Author Topic: Update on Update.  (Read 6474 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: Update on Update.
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2014, 07:21:18 AM »
I'd imagine HTC would be wary of making predictions about future framerates at this early stage. Until they have a working version with all the features implemented, all the debug stuff removed and it has been tested they can't know for sure.

In theory as the new version will implement the currently unused Shader 3.0 feature of the video card this should free up the CPU to either improve framerates or make the game look better at the same framerates.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2014, 07:25:55 AM »
Well done HTC  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »
However, I do think that B-26 needs to be transitioned to an A-26. Blood Pig'n (most fun in a game ever) must rise again! ;->
Why?  That would be stupid.  You'd get rid of one of the most popular bombers in the game, a mass produced bomber in WWII to add a hardly played a part in WWII perk attack aircraft?

Just add the A-26 and keep the B-26.  What is so hard about that?  Why to people keep suggesting that units we already have be removed at the same time as they request new units?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »
Why to people keep suggesting that units we already have be removed at the same time as they request new units?

Remove the bonkers Brewster and add the F2A  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2014, 08:02:38 AM »
Great news!

I'd hope the new plane would be a Pe-2 but I'm guessing it'll be a Beaufighter which certainly isn't a bad choice in itself.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2014, 08:24:11 AM »
Outstanding!  :aok  :aok
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2014, 09:24:28 AM »
Why?  That would be stupid.  You'd get rid of one of the most popular bombers in the game, a mass produced bomber in WWII to add a hardly played a part in WWII perk attack aircraft?

Just add the A-26 and keep the B-26.  What is so hard about that?  Why to people keep suggesting that units we already have be removed at the same time as they request new units?

I think it may partly be because people STILL don't get that the B-26 and A-26 are two entirely different, unrelated aircraft.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2014, 09:32:47 AM »

remove Karnack from the boards and add Midway back,

Offline 1Canukk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2014, 09:34:40 AM »
 Excellent Looking    :aok

JG11  Sonderstaffel , Geschwader Kommodore

The P51 D was made by the Gods for men to fly. 
 The FW190 D  was made by men, for Gods to fly .

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2014, 09:36:05 AM »
What I like about the move is their commitment to improve AH as quickly as resources allow.  They are making all the right moves to keep me as a subscriber. :aok

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2014, 09:37:24 AM »

Poor wording on my part. I didn't mean remove one for the other. I meant the development work being done should "transition" to the A26. More=better
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2014, 09:46:22 AM »
Poor wording on my part. I didn't mean remove one for the other. I meant the development work being done should "transition" to the A26. More=better
Can't really agree with you there either.  B-26 was horribly outdated and needed to be redone.

Adding the A-26 would be good too, but it does not obviate the need to update the 2000 and 2001 3D models.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:59:21 AM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2014, 09:55:51 AM »
I think it may partly be because people STILL don't get that the B-26 and A-26 are two entirely different, unrelated aircraft.

Fascinating
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2014, 10:00:18 AM »
Sheep sheep sheep sheep where our sheep :cry
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2014, 10:01:33 AM »