Author Topic: ENY FLAW  (Read 3605 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY FLAW
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2014, 01:09:16 PM »
 I am by no means an ace pilot, Im just now getting to the point where I can land 3-4 kills in a sortie, and hold my own in a 2 or 3 vs 1.   I've been flying the Spit 16, 14, and 8 mainly, and was just starting to transition into the Corsairs.  Now that ive upgraded to an X52 pro Joystick, and TRACK IR, im back in my comfortable Spit 16 until I get used to the added dynamics. So its just no fun for me to log into a horded mess with a plane im totally unfamiliar with.

ALSO..  the side switching time is ridiculous !  It has had the opposite effect of HTC's intention.

Spit IX is a more representative Spit anyway and a fine aircraft that you'll never run into ENY issues with.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2014, 01:36:04 PM »
Spit IX is a more representative Spit anyway and a fine aircraft that you'll never run into ENY issues with.

When I logged in for the first time today, I would not have been able to use the Spit IX because of ENY ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2014, 01:44:52 PM »
When I logged in for the first time today, I would not have been able to use the Spit IX because of ENY ;)

109F is a lovely substitute for the Spit IX.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2014, 02:19:49 PM »
As for the incessant double team---welcome to bishland.  It's THE highest honor the gnats & Village People can pay us.

As for the incessant WHINING about the 12 switch rule.....where is that beatdeadhorse.gif?

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 02:22:43 PM »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
With only 300 built I wouldn't say it is more representative at all.  In terms of numbers built and usages the Spitfire Mk XVI (Spitfire LF.Mk IX) is the most representative Spitfire in AH.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »
The real question, at least for me, is why have eny effect plane choice at all?

Anatomy of a horde:

Pony raid. If eny prevents, then Jug raid. If eny prevents then p38 raid, all the way down to the P38G.

So, if all eny does is stops ppl from flying ftrs in circumstances that aren't related to hording bases, then what does eny do? What is the point of it? I assume the point is to stop the base rolling and hording. But it does NOT.

Get rid of eny effecting plane choice. We are paying good money to be limited by the game saying one side or another has too many players, therefore you must fly xyz plane, etc.

When there is no eny at peak times the sky isn't all of a sudden filled with only 51's, La7s, and 262's.

Also, if a plane has a perk price, then why can't we fly it regardless of how low the eny is? Those are your perks, you earned them, but u can't use them...

How many would care if eny effecting plane choice was done away with?

Fire resistant suit on.  :airplane:

P-38Gs are slow, easy kills whereas P-51Ds aren't slow, though they may be easy kills.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 02:56:46 PM »
As for the incessant double team---welcome to bishland.  It's THE highest honor the gnats & Village People can pay us.

As for the incessant WHINING about the 12 switch rule.....where is that beatdeadhorse.gif?

I hate to break it to you but you're not the only ones who get double teamed. I have seen every side being horded by the other two.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
I hate to break it to you but you're not the only ones who get double teamed. I have seen every side being horded by the other two.

Yup.

Back in my days before I played under the name of Tinkles. I switched sides, and witnessed the 2 v 1s on all sides.  Which, I don't complain about, I actually enjoy it.. more targets!  Plus, in a game that has tactics and in a round-about way encourages tactics. Attacking an enemy that is already being attacked by one force is smart, it's just taking advantage of the opportunity at hand.

So Knights are attacking Rooks and some Bishops see this, so Bishops start attacking a Rook or even a Knight base because both of those sides (K & R) are busy elsewhere.

In this scenario Knights and Rooks could say they are being 2 v 1'd, because they are pre-occupied elsewhere and a 3rd party is showing up that wasn't originally in the fight. That is a fair assessment of it, but to say your side is being 2 v 1'd all the time is quite.. foolish in my opinion.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
I was flying roughly half a mile from you probably an hour ago.

That firesuit must be defective, you should have it inspected.

Revo had absolutely NO stats for tour 169 late war when I wrote that, I didn't check the other arenas. What did you log in all of a sudden to see what was going on?  What was I flying?

You say my idea is about clubbing the other weak side with runstangs and perk rides. Go read my stats heir genius.

Firesuits are for constructive critique, yours was merely an attempt to belittle an idea with a 4th graders intellect, i.e. cartoon.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:26:12 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2014, 10:31:22 PM »

Revo had absolutely NO stats for tour 169 late war when I wrote that, I didn't check the other arenas. What did you log in all of a sudden to see what was going on?  What was I flying?

You say my idea is about clubbing the other weak side with runstangs and perk rides. Go read my stats heir genius.

Firesuits are for constructive critique, yours was merely an attempt to belittle an idea with a 4th graders intellect, i.e. cartoon.

I belittle the idea because it's absurd. If you don't like the ENY on your side switch and help even things out. Then you can fly all the 5 ENY rides you want.

And if I had to take a wild guess I would say 50% of the names on the BBS don't match up to the name the player currently uses.

Here, let me spell out exactly what would happen if your wish was granted.

Side A has fifty players
Side B has thirty players
Side C has twenty-five players

Since there is no ENY penalty Side A starts rolling Side C with the usual mass Runstang raids. 75% of players from Side C hop over to Side A because "Winning" feels better then being clubbed by Ponies that outnumber them 3 to 1, and why not? There isn't any ENY penalty for switching to the side with the highest number of players. They can be "Winners" and still fly whatever they want to. Meanwhile everybody left on Side C has logged except for Latrobe who is flying a solo 109F into the massive horde of Runstangs.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:44:29 PM by ReVo »

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2014, 12:18:03 AM »
I belittle the idea because it's absurd. If you don't like the ENY on your side switch and help even things out. Then you can fly all the 5 ENY rides you want.

And if I had to take a wild guess I would say 50% of the names on the BBS don't match up to the name the player currently uses.

Here, let me spell out exactly what would happen if your wish was granted.

Side A has fifty players
Side B has thirty players
Side C has twenty-five players

Since there is no ENY penalty Side A starts rolling Side C with the usual mass Runstang raids. 75% of players from Side C hop over to Side A because "Winning" feels better then being clubbed by Ponies that outnumber them 3 to 1, and why not? There isn't any ENY penalty for switching to the side with the highest number of players. They can be "Winners" and still fly whatever they want to. Meanwhile everybody left on Side C has logged except for Latrobe who is flying a solo 109F into the massive horde of Runstangs.
:lol
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 12:58:09 AM »
Meanwhile everybody left on Side C has logged except for Latrobe who is flying a solo 109F into the massive horde of Runstangs.

That actually sounds insanely fun! Can we please get rid of the Eny limit!!!???  :x :pray

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2014, 06:31:39 AM »
That actually sounds insanely fun! Can we please get rid of the Eny limit!!!???  :x :pray

I am a bit surprised you have a problem with eny limits.  Choosing the lower eny planes just adds a different challenge.  I know from watching you work, a  challenge is not something you run from.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2014, 06:34:02 AM »
I am a bit surprised you have a problem with eny limits. 

I think you have totally misread him ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman