Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 11116 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #120 on: May 05, 2014, 04:28:06 PM »
Gman, we don't see what goes on in HTC because they are yet to release a Developer Diary on the YouTube  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »
Nobody is saying that anyone has to stop what they're doing right this minute and to run to the BBS just to satisfy people complaining about the 12 hour rule, ENY, or whatever.   "We'll take a look at it" can be posted from your cellphone while sitting on the can.  Sure, an in depth follow up might take up 10 minutes somewhere else, but c'mon... if you can't find 10 minutes to respond to your customers a couple times a week, you've got serious time management issues.  

And this is just my opinion, but one rooted in running a small business.  The "I don't have time" thing really only works with close friends and family.  Just about every customer you serve expects you to get done what you need to get done, and they really aren't bothered if that means you're sitting in front of a computer answering messages at 8PM.

I never said there was not time.  You cannot just stop programming when you want to.  You stop when it is done.  Whether it is a function or a system or a complete utility.  When you get into the 'zone' or on a roll, you have to finish.

That is just the way it is with programming.  We are getting done what we need to get done.  Our priorities may not match yours, but that is a different issue.

I chose to try and respond today.  Other things will suffer for it.  It happens when you have as much to do as we do, right now.

@Gman

You are welcome.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »
I chose to try and respond today.  Other things will suffer for it.  It happens when you have as much to do as we do, right now.

And responding, whether you and I agree on the finer points or not, is still better than ignoring threads that HTC should participate in.  It is appreciated and I hope it continues. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2014, 06:03:15 PM »
... threads that HTC should participate in. 

Alas, the 'should' part is opinion and requires Dale & co. sharing it to work.  Face it, some threads (even when a half dozen or so folk hyperventilate in them) aren't really worthy. :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »
And responding, whether you and I agree on the finer points or not, is still better than ignoring threads that HTC should participate in.  It is appreciated and I hope it continues

But that is what he is saying. He has wasted a good part of todays "work" time to spend the time on the BBS. In the future they will.... time allowing... work the boards but it no were near a top priority.

The ideal situation would be that they have the time to have some one field questions, monitor the boards, post updates, spin out youtube videos, update the web page, both the main and the trainers, but that just isn't the way it is. They do what they can when they can. The problem is that most that have been here a long time are spoiled with how quick HTC DOES respond, at how "hands on" they are as compared to other companies. When an answer is slow in coming its the end of the world for many.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:08 PM »
And responding, whether you and I agree on the finer points or not, is still better than ignoring threads that HTC should participate in.  It is appreciated and I hope it continues. 

We never ignore.  That implies we actually read something and shrugged our shoulders.  Again, another point of contention though.  There are times you may think we should respond when we really should not.

There are some things a people will not be happy with unless we capitulate to their demands.  When we don't, we get labeled as providing poor customer service.  A misnomer, at best.

The reason we do not talk a bout a lot of things is due to intellectual property.  Giving away how and why we do things is tantamount to telling our competition how to be successful.  We stay very far away from that.  Even trying to explain it may infringe on our IP is giving away information.

I will say this.  Nothing in our game is done on a whim.  It may not always turn out exactly the way we want, but we do give it a lot of thought.

But that is what he is saying. He has wasted a good part of todays "work" time to spend the time on the BBS. In the future they will.... time allowing... work the boards but it no were near a top priority.

The ideal situation would be that they have the time to have some one field questions, monitor the boards, post updates, spin out youtube videos, update the web page, both the main and the trainers, but that just isn't the way it is. They do what they can when they can. The problem is that most that have been here a long time are spoiled with how quick HTC DOES respond, at how "hands on" they are as compared to other companies. When an answer is slow in coming its the end of the world for many.

If someone sends me an email it gets answered.  If someone sends me a PM, it gets answered as fast as I can get to it.  Bulletin board responses are last on the list.  Even now, I am at home doing this.  I should be eating dinner with my family.

Right now, our "response time" is tied up in a massive update to the game.  Once that is out, we can get back to our normal cycles and response times.  Right now, it simply is not possible.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:48 PM »
When an answer is slow in coming its the end of the world for many.

Agreed. And ironic when some of that lot aren't even playing/supporting the game.  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2014, 06:48:45 PM »
I should be eating dinner with my family.

Yes! And your dinner guests.  :D

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2014, 07:17:32 PM »
HTC has given 'official' responses to threads and topics before and are ignored. Because re-occurring posts of the same topic (that has already been answered) keep surfacing. Thus, my posts of it being our job as the players to be understanding that HTC is putting forth time and effort to get things done. But nagging gets us no where. And while I understand your want for clarification, us nagging and threatening to leave/insulting HTC's integrity doesn't help them get anything done quicker.  And them having to lock and re-answer multiple posts daily, doesn't assist their efforts.

They have been moving at a pace that I think is fine. Pointing out every 'imperfection' of something they plan on replacing, and trying character assassinations doesn't help anyone.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »
I should clarify something I said.  I do tend to the support forums regularly.  Usually in the morning before I leave for work and during lunch as well.  I also make an effort to get to them before I leave in the afternoon.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2014, 07:58:45 PM »
I should clarify something I said.  I do tend to the support forums regularly.  Usually in the morning before I leave for work and during lunch as well.  I also make an effort to get to them before I leave in the afternoon.

That's sort of my point. You guys give your all (and more) to getting things done, and yet some members of the BBS have the audacity to say otherwise. I think some members of the BBS don't know all that goes into making a game and testing out things (or running a company). And they make these assumptions and demands, then say they know all that goes into it.   :headscratch:

I appreciate all the hard work you guys do, and even though I can't play right now, I appreciate the updates. At least you guys tell us what is going on, and socialize with us with informative and heart-filled comments. Rather than generalized statements for publicity/politics, like other companies.   :salute
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:06:42 PM by Tinkles »
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2014, 09:06:10 PM »
wish things like this would happen in ah

They will or another game will beat them to it.

They do in special events.

I've had fun the few times I have gone, but I cannot do scheduled events that often. It's pretty certain that's the reason why you have low turn out comparatively.

Those kinds of historical scenarios could, and should, be an integral part of the MA so that old and new customers who enjoy them don't have to schedule their lives around those rare moments.

Of course, the htc unofficial motto, "it's all about air combat" not only ignores a large percentage of players but reduces the amount of air combat available because of of low player population (more these days than ever) due to a lack of diversity.

People who have never played a ww2 flight sim before come here expecting to find something that resembles ww2 or what they have seen in the movies 80% time.

What they find is a FFA that they cannot compete in.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2014, 09:27:40 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised if the outdated graphics turned most people away before they even become a BBS member. I try to convince people who're into simulated aviation to give Aces High a look and they all think Aces High was made a decade ago.

Awesome physics only go so far.

Runescape is one of the largest online games on the web. Their graphics don't compare to any of it's higher end competitors.

Graphics are nice, but there is a price to pay for that kind of processing power.

If your friends didn't get hooked on AH maybe they aren't really interested in ww2 dog fighting or maybe it was the learning curve.

No I didn't disregard that perpective. Gameplay and Graphics are the core.

The subscription requires the core but also active Game Development which improves both core areas.

When the cores fall behind the mainstream by a margin the community aspect becomes more of a factor.

Going back to it being an excuse; Graphics and Gameplay being of a high enough standard to convince some to tolerate a minority in the Community.

The new update when finally shipped out hopefully will reset the balance.  :salute

I agree, if people are going to come and stay, they have to be highly impressed with SOMETHING.

but I still say an innovative, complex game would way farther than graphics will ever take them.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2014, 10:15:16 PM »
HTC has given 'official' responses to threads and topics before and are ignored.

Seems to me that whenever Skuzzy or Hitech make a post people take note of it.   

Because re-occurring posts of the same topic (that has already been answered) keep surfacing. Thus, my posts of it being our job as the players to be understanding that HTC is putting forth time and effort to get things done. But nagging gets us no where. And while I understand your want for clarification, us nagging and threatening to leave/insulting HTC's integrity doesn't help them get anything done quicker.  And them having to lock and re-answer multiple posts daily, doesn't assist their efforts.

They have been moving at a pace that I think is fine. Pointing out every 'imperfection' of something they plan on replacing, and trying character assassinations doesn't help anyone.

The point is, if legit questions are answered when a given subject comes up in a thread, it likely won't be brought back up again until something changes.  Does this makes sense to you?

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2014, 10:48:17 PM »
Seems to me that whenever Skuzzy or Hitech make a post people take note of it.   

The point is, if legit questions are answered when a given subject comes up in a thread, it likely won't be brought back up again until something changes.  Does this makes sense to you?

did you notice your avatar?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.