Author Topic: ENY  (Read 3380 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2014, 07:29:39 AM »
At one time last night there was a host of 262s.  I saw 4 at one time.  There were reports of 6 together on the red side over our tiny island field.

Rooks had to contend with heavy eny restrictions most of the evening.  Not a big deal most of the time but the reds skies were filled with the 262s, 190s, 109s and spit 16s from the deck to 20,000.  The Rooks of course have had this same advantage in their favor before this, so no complaint other than it wasn't much fun being on the receiving end of the imbalance.

Again the ENY system should have a filter that considers number of specific models in use on all sides.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2014, 07:35:58 AM »
At one time last night there was a host of 262s.  I saw 4 at one time.  There were reports of 6 together on the red side over our tiny island field.

Rooks had to contend with heavy eny restrictions most of the evening.  Not a big deal most of the time but the reds skies were filled with the 262s, 190s, 109s and spit 16s from the deck to 20,000.  The Rooks of course have had this same advantage in their favor before this, so no complaint other than it wasn't much fun being on the receiving end of the imbalance.
If that was 66 then that was LilMak's fault...  

Again the ENY system should have a filter that considers number of specific models in use on all sides.
Do you mean if you have higher numbers, but choose lesser planes, you shouldn't have eny?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:39:49 AM by Scca »
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2014, 09:08:52 AM »
Yep.  Rooks had numbers last night and ENY hit us hard.  I never noticed. I'm flying the 110G2 this month for the challenge.

Do you see what I'm getting at?  ;)
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2014, 09:16:49 AM »
Yep.  Rooks had numbers last night and ENY hit us hard.  I never noticed. I'm flying the 110G2 this month for the challenge.

Do you see what I'm getting at?  ;)

Yes but those playing the war game don't want to challenge themselves they just want to hold off the enemy or roll over the enemy.

The above condition hurts the defenders even more. First there are few who play the defend game and on top of that they have to use inferior equipment.

A perfect example for a local ENY system.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2014, 09:34:11 AM »
If that was 66 then that was LilMak's fault...

Guess so. When ya had such a hard time in 47-Ms with altitude against my D-25 the logical conclusion is to get 6 262s and make it even harder on yourselves.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2014, 09:36:49 AM »
Scca, as an example, 262s would have a percentage of users cap applied no matter what the side imbalance to reflect WW2 statistical numbers.  Same with 109Ks, spit16, P47Ms, P51ds P38Ls as few more examples.  

Fulcrum, a P38J works for me on restricted ENY nights.  Quite a perk farmer.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »
Guess so. When ya had such a hard time in 47-Ms with altitude against my D-25 the logical conclusion is to get 6 262s and make it even harder on yourselves.
Actually, that didn't have anything to do with it.  You flew expertly and should be please with your performance while being outnumbered (after we took out all your friends), and out planed.   :salute

The real reason(s) were:
1: Your accusation of being HO'ed on 200, when you indeed were not (confirmed by film)
C: Your refusal to accept my cash offer to dispute your claim
III:The rooks where like cockroaches in that area, normally having a 3 to 1 numbers advantage
*:I had no idea the Rooks had ENY issues
f:262's were on sale (<170 perks)

FYI: If it's your belief that when you loop over to go head to head with a plane diving at you, after the first (or 20th) merge that a shot ahead of the 3-9 line is considered a "HO", then you will forever be "HO'ed".  Friend, that's not a HO...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:38:43 AM by Scca »

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2014, 10:14:08 AM »
Yes but those playing the war game don't want to challenge themselves they just want to hold off the enemy or roll over the enemy.

The above condition hurts the defenders even more. First there are few who play the defend game and on top of that they have to use inferior equipment.

All fair points I didn't consider when I made my first post, Fugi.   :salute

I'm just looking for targets....all of the other war stuff rarely concerns me (unless it means more targets of course).  :D

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2014, 11:07:03 AM »

. . . The above condition hurts the defenders even more. First there are few who play the defend game and on top of that they have to use inferior equipment.

It may be just my perspective but the imbalance-ENY problems happens more often on the weekend.  At least for the Rooks.

Last night we had ENY restrictions but we were being overpowered.  It was a strange night.

What made it worse was trying to watch my Auburn tigers at the same time as dodging all the pickers and a circle of 262s.  I felt like a cat in the middle of a pack of dogs.  First one would tear at you, then another then another.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2014, 12:12:10 PM »
Actually, that didn't have anything to do with it.  You flew expertly and should be please with your performance while being outnumbered (after we took out all your friends), and out planed.   :salute

The real reason(s) were:
1: Your accusation of being HO'ed on 200, when you indeed were not (confirmed by film)
C: Your refusal to accept my cash offer to dispute your claim
III:The rooks where like cockroaches in that area, normally having a 3 to 1 numbers advantage
*:I had no idea the Rooks had ENY issues
f:262's were on sale (<170 perks)

FYI: If it's your belief that when you loop over to go head to head with a plane diving at you, after the first (or 20th) merge that a shot ahead of the 3-9 line is considered a "HO", then you will forever be "HO'ed".  Friend, that's not a HO...
There was at least two points in that engagement where I could've pulled straight into whoever it was and let em rip. I chose not to do so. So I guess you could say that I wasn't HOed but that's only because I made that choice even at my own peril in a 2-3 on 1 engagement with little E and/or altitude. That certainly didn't stop your crew from putting themselves in a front quarter situation on a defensive pilot where most other MA sticks would've just rolled the dice and put rounds in face. And if you think I'm just going to take your word that there were no HOs in a video you recorded and hand over 50 bucks you're crazy. Instead we'll just agree that your definition of a HO and mine are different. As they say, "It takes two to HO," and IMO the guy who had all the reason to do so chose not to do so even though he was given ample opportunity.

I like you AKs. Always a good fight with some skilled sticks. That fight we had was probably the best I had all night and I <S> all of ya. Forgive me for being upset and calling you out on 200. No hard feelings.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »
There was at least two points in that engagement where I could've pulled straight into whoever it was and let em rip. I chose not to do so. So I guess you could say that I wasn't HOed but that's only because I made that choice even at my own peril in a 2-3 on 1 engagement with little E and/or altitude. That certainly didn't stop your crew from putting themselves in a front quarter situation on a defensive pilot where most other MA sticks would've just rolled the dice and put rounds in face. And if you think I'm just going to take your word that there were no HOs in a video you recorded and hand over 50 bucks you're crazy. Instead we'll just agree that your definition of a HO and mine are different. As they say, "It takes two to HO," and IMO the guy who had all the reason to do so chose not to do so even though he was given ample opportunity.

I like you AKs. Always a good fight with some skilled sticks. That fight we had was probably the best I had all night and I <S> all of ya. Forgive me for being upset and calling you out on 200. No hard feelings.
Kewl  :salute No hard feelings...

Related to the topic...  ENY is frequently no fun.  Fly something +10, and unless it's off hours, or your team is about to win the war, you won't ever notice.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2014, 12:35:02 PM »
Kewl  :salute No hard feelings...

Fly something +10, and unless it's off hours, or your team is about to win the war, you won't ever notice.

:aok           That being said, I admit I like flying the Typhoon and 152 on occasion and get annoyed when ENY prevents me from doing so.  :P

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2014, 01:56:05 AM »
Scca, as an example, 262s would have a percentage of users cap applied no matter what the side imbalance to reflect WW2 statistical numbers.  Same with 109Ks, spit16, P47Ms, P51ds P38Ls as few more examples.  

Fulcrum, a P38J works for me on restricted ENY nights.  Quite a perk farmer.

except the MA does not try to replicate/reflect WW2...... :aok

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2014, 03:31:03 PM »
One thing that has always bugged me is the 190A-5=F-8, and the F-4 = G-2 = G-6 thing.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2014, 07:53:07 AM »
One thing that has always bugged me is the 190A-5=F-8, and the F-4 = G-2 = G-6 thing.
I'm not sure what you mean, F4andG2 aside they are very different aircraft.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho