the point that life wasnt worth living. I started to question whether there was a God. Finally one night, I asked, If there really was that I would have a sign.

I fell asleep, durning the night I had a vision. I was standing in a train station. There were many groups of people milling around. As I walked through the station I came to area that had to exits by a conveyor. One marked Heaven,one Marked Hell.   Needless to say I was directed to hop on.  In a moment, I was transported to heaven. I was transported . I arrived in the air a moment later at about 1500 Foot above the country side.  I was held in the air by two angles. They were people that I had know down here. Actually close family.  

The countryside was extremely beautiful. There no words really to describe it.  I was like one Big flower garden / jungle/Mountains. In the distance, I saw a huge city. It shone as so extremely bright. From that city came some of the prettiest music I have ever heard.

I hung there supported by those two angles for close two a minute. Before I woke up in bed.  The thing that will stick with the most from that experience is the peace I felt in that place. I have never in my life felt so loved and at peace.  

As long as I live, I will never ever doubt that there is a God. My faith has never been stronger.  

IF you ask for a sign and deep down you really want to know if There is a God. He will give you that sign. :salute

I apologize for breaking rule #14 Skuzzy

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 05:23:42 PM by wpeters »
LtCondor
          The Damned

Offline FireDrgn

• Silver Member
« Reply #329 on: November 21, 2013, 05:26:08 PM »
Objectively you need a god ability for morality. Morality without a God worldview is nothing more than arbitrary mental aggression. Good and Bad, Right and Wrong are borrowed from a  ' theist' worldview.
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."   I am not a teacher.