Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 22572 times)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #195 on: June 04, 2014, 02:58:56 PM »
I haven't yet, no.    

Tell ya what.  If Skyyr makes a special exception just for me I'll go, but you're gonna be my secretary and fill out all the forms that Kruel would no doubt require to be filled out.  

I refuse to go to the DA without proper context.     :old:

Lol, the difference here is that we already know we don't like other here, the context was set AFTER Debrody's post, both players involved know what's up. It's fair game.

I love how you are generalizing this specific instance, as if it had been this way forever. I have 20 or so total posts in 6 months, most of them here in this thread and in Debrody's post, you see, even here the numbers don't lie. I operate within the confines of the truth, I need to see the films to know the whole truth,

Dolby, I am still waiting..it's starting to feel like you don't want to upload them now?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: June 04, 2014, 03:01:43 PM »
I should take him to the DA to test my "theory" (actually observed fact) that when flying in the Main Arena he frequently brings his Ki-84 in just above the furball and use it's strong climbing ability to suck the energy out of suckers before using it's strong turning ability to kill them (not that there is anything wrong with that)? Tell me, exactly how would that prove or disprove my statement?

your whole assumption of me going to "furballs" as the "way" I fly is erroneous.

thats not to say I haven't done that, if that is the only place for red guys...and I cant switch because some stupid rule....then yup you got me I go to the "furball"

the "way" I fly is to attack the nme...NOT a furball....

I avoid green guys as much as I can...and have been doing so for years....

10 years actually...and with around 50-70 sorties in bombers/GVs in those 10 years, and flying in Fighter mode only.....for most of that time....

I think I know what is easy or not as far as fighters go in the MA.

so please give it a rest, you really should know what you are talking about before you spend your 2$

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #197 on: June 04, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »
So film holds the whole truth in Dolby v. Skyyr, but raw numbers from HTC's website are all that's needed to obtain whole truth status in AoM and Friends v. Skyyr?

Just what is your official stance on numbers and their truth telling?  

We can discuss this in another thread or pms, this is about film, film that Dolby promised to upload.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: June 04, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »
You mean you actually showed up? How odd... He claimed you wouldn't agree to fight. Hmm.

We can fight in if you like! Happy to do so. I'm sure you can crush me like a bug in your Bearpaw but I'm happy to try to oblige you. Once. Again.

I understand if you don't want to fight a guy with, what was it? , Ah yes... Nuts as small as marbles?

Well, he claims he saved the film. I flew out from 23 to the middle and when he realized the fight wouldn't be at 5000 feet he refused and left and never even got in a plane. Marbles, yes I was being gracious. See me on just PM me, you know how to do that from experience.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #199 on: June 04, 2014, 03:05:40 PM »
Kruel, you're taking fencing lessons from Fulcrum, aren't you?   :P

What is your official stance on numbers and how much truth they contain in a dynamic open world sandbox video game? 

Then tell us your opinion of the weight of numbers in a more static environment where certain variables are agreed upon and adhered to.

I await your reply.

:salute
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2014, 03:09:07 PM »
Well, he claims he saved the film. I flew out from 23 to the middle and when he realized the fight wouldn't be at 5000 feet he refused and left and never even got in a plane. Marbles, yes I was being gracious. See me on just PM me, you know how to do that from experience.

Given this is the third attempt by me to set this up, you PM me when you have time and feel up to it. I wouldn't want to bother you with any further PMs on the subject.

I should be on Thursday or Friday evenings this week.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:10:40 PM by Zerstorer »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: June 04, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
Isn't that exactly what you're doing?

No. I am demonstrating the hypocrisy and inaccuracies common in the Aces High community and making fun of those things. I'm not mocking any humans on the basis of how they play the game. All's fair.

EDIT: I will give you an example of what I'm talking about. I find that when I encounter the typical MA pilot in a Spit of some sort while flying an Fm2, it usually goes like this: I avoid the HO, apply simple angles tactics, real them in when they attempt to turn with me, and shoot them to pieces with simple close range tracking shots. Very little in the way of thinking or gunnery is required in most cases. And they aren't too hard to avoid and reverse in an Fm2 if I see them diving in with advantage and have a bit of energy left. Seem reasonable?

When I encounter the same average level of Spit pilot while flying a P-51D, I typically (if I want a better than even chance of winning) have to have a higher E state. I have to continuously judge whether I have enough energy at any given moment to pull a vertical maneuver against their horizontal evasive and out-zoom them if they follow me. I have to pull maneuvers which are more complex than simple in-plane turns to remain behind their 3-9 line, carefully balance the need to be slow enough to take a shot against the need to maintain an E overhead, and I have to deal with worse gun solutions, lower percentage snapshots, because I cannot simply follow the bandit around and around in a circle nailing him. And if the Spit pilot is of approximately the same skill level as me, he'll manage to reverse the advantage force extension or death about half the time, I'd say. Moreover, if I encounter this same Spit co-alt co-e in a Mustang, I have no real performance advantage to use and it doesn't really take high level skill for him to beat. If a Spit is diving on my Mustang from above with energy, I'm going to have a much harder time avoiding him in a P-51D than in an Fm2. Again, does all of this seem reasonable?

Yet, over and over again on this board, I hear bnz/energy planes and tactics called "easy mode" and turn-and-burn planes and tactics called "hard". My own experience with both sides of the coin causes me to question this. Make sense?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:27:46 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #202 on: June 04, 2014, 03:13:06 PM »
Kruel, you're taking fencing lessons from Fulcrum, aren't you?   :P

What is your official stance on numbers and how much truth they contain in a dynamic open world sandbox video game?  

Then tell us your opinion of the weight of numbers in a more static environment where certain variables are agreed upon and adhered to.

I await your reply.

I am fine on my own, just met Fulcrum a few weeks ago. Again, we can discuss this somewhere else, this is Films and screenshots, waiting on Dolby to upload the films he said he would.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #203 on: June 04, 2014, 03:14:11 PM »

I am fine on my own, just met Fulcrum a few weeks ago. Again, we can discuss this somewhere else, this is Films and screenshots, waiting on Dolby to upload th offset films

lol
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #204 on: June 04, 2014, 03:15:37 PM »
lol

I'm starting to lol as well! This lack of uploaded films is becoming suspect.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: June 04, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »

Given this is the third attempt by me to set this up, you PM me when you have time and feel up to it. I wouldn't want to bother you with any further PMs on the subject.

I should be on Thursday or Friday evenings this week.

No you never tried to set anything up, you just said you would and dropped it. Friday's good for me. That'll give you a couple days to work on your head.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2014, 03:19:11 PM »

I'm starting to lol as well! This lack of uploaded films is becoming suspect.

Yep.  Because Dolby not being johnny on your film spot is the most hilarious revelation in this thread.   :)

See ya in the MA dude.  Make sure to track the numbers!  

-AoM-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #207 on: June 04, 2014, 03:21:01 PM »
No you never tried to set anything up, you just said you would and dropped it. Friday's good for me. That'll give you a couple days to work on your head.

Dolby said he would upload films to a Gmail account I set up, I think he dropped it or his dog ate the films. Still waiting.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2014, 03:35:07 PM »
Nooo my phone is dying, I hope I don't miss when Dolby uploads the films he said he would.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2014, 03:36:17 PM »
The two most commonly flown aircraft in the MA are the P-51 (a boom and zoomer to be sure) and various marks of Spitfires, which is to say, turny birds  :D Other turny-birds which enjoy great popularity include N1Ks, Brews, and Hurris. Now we both know that people will naturally gravitate to planes that are easy for them to be effective in. If turning ability is not advantageous, how do turny birds manage to stay so popular, especially with newer pilots who need all the help they can get?
Actually pickers fly the gamut of planes. Especially common is turny-birds following fast friendly planes about to make an easy kill of fast but poor-turning planes the friendlies chase down.  Well, damn them I say, damn them for not realizing the rule of the MA is when five friendly pilots meet five enemy pilots they should all square off into five individual duels. Wait...that's not a rule in the MA at all, and when I suggested it be made one, literally no one voted in favor of it.  :devil
So the performance of the KI is better as a fighter, but the P-51 is easier to fly as a fighter? Dear Ink, please choose one. The cognitive dissonance is grating.
You commend him for dying to you instead of extending when you kill him in plane with all the advantages in a dogfight? You giving, noble soul you. I also suggested that "no running" be made a rule, and that was voted down by the community as well. Yet half the community claims about running constantly...it's a bit schizophrenic. *Shrug*
This is the sort of advice you could have used when you were telling me once, with absolutely conviction, that a P-51 pulling 6gs at 300mph would out-turn other planes pulling 6gs at 300mph. A third party had to inform you that unfortunately this violated the laws of physics. But how certain you were of your rightness!  :)  As certain as you seem now that flying an "energy fighter" is far and away easier than flying an "angles" fighter, in spite of the popularity of flying "angles" fighters in the MA. I guess those all those guys in Spits, N1Ks, and Brews found P-51s too easy and switched for the challenge of it, not because it helped them get kills in any way..
So you DO fly a plane that is fairly strong (if under-rated by most) to its strengths (not that there is anything wrong with that)? Good, glad we could establish that. Now, my own statistics for last tour indicate that my k/d ratio in the P-51D, the quintessential boom and zoomer, is almost exactly the same as my k/d ratio in the Fm2, the quintessential turny-bird. Same pilot, same objective (kill some bad guys), completely opposite ends of the performance spectrum, yet the same essential results. How is this possible, if the P-51D is massively easier to get kills in? You'll have to take my word on it that I didn't deliberately pork my P-51D results in order to make a point in a debate which I didn't know I was going to be in.  :D

ok.....

I will continue this with you just because you are alright...and not normally an idiot.

im just gonna respond to the pertinent parts

A...Spits are BOTH TnBers and BnZers.

B....the N1k has massive cannons and LOTS of them...(nope they wont be popular)

C....Hurri2C massive fire power coupled with GREAT turning ability make it a formidable plane....that most can just fly away from....(on the Hurri2C if you know me...you know that was my plane for many years long before the KI..I still have many more kills in the Hurri2 then I have in the Ki)

D.....EDIT....

I wonder how many times I have been called a cheater....

to say 100 times is a very conservative number....I would say 100's of times....I have gotten THOUSANDS of complements on how I fight....but yet I have died over 14,000 times.....

why is that?

my hit % at best is around 6 and normal is 4-5%

wait wait wait......

I just got a thought.....

maybe we are not reading what each others is saying...

this is my stance/believe/thoughts on BnZ vs TnB

it is "easier" to stay alive in the BnZ role....but no I don't believe it is inherently "easier" to get kills in the BnZ roll....

in the right plane I would say it is easier to "kill" in the TnB roll.

to get Killz in the BnZ roll you must have good Aim...good timing....good SA
to get killz in the TnB roll you dont need good AIM (I am a perfect example)

to stay "alive" in the BnZ roll you must stay fast....hit fast.....don't commit....

but NONE of this matters....

because all you have to do is fly around a bunch of green guys and fly a early war plane and think you are awesome because you fly the P40

or you can fly around in a 190(insert other top speed demon) at top speed picking ones already engaged and think you are awesome because you stay "alive"

or you can fight All comers.....All fights(no matter what you are flying) and be known as a fighter.

what are you?