Author Topic: ENY  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: ENY
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2014, 08:45:23 AM »
Scca, as an example, 262s would have a percentage of users cap applied no matter what the side imbalance to reflect WW2 statistical numbers.  Same with 109Ks, spit16, P47Ms, P51ds P38Ls as few more examples.
To what advantage?  To make fans of a popular aircraft quit the game?

And do you really want to start something that players who want their favorite ride available will claim one thing, say the 4500 Spitfire LF.Mk IXs/Spitfire Mk XVIs should all be counted towards the Mk XVI numbers as they are the same aircraft against the people who want as few Mk XVIs in the air as possible who will claim that only the 1000 Mk XVIs should be counted.  Who is right?  Well, they both are to one degree or another and which you side with likely says more about what you want to see in the game than which is actually better for the game.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean, F4andG2 aside they are very different aircraft.

Talking about their ENY values.

The G-2 is superior to the F-4 overall. If the G-2 is an ENY 30 aircraft, then the F-4 should properly be ENY 35.

And the 190F-8 is most certainly not equal to the 190A-5 in terms of air-to-air capabilities, and use in the air to ground role is so low that it can be almost entirely disregarded for ENY.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2014, 05:17:41 AM »
And do you really want to start something that players who want their favorite ride available will claim one thing, say the 4500 Spitfire LF.Mk IXs/Spitfire Mk XVIs should all be counted towards the Mk XVI numbers as they are the same aircraft against the people who want as few Mk XVIs in the air as possible who will claim that only the 1000 Mk XVIs should be counted.  Who is right?  Well, they both are to one degree or another and which you side with likely says more about what you want to see in the game than which is actually better for the game.
When we get enough players in the arena that 1000 spitfires will not be enough, Dale be arriving to work in one of those:

Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2014, 08:21:47 AM »
When we get enough players in the arena that 1000 spitfires will not be enough, Dale be arriving to work in one of those:

(Image removed from quote.)
He didn't say there would be a 1:1 ratio or Spit XVIs built to XVIs available at a given moment in AH.  He said to reflect WWII statistical numbers.

I read that to mean that if there are 300 players in the MA you'd total the number built for AH aircraft and then each model would be allowed to have its percentage of the total in flight as a percentage of the 300 players.  If 500,000 were built of all AH models combined and you want a Spit XVI with 1000 built, a total percentage of 0.2% of the 500,000 were Spit XVIs.  That would mean that 0.2% of the 300 players would be allowed to use the Spit XVI at a given moment.  That means 0.6 players, which we can be nice and round to the nearest whole number and allow a single Spit XVI to be used.  0.0252 players would be allowed to use the Ta152, rounded to the nearest whole number that yields 0.  8156 P-51Ds were built, that would allow 5 players out of the 300 to use the P-51D.  These are examples based on a total AH production of 500,000 which is pulled out of my rear.

End result is that I hope a lot of players like the Il-2, M4A3(75) and T-34/76.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:23:20 AM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2014, 08:55:42 AM »
6,655 fw190a8 where built ... I can fly it forever  :cool:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2014, 08:58:22 AM »
6,655 fw190a8 where built ... I can fly it forever  :cool:

No, only a few players would be allowed to up one at the same time.  As it is fairly popular there would certainly be times when you'd be blocked and have to take an A-5 or even something besides an Fw190.
Petals floating by,
             As she remembers me-

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2014, 06:37:37 PM »
So, what your are saying with 300 online, you might end up flying a 110c/p40c, or c47,storch, or a Pzkw 4 with short barrel in a late war arena, even if you don't use GV's  ?

IF you are lucky and get good bird you will stay on-line or else you log I guess..

Good luck with that ...
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera