Author Topic: AH is Family Friendly (Circa 1981)  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
Re: AH is Family Friendly (Circa 1981)
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2015, 01:13:27 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:48:06 AM by Skuzzy »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »
Meh.  :lol

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2015, 02:07:08 PM »
See Rule #4

You're the only one making assumptions and you've been grossly incorrect on every single angle.   But keep swinging for the fences.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 08:48:23 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Online Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2015, 02:19:37 PM »
Swearing show's a lack of vocabulary.
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »
Swearing show's a lack of vocabulary.

Not swearing shows lack of emotion or a non healthy form of self suppression. Like Mr Flanders in Simpsons who hot diddley-doo's and laughs when he hits his toe.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »
Not swearing shows lack of emotion or a non healthy form of self suppression.

May you live long enough and attain enough wisdom in the process to review this post, forever trapped on the internet, and wince.  :)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »
Again, I suggest that muting require complaints from actual players.  So Charly Church assumes that I want everyone to swear a lot.

All I'm saying is that our automatic filters are draconian and it is way too easy to offend the game program (that doesn't even have feelings to hurt).

I'm far from a Charlie church type person but I do have common sense and respect for other players not to cuss like some uneducated fool in a game, sorry you can't seem to wrap your simple mind around that concept.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2015, 05:31:44 PM »
May you live long enough and attain enough wisdom in the process to review this post, forever trapped on the internet, and wince.  :)

Keep suppressing your emotions and expression due to social pressure. Your heart will thank you later!
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2015, 06:28:08 PM »
Keep suppressing your emotions and expression due to social pressure. Your heart will thank you later!

That's the first thing my doctor says every visit.

'Are you cussing enough to stay healthy?'

'Not really. I'm a grown-up.'

'You are so gonna die.'

'Someday.'

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2015, 09:09:18 PM »
Not swearing shows lack of emotion or a non healthy form of self suppression. Like Mr Flanders in Simpsons who hot diddley-doo's and laughs when he hits his toe.

There was the one episode where he snaps and says "ding dong crap". Such potty mouth talk  :rofl
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2015, 02:53:25 AM »
I think I should be allowed to run around naked in public and bang any girl I see who interests me.  Who cares if it's someone's wife or daughter.  I have expectations.  And if someone else has the same expectation at the same time then we fight for it and the winner takes the spoils.  And if the Duddly Do Right's don't like seeing it in public then they can look away.  No one's forcing them to watch.

We are animals after all right?  Most of the animal kingdom is structured this way with few exceptions and it works for them.  In fact, being male and the stronger of the species, females should be nothing more than sex slaves and those children that survive should be slave labor until such time as they have the strength to compete or they die.  When the old farts are too weak to compete or labor they should be banished to fend for themselves until they die.

Who needs society?  I should be able to take whatever I want from anyone weaker than me.  We should all live by our own rules and if the Duddly Do Rights don't like it we should kill them.  Survival of the fittest and genetically correct propagation of the species should be all that matter.  Art, science, technology?  Who needs it.  And bartering systems!  Hah.  Give me a break.

Ahh for the days of raw sewage flowing down the streets.  Malaria, Diphtheria, Bubonic Plague. Leprosy... those were the days.  We should have killed the Duddly Do Right whiners; those weak intellectuals who thought we could advance through collaboration.  They ruined it for those of us with expectations that we should be able to do whatever the h*** we want.  Frikken church goers and Texans won't even let me swear properly in this thread.

Extreme?  Nah.  Just making sure I'm not suppressing my inner animal due to societal pressure.  I have expectations.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2015, 04:21:15 AM »
I think I should be allowed to run around naked in public and bang any girl I see who interests me.  Who cares if it's someone's wife or daughter.

Sorry to break it to you but if you won't bang anyone who is the wife or daughter of someone you have no other options except to bang men.  :ahand Besides you made a strawman argument, cussing in the heat of battle can't be compared to a sexual assault or running around naked (which by the way is completely ok in my book especially if it's a pretty girl doing that).

It has always been the cause of wonder and ridicule how a society can freak out on showing nipples or bad words in a game which simulates war and killing people. So it's completely ok to blow someones head off repeatedly at 10 years old as long as you don't see any bad words in chat. Riiiighhtt...  :bhead

Instead of being uptight and hypocritical / politically correct, the discussion should IMO concentrate on the detrimental aspect for gameplay immersion in general. In battle it was much more likely for someone to swear or beg help from God than discuss politics or how their lawn mower spilled its oil yesterday. So 200 in itself is detrimental if it's not strictly limited to discussion about gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:25:04 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2015, 05:17:48 AM »
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2015, 05:34:08 AM »
Dominance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :rock  :)

More like stumbling to strawmen.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2015, 05:35:02 AM »
Ripley, your assumption that NOT cussing is a result of repressing emotions is no more than an excuse for poor impulse control, which in itself is an indicator of an anti-social personality. That you advocate for it so strongly is an indicator of an inability to understand normal social behavior and conform to the expected norms. I cuss, unfortunately, in game, and if I get a mute, it's MY OWN FAULT, not some moderator who is doing what he's supposed to do. These whines about moderators and mutes and "we can't cuss like we want to" threads show that the level of maturity in this game is lowering, which is a shame, since one of the things I like about this type sim is the older age of most players. Grow up, look into buying a dictionary and a thesaurus and expand your vocabulary.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"