Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 9597 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2014, 09:13:43 PM »
Yes HTC did, but never close to huge numbers.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2014, 02:21:54 AM »
I put a good 700+ hours into War Thunder before I got interested in DCS and AH. I've played about 70-80 simulator battles, and they take a long, LONG time to get in. That's why I switched, the only part of the game I really want to play for fun rather than grinding levels is deserted.

welcome
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2014, 10:33:22 AM »
muzik one thing to consider is pretty simple, on eveonline that battle people left work early to go "fight the battle".  here in aces high by the time you leave work and get home that battle would have been over and done with.  heck the full war would have been fought and won and a new one would have started.

semp

You're not thinking possibilities here semp, but you're not being honest either.

We have base takes that last for hours. Half days even. You always try to frame AH in the mold it's made of instead of thinking about how it could be.

AH doesn't have to stay like it is for you to stay interested in it.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2014, 10:42:59 AM »
I put a good 700+ hours into War Thunder before I got interested in DCS and AH. I've played about 70-80 simulator battles, and they take a long, LONG time to get in. That's why I switched, the only part of the game I really want to play for fun rather than grinding levels is deserted.
Glad to see you here.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2014, 04:57:39 PM »

Gang him!

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »
You're not thinking possibilities here semp, but you're not being honest either.

We have base takes that last for hours. Half days even. You always try to frame AH in the mold it's made of instead of thinking about how it could be.

AH doesn't have to stay like it is for you to stay interested in it.

it would be cool to plan a mission that will last for hours.  the only time I have seen it was back in aw when cz and az planned a joint mission to take all bz land.  it took us almost a week of planing and it was a blast.  we left the bz with just a few bases that were uncapturable.  the full mission lasted probably about 5 or 6 hours.  the last mission of the day was to take over hawaii, we had over 300 to 400 players participate.

wish things like this would happen in ah but the attitude is different in this game.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2014, 10:51:02 PM »
wish things like this would happen in ah

They do in special events.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2014, 06:36:38 AM »
Pretty sure when I started it took about 2 years to get on Ch200 and the BBS.
Saying the BBS is a turn off is a ridiculous excuse to use; It's always gameplay and graphics :old:

You have no idea how wrong you are.  This BBS drives off more customers than the game could ever do.  People use the bulletin board for help.  It is the first line of support, for many people.

The general complaints I get involve words such as arrogant, egotistical, nasty, rude, inconsiderate, and so on.  Notice a theme?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2014, 07:30:51 AM »
You have no idea how wrong you are.  This BBS drives off more customers than the game could ever do.  People use the bulletin board for help.  It is the first line of support, for many people.

The general complaints I get involve words such as arrogant, egotistical, nasty, rude, inconsiderate, and so on.  Notice a theme?

So AH is the linux of flight sims...
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2014, 07:58:26 AM »
You have no idea how wrong you are.  This BBS drives off more customers than the game could ever do.  People use the bulletin board for help.  It is the first line of support, for many people.

The general complaints I get involve words such as arrogant, egotistical, nasty, rude, inconsiderate, and so on.  Notice a theme?

Wouldn't be surprised if the outdated graphics turned most people away before they even become a BBS member. I try to convince people who're into simulated aviation to give Aces High a look and they all think Aces High was made a decade ago.

Awesome physics only go so far.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:15:10 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2014, 08:21:40 AM »
Wouldn't be surprised if the outdated graphics turned most people away before they even become a BBS member. I try to convince people who're into simulated aviation to give Aces High a look and they all think Aces High was made a decade ago.

Mirrors my own experience, and that included the appearance of the AH website as well.  :(
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2014, 08:23:24 AM »

Maybe you should try autogenic training to control your dark side?  :old:

:D

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2014, 08:28:19 AM »

This proves my point, it's an excuse.
For those players leaving AcesHigh because of Community, the Graphics and Gameplay were not good enough to overcome the bad within the Community.
There are many games that exist that have truly terrible communities (worse than AcesHigh by thousand fold) but because Graphics and Gameplay are king, they retain their players and in huge numbers.
AcesHigh has a poor community limited to about 20 people. AcesHigh is lucky, other games have then in their 1000s.
When gameplay and graphics in AcesHigh meets standards, the community wont matter, it will retain it's players regardless of it's community.

Your theme here is something that has existed in gaming and competition since inception. Online gamers are numb to it, and have been since they were first called a noob.

As for help, the Help and Training section is clearly marked and easily locatable, well maintained, trainer corps (outside of the TC, people giving their time), and full of useful information.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »
About every six months or so, my interest returns to this game..
So I come on to see what is happening.. LOL OK, I got it now..
It wasn't "Graphics" that drove me away, or keeps me coming back!

This thread made up my mind.. See ya in another six months!
Sayanara :salute :bolt:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »
About every six months or so, my interest returns to this game..
So I come on to see what is happening.. LOL OK, I got it now..
It wasn't "Graphics" that drove me away, or keeps me coming back!

This thread made up my mind.. See ya in another six months!
Sayanara :salute :bolt:

You're not forced to read the o'club if you want to play AH. Just a hint.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone