Author Topic: AH is Family Friendly (Circa 1981)  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: AH is Family Friendly (Circa 1981)
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »
Filters apply to all text channels, im not complaining about swearing verbally.  YOu have to get reported to get muted, with text you get muted after a warning and not cleaning up language enough the 2nd time.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 05:20:13 PM »
Gentlemen,

Welcome to the lowering of expectations by the "greatest of generations" yet, Millennials. From what I can tell, they wish most of us 40 and older would just die and leave them alone because we screwed this pooch for them.

The owner of the game isn't one, and probably won't pay any attention to the OP's request to lower our basement floor below the sewage lines for the emotional realism factor. Stank is stink no matter how much tolerance you paint that pig with.

Just remember, for the Millennials, 50 will probably be who we were at 30. But, danged if they can text, selfi, and demand the global lowering of everyone else's expectations like they are the new dawning tolerant enlightenment of mankind. As long as it's us "tolerating" them. Narcissism is not a two way street, nor does it tolerate opposing values.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 05:29:47 PM »
Filters apply to all text channels, im not complaining about swearing verbally.  YOu have to get reported to get muted, with text you get muted after a warning and not cleaning up language enough the 2nd time.

Seriously? You're complaining that you don't get to type poo to whomever in game? I can almost understand those who let slip, verbally (though when you hear the f-bomb drop every third to other word it seems they just discovered the 'novelty' and are showing it off for the rest of us) but typing is more deliberate. Your defense of this, in light of the reaction you got, is sheep dip.  :D

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 05:42:43 PM »

Exactly what game are you trying to "game".  You live like this all the time?

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 05:47:05 PM »
Seriously? You're complaining that you don't get to type poo to whomever in game? I can almost understand those who let slip, verbally (though when you hear the f-bomb drop every third to other word it seems they just discovered the 'novelty' and are showing it off for the rest of us) but typing is more deliberate. Your defense of this, in light of the reaction you got, is sheep dip.  :D

His fingers slipped :)

As one who did have a younger son flying with me in Both Airwarrior and Aces High, I appreciated that there were expectations of how people presented themselves.  In theory the older vet players set the example for the new ones coming in. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 07:14:29 PM »
Your mother should of washed your mouth out with soap more often, adjust your aim higher. :angel:

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 07:33:41 PM »
In theory the older vet players set the example for the new ones coming in. 

In that case, maybe I don't want my son on Aces High.  :rofl
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2014, 08:12:33 PM »
Filters apply to all text channels

No they don't. You can type swears all day long on "squad" text, which is as it should be; unrestricted.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2014, 09:08:47 PM »
No they don't. You can type swears all day long on "squad" text, which is as it should be; unrestricted.

What he said. Channel 4 "Squad" is totally unrestricted. There you ou can drop as many f-bombs as you like on vox or text.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2014, 09:19:19 PM »
What he said. Channel 4 "Squad" is totally unrestricted. There you ou can drop as many f-bombs as you like on vox or text.

Clearly a sign of a true cartoon pilot.  Maybe folks could stamp the number of F-bombs thrown on the side of thier cartoon airplane? It would be the cartoon manly thing to do after all :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 09:21:03 PM »
Clearly a sign of a true cartoon pilot.  Maybe folks could stamp the number of F-bombs thrown on the side of thier cartoon airplane? It would be the cartoon manly thing to do after all :)

We need a scoring category for that  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2014, 09:46:51 PM »
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:20:39 PM by hitech »

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
Heard children in game just 2 nights ago and steadily over the last few months.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2014, 11:50:03 PM »
whilst flying formation with santa (hitech) the other nite, i heard people drop the occasional f or s on range voice.

i don't think they were muted..

so, i figure context is important. "oh s! there's santa!" probably gets a pass where "you're a ganging piece of s!" does not..

and i'm sick of seeing it repeated again and again, but I really don't think it has anything to do with age.. the most obnoxious and profane people I've heard on range sound older than me and i'm 39.

I beware anyone who brings political opinions into a video game. even one who sneaks them in on the forum, every chance he gets. bustr.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 01:56:39 AM »
There may not be younger people on the game, but there are some out there who have small children in the house. These same children might like to sit with daddy while he plays. Just saying!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.