Author Topic: Why, just why?  (Read 3145 times)

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
Re: Why, just why?
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2013, 05:34:30 PM »
Vulching, hoing, hording, noe, smashing all the hangars and HQ, are great.  It means someone is doing something, somewhere and I get to shoot at them.  The planes are free.  Sometimes I'll up relentlessly under a vulch just to see if I can get up and take a couple vulchers with me.  Might take me 5 tries to get up and kill one guy and I'll smile the whole time.  Other times I'll up a base away and try and keep every advantage in my corner while I hunt them. Other times I might be the vulcher, come remove me!

Getting hoed is no fun but usually avoidable and I'll take that over no one to shoot at.

I expect no quarter in the MA.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:37:03 PM by Aspen »
AMAX  in game

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2013, 05:49:01 PM »
I simply wish you would quit this amoral mess and find a game with a population more worthy of your noble attention.

I've thanked you in the past and I thank you once again!

:salute

PS: Fugi,JG11 never recruits!  We are an all volunteer outfit.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:50:52 PM by morfiend »

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »

If are dieing from HO's, look me up and I will be glad to show you how to use them to your advantage. 

Sir, I would appreciate that very much. Please catch me any time for a lesson.

Oh, an item to note, the perpetrator of this act isn't a noob, he's been around at least a year, maybe more.  

A year in aces high is infantile.

I understand "why" we have hordes and I understand that they shouldn't be removed from the game much like HOing, vulching or any of the other dweebery that goes on....

But he cant see how confused he is.

I have to stop this before I wake up on akak's ankle, but    " You want combat?  Defend your base and you'll have combat."  ...and if you don't want that combat, find a quiet corner where other milk runners hide and fight them.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2013, 06:09:46 PM »
Well, I guess it would be small then. If living means so much to you in a cartoon game that you can't give someone a sporting chance, I'd almost go so far as to say you don't deserve to play the game.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the idea of this game ,is to get behind somebody and shoot them in the back.  Not very sporting in my opinion more like" Knife fighting rules ."   
AkCaine

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2013, 07:05:28 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the idea of this game ,is to get behind somebody and shoot them in the back.  Not very sporting in my opinion more like" Knife fighting rules ."   

The idea of the game is to shoot people down. If you can't do it without so large an advantage that your target really has no chance, then that just speaks poorly of your ACM.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2013, 07:06:51 PM »
Getting hoed is no fun but usually avoidable and I'll take that over no one to shoot at.

:aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2013, 07:26:01 PM »
The idea of the game is to shoot people down. If you can't do it without so large an advantage that your target really has no chance, then that just speaks poorly of your ACM.

The idea of the game is combat, part of that combat is either shooting the other guy down or blowing up his ground vehicle and not exclusive to only one form.

I agree that if you're the kind that thinks they only have a chance if they have help, then you need to seek the aid of a trainer but to impose any sort of penalty on this type of player is stupid.  Those that want to impose a penalty are the ones that are hurting the game play by trying to force people to play how they want them to play.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2013, 08:14:14 PM »
My responses:

Point 1 Response: I know.  I was JOKING and getting a dig into you.

Point 2 Response: See point 1.  :D

Point 3 Response: I'll have to take your word for it.

Point 4 Response: Since, as you state, do not run into me much don't assume I'm a horder....oh, might want to read below.

Point 5 Response:  Yep....I like the Tiffy at times and the past few months I've been flying the 152.  However, when I do encounter you I'm low from either just taking off or in the process of landing.  I know its you because pretty much everyone says "Yep.  It's DREDIOCK" on range vox.  You fail to get kills on me because you miss....usually due to a simple evasive manuver on MY part.    

Nice try tho'!   :D

Yea took a bit to sink in. Caught me a bit cranky cause my daughter missed her school bus again which meant  I had to bring her.
Apologies

How can you do a simple evasive maneuver if Im vulching?

I didnt call you a horder. I called you a gangtard

Yes but with planes that fast. You should be able to catch me at least once in a while. You dont usually kill me either...So there
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2013, 08:27:31 PM »
Vulching, hoing, hording, noe, smashing all the hangars and HQ, are great.  It means someone is doing something, somewhere and I get to shoot at them.  The planes are free.  Sometimes I'll up relentlessly under a vulch just to see if I can get up and take a couple vulchers with me.  Might take me 5 tries to get up and kill one guy and I'll smile the whole time.  Other times I'll up a base away and try and keep every advantage in my corner while I hunt them. Other times I might be the vulcher, come remove me!

QFT...great stick too.  I've never seen him whine one time and I've seen him take a face-full of 20mm from a passing DORA or five.  :salute
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2013, 07:37:26 AM »
No, they are not destructive to game play.  They are playing the game as it was designed, there is nothing stopping the defenders from trying to defend the base so the hangers and towns aren't taken down and the field captured.  You want to impose penalties on the attackers but nothing on the defenders that don't even lift a finger to defend their base.  You want combat?  Defend your base and you'll have combat.

ack-ack

Well said.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2013, 09:14:32 AM »
I disagree with the OP.  if you don't like getting vulched then don't roll from the CAP'ed field.  Roll somewhere else and take the guy out who makes these high speed vulch runs.  It is a legitimate tactic.  To each their own.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2013, 01:26:15 PM »
Yea took a bit to sink in. Caught me a bit cranky cause my daughter missed her school bus again which meant  I had to bring her.
Apologies

How can you do a simple evasive maneuver if Im vulching?

I didnt call you a horder. I called you a gangtard (Image removed from quote.)

Yes but with planes that fast. You should be able to catch me at least once in a while. You dont usually kill me either...So there

No worries.  You need to learn to not take what I say too seriously.   :D

A gangtard I am not.  I usually hang out between bases.  For example:  I spend a good portion of last night flying around between bases LOOKING for singles or small groups to engage and fight....sadly that's like looking for ice cubes in the desert these days it seems.  :frown:

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:53:44 PM by Fulcrum »
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »
I lol at people who HO for 2 reasons

1. You are not setting yourself up very well for a counter attack after the merge. ( I love HOers because I know i'll have the advantage after the merge)

2. Seems pretty crappy to fly a sector, get a couple of kills, and then HO (squinting your eyes) 50% chance your gonna live, almost an 80% chance that your plane will get damaged. Not smart flying right there.

3. If people are pissing you off about HOing.. do what I use to do for fun,,, grab a 190a8 full ammo loadout and go on a HO rampage... Just HO every plane you can... it's quite fun actually  :devil

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2013, 12:01:37 AM »
No worries.  You need to learn to not take what I say too seriously.   :D

A gangtard I am not.  I usually hang out between bases.  For example:  I spend a good portion of last night flying around between bases LOOKING for singles or small groups to engage and fight....sadly that's like looking for ice cubes in the desert these days it seems.  :frown:

I'll fight between bases provided there is a legitimate fight going on. Much of the time lately either people are just gangbanging and hording or running to and/or hugging their own ack after pass 1
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2013, 12:42:28 AM »
I'll fight between bases provided there is a legitimate fight going on. Much of the time lately either people are just gangbanging and hording or running to and/or hugging their own ack after pass 1

That's because the MA is real life... Duhhh
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion