Author Topic: You can't take your score with you when you die  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: You can't take your score with you when you die
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2014, 04:19:16 PM »
To add to this, a long time ago, some of the best players in AW would just auger their planes when they were done shooting down their opponents. 

Significantly improving their k/h while still retaining a reasonable k/d and k/s...
Oh the things people do for score.... :old:

:noid

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »

Significantly improving their k/h while still retaining a reasonable k/d and k/s...
Oh the things people do for score.... :old:

:noid

No, it was to save $$$ and spend more time in fights.  We used to pay per hour back then!

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2014, 04:34:38 PM »
To add to this, a long time ago, some of the best players in AW would just auger their planes when they were done shooting down their opponents.  More dogfighting for the time spent playing.

Some of us did it cause it's what we did best...and with style!   :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »
Some of us did it cause it's what we did best...and with style!   :)

And your G model is waiting in-game for you to do it some more. :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »
And your G model is waiting in-game for you to do it some more. :)

Real life seems to be settling and I'm finding I'm paying attention here again.  Might just find some time for the old 38G in the not too distant future.  Clearly some of these guys are in need of a big slow doesn't care if he dies in his cartoon plane target :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2014, 07:09:40 PM »
Muzik, please note the fact that my post was talking about actual players "in real life" and comparing it to the way they play/respond in game and on the boards....

Thus the reason I typed only "some truth", which means I was not agreeing completely to each of their posts, only parts of them...

Understood, but I disagree completely with it. You obviously arent making the same comparison he makes.

You are talking about how much of an [wowtheyreallydontwantmetotypethisword] someone is or isn't.

He is equating his cartoon bravery and careless guns blazing charge into fights, with real life responsibility and problem management.

I think his point was how you treat people here would reflect on how you treat people in the real world.  

His point was exactly what I just pointed out. He said absolutely nothing about treating people with respect or a lack of it.

I suppose you could argue its easier for the "real" person to show up behind the anonymity of the fantasy cartoon world as thera is no real conseqence for acting like an idiot and doing what you can to talk tough,

That's exactly what you could argue. You could also argue that just because someone happens to know how to act according to an ideal social standard on the webz, doesnt mean you wont see his mugshot on the six oclock news some day.

But again, that's not the point he was making.

thera is no real conseqence for acting like an idiot and doing what you can to talk tough, disrupt and generally try and make those around you have less fun.  

Sounds an awful lot like the intent of his comment.

In the real world the chance of getting you block knocked off is much higher than in AH.

And that fact wasn't enough to clue you that his chest thumping might be a little egocentric?

There are or have been real life military and commercial pilots in this game not to mention many other professions that require discipline and maturity. They spend their entire careers pounding careless and risky behaviors out of their psyche. They play how they feel like playing, and I'd lay down money that the majority of them fly like their life depended on it, not like some kid who thinks he's god's gift to flying because he plays a VIDEO GAME and doesn't have a clue how pathetic and worthless his uber reflexes are in split second crisis!  

Just saying.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 07:11:49 PM by muzik »
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2014, 07:26:58 PM »
Muzak we clearly read it differently. Not worth debating it to be honest.  People will continue to play like they want to.  Should I get back in the game look low for a smoking 38G with either guns or engines blazing :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »
Should I get back in the game look low for a smoking 38G with either guns or engines blazing

About time you came back, dude.

- oldman

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2014, 09:56:25 PM »
Muzak we clearly read it differently. Not worth debating it to be honest.  People will continue to play like they want to.  Should I get back in the game look low for a smoking 38G with either guns or engines blazing :)

If your smoking, you look behind ya and Ill wave to ya.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2014, 10:26:06 PM »
If your smoking, you look behind ya and Ill wave to ya.

Works for me :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2014, 11:22:01 PM »
You can't take your score with you when you die.

Yes you can.  That's just a joke the dead play on the living making you think you can't take it with you; sort of like Alt F4.

Imagine the fun!
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2014, 11:43:57 PM »
your score is only good for 30 days.  heck most stores give you more time that that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »
Funny how "Zerstorer" is being sticky at Dolby for posting a dont run thread...

edit:
"If its not your suit... dont put it on!"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:10:07 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Kirin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »
May I suggest to the OP to fly a faster plane?

Real men fly Radial!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »
Someone once suggested "RATO's on my Friedrich"!  :lol 
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho