Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 22702 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2014, 02:34:14 PM »
They're saying he won't go now.   :cry

Dolby rurnt it for us.   :cry

Did YOU ask?

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2014, 02:36:54 PM »
You implied he wasn't that good a pilot, "I don't think that qualifies one for any sort of pedestal upon which to stand." In the MA he doesn't run from a fight or HO everyone like 99% of the P51 and Dora pilots in the MA do now. He'll fight numerous cons at the same time and usually win.

Please post the film of Ink fighting as you describe.  After I interrogate the film, I will retrieve Ink's numbers and ascertain as to whether the film and the numbers are truthful, or if one or the other is in fact, lying.*  

*note - Results are fixed to my predisposition.  Only time spent doing mental gymnastics to justify my conclusion will vary.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »
I don't think he did, but I am asking for films! Should show 9 fights, beautiful, glorious films that Dolby promised to upload for me.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #183 on: June 04, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
Please post the film of Ink fighting as you describe.  After I interrogate the film, I will retrieve Ink's numbers and ascertain as to whether the film and the numbers are truthful, or if one or the other is in fact, lying.*  

*note - Results are fixed to my predisposition.  Only time spent doing mental gymnastics to justify my conclusion will vary.

I may be able to help you out with this! :old:

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2014, 02:41:16 PM »
Guys take this to PMs or general, this is about films and screenshots.

Speaking of which, Dolby got those AH films yet buddy? We are waiting, they will be made public so everyone can discuss the contents.

What exactly do you think people will discuss? The butt kicking is in the first post, no one's going to care about excuses. I'm jealous Dolby got him to actually duel. He wouldn't even get in a plane when we went there.

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #185 on: June 04, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »
As someone with no vested interest in the outcome of this thread, I for one don't need to see any more film. It's quite apparent to me who was better in the duel. IMO all fights were lost at the merge,  regardless of plane. Kruel, I have heard several statements  ie: "He doesn't fly that way.", "It was training." "Post the raw AH film showing it was training." "The Physics are different in this game than in the last game we flew." "The films posted were from two months ago."
Quite frankly, after 13 or so pages, everything starts to sound like an excuse. I believe that you have done nothing to improve Skyyr's reputation amongst the followers of this thread, only probably damaged it.
Having flown against Dolby, I have to say hes an excellent fight, any alt, any E state, any amount of enemy, he'll fight. Skyyr not so much!

<S>
Carer
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:48:06 PM by cohofly »
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: June 04, 2014, 02:47:50 PM »
Did YOU ask?

I haven't yet, no.    

Tell ya what.  If Skyyr makes a special exception just for me I'll go, but you're gonna be my secretary and fill out all the forms that Kruel would no doubt require to be filled out.  

I refuse to go to the DA without proper context.     :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: June 04, 2014, 02:47:57 PM »

Immitation is a form of flattery, thanks, even if it was satirical.

The nice thing about truth is that it can be proven to be absolute, no amount of mental gymnastics, or predispositions can change the absolute truth.

Party of that truth is that Dolby DID kill Skyyr in the video, but it is not the WHOLE truth.

The film holds the whole truth,  if I am wrong I will apologize to everyone, Dolby, already said that he would upload the film, I am just waiting.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #188 on: June 04, 2014, 02:49:42 PM »
You implied he wasn't that good a pilot, "I don't think that qualifies one for any sort of pedestal upon which to stand." In the MA he doesn't run from a fight or HO everyone like 99% of the P51 and Dora pilots in the MA do now. He'll fight numerous cons at the same time and usually win.

I can see why you'd write that, but I don't think anyone is questioning Ink's ability or his guts. I think BnZs is simply stating that everyone in the MA, yes, even pilots who stand on their honor, seek to have an advantage at the outset. To fail to do so would be kind of silly. We know that Skyyr does this as well.

This brings me back to the main point of differentiation, and the thing that might just be biting the man: not everyone self-promotes about it.

Frankly, I think all this heat is a sign of life in a game that, sadly, appears to be dying.

I also take BnZs point about energy fighting - and let's make a clear distinction between that and boom and zooming.

Consider the following case: Pilot A in a Dora versus Pilot B in a Spit, any Mark... at Co-E. Who wins, if Pilot A and Pilot B are of equal ability?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: June 04, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »

The nice thing about truth is that it can be proven to be absolute, no amount of mental gymnastics, or predispositions can change the absolute truth.

Party of that truth is that Dolby DID kill Skyyr in the video, but it is not the WHOLE truth.

The film holds the whole truth,  if I am wrong I will apologize to everyone, Dolby, already said that he would upload the film, I am just waiting.

See, what you don't understand about this community? The results are all that matter, period. If you guys were smart you should have just let it lie. Somehow I don't think that will happen.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: June 04, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »

So film holds the whole truth in Dolby v. Skyyr, but raw numbers from HTC's website are all that's needed to obtain whole truth status in AoM and Friends v. Skyyr?

Just what is your official stance on numbers and their truth telling?  
      -AoM-

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: June 04, 2014, 02:54:46 PM »

for you to seriously think BnZ is harder to accomplish in the MA then you need a serious game check....I would say reality check....but it is a game we are talking about after all....

and if BnZ were so much Harder to do...the whole of the MA would be fighters in turny birds....

The two most commonly flown aircraft in the MA are the P-51 (a boom and zoomer to be sure) and various marks of Spitfires, which is to say, turny birds  :D Other turny-birds which enjoy great popularity include N1Ks, Brews, and Hurris. Now we both know that people will naturally gravitate to planes that are easy for them to be effective in. If turning ability is not advantageous, how do turny birds manage to stay so popular, especially with newer pilots who need all the help they can get?

but yet what we see is a huge over abundance of BnZers flying around staying out of the fight picking those already engaged. (thats not to say there are NOT those that fight in those type planes because yes there are some that fight even in the Dora or 51)
Actually pickers fly the gamut of planes. Especially common is turny-birds following fast friendly planes about to make an easy kill of fast but poor-turning planes the friendlies chase down.  Well, damn them I say, damn them for not realizing the rule of the MA is when five friendly pilots meet five enemy pilots they should all square off into five individual duels. Wait...that's not a rule in the MA at all, and when I suggested it be made one, literally no one voted in favor of it.  :devil

he tries to fight in that 51 and I give him major props for it.....I am not sure he has ever gotten me 1vs1....but that is because the KI's performance as a FIGHTER is better then the 51s as a fighter.

he could easily get away and run to safety if he wanted to....
So the performance of the KI is better as a fighter, but the P-51 is easier to fly as a fighter? Dear Ink, please choose one. The cognitive dissonance is grating.
You commend him for dying to you instead of extending when you kill him in plane with all the advantages in a dogfight? You giving, noble soul you. I also suggested that "no running" be made a rule, and that was voted down by the community as well. Yet half the community claims about running constantly...it's a bit schizophrenic. *Shrug*

here is a clue that will help in game and in life in general....
just because you "think" something is true don't make it so.
and no matter how much you want me to believe your crap sandwich is roast beef....
the fact remains the same...it is a crap sandwich.
This is the sort of advice you could have used when you were telling me once, with absolutely conviction, that a P-51 pulling 6gs at 300mph would out-turn other planes pulling 6gs at 300mph. A third party had to inform you that unfortunately this violated the laws of physics. But how certain you were of your rightness!  :)  As certain as you seem now that flying an "energy fighter" is far and away easier than flying an "angles" fighter, in spite of the popularity of flying "angles" fighters in the MA. I guess those all those guys in Spits, N1Ks, and Brews found P-51s too easy and switched for the challenge of it, not because it helped them get kills in any way..

lol

well you are "almost" right

I come in high to the enemy and fight them....I don't go to "furballs"
if you know me so well you would know I hate flying around green guys...
and if you want to check out stats....

So you DO fly a plane that is fairly strong (if under-rated by most) to its strengths (not that there is anything wrong with that)? Good, glad we could establish that. Now, my own statistics for last tour indicate that my k/d ratio in the P-51D, the quintessential boom and zoomer, is almost exactly the same as my k/d ratio in the Fm2, the quintessential turny-bird. Same pilot, same objective (kill some bad guys), completely opposite ends of the performance spectrum, yet the same essential results. How is this possible, if the P-51D is massively easier to get kills in? You'll have to take my word on it that I didn't deliberately pork my P-51D results in order to make a point in a debate which I didn't know I was going to be in.  :D
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: June 04, 2014, 02:56:38 PM »

I absolutely do not imply he is a bad pilot. I think he is a very good pilot who commonly flies a very good plane to its strengths. The last part is what deprives him of any grounds upon which to look down on other player's plane choice or tactics.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #193 on: June 04, 2014, 02:58:09 PM »
What exactly do you think people will discuss? The butt kicking is in the first post, no one's going to care about excuses. I'm jealous Dolby got him to actually duel. He wouldn't even get in a plane when we went there.

You mean you actually showed up? How odd... He claimed you wouldn't agree to fight. Hmm.

We can fight in if you like! Happy to do so. I'm sure you can crush me like a bug in your Bearpaw but I'm happy to try to oblige you. Once. Again.

I understand if you don't want to fight a guy with, what was it? , Ah yes... Nuts as small as marbles?

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: June 04, 2014, 02:58:50 PM »
I absolutely do not imply he is a bad pilot. I think he is a very good pilot who commonly flies a very good plane to its strengths. The last part is what deprives him of any grounds upon which to look down on other player's plane choice or tactics.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing?