Author Topic: Jug Instructions  (Read 10955 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Jug Instructions
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 12:24:24 PM »
Getting back on track:
Honestly Muzzy, you seem to be doing just fine for yourself in the P47D40. You fly any plane enough you'll eventually learn all of its ins and outs
See Rule #4

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »
Well Jugs are very tricky to fly. When u fly them always have a mentality of 2 moves ahead of time. Meaning the maneuver that you are currently doing have 1-2 moves planned ahead. That way you can trick the enemy and make them overshoot or miss or stall(since the jug has a big rudder). Once u master the stall to the max, you will be great.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 01:23:00 PM »
Glzz be tryin to threaten my intelligence. :D.In all honesty I base my assumptions off experience rather than charts as charts only show a 2D perception of realism. Once the 25 gets going, it's better at going than the D11 is. Does that make since? Although I'd much rather fly the D11 over the 25 for the turny ability.

For real though, you don't want this plane to be below 10k with no wep. You are asking to get jumped like racist white dude at a Al Sharpton speech.  

I love this plane to death, I wish the M could turn just a quite bit better at lower speeds. It just can't perform the same types of flying as I can in the 109s. It is the most beautiful warbird IMO.

Once you get low n slow with it you are doomed if other cons are on the way to engage. It is not a plane that fights E planes very well if you don't have the E to combat it. Being slow under 5k is like being in a death trap, especially if you don't know what you are doing.

My favorite is the M model.

I tend to get a little impatient and like to dogfight it at mid alts and see if I can out maneuver better turning planes in furballs. WHICH IS THE WRONG WAY TO FLY IT.

But if I was taking it seriously, I'd climb to 18K on entry to fights. Dive to 15k before I get there so I'm going about 420, and then I am set to engage any target around me. Fight the con's who are coalt. BnZ the low con's. Dive shoot and then extend. Since the P47 can go quite fast in a dive, you don't have to worry so much about spiral diving on top of planes. Although it is still useful to use in your fights. I'd stay high and outside of the furball, make quick passes through it, clean off a couple unsuspecters, and after my 6th kill dive away and make it home in time for lunch.

All of this is about dead on IMO.  I always loved the D11 because it did the best in my hands when I'd have to fight from below or slow.  Below 25% fuel and with WEP, it can stall fight better than a lot of people think it can.  All of the jugs really benefit from light fuel and WEP at slow speeds, moreso than most other planes I think.

For some reason, I just couldn't do much in the D25.  The D40 was my go-to plane for jaboing some stuff at a field and sticking around afterward to fight, but it wasn't as capable for me to fight with as the D11.  The M accelerates and climbs the best out of the jugs, but I don't much care for stallfighting in it.  The N is about the most stable gun platform in the game IMO.  There's something slightly different about the guns on it, possibly the spacing mentioned earlier, but once you get the sight picture in your head, it's one of the best BnZ/bomber interceptors in the game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 01:28:58 PM »
If you are an alt monkey, (like some people are who will go unnamed) the N is a fantastic ride.  More internal fuel, 8 50's, yes 8 of them, if you can't kill then with 8 just quit.  And the higher you are the more of an advantage you have on almost everything else in the game.  She also will take a beating and still get you home.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2015, 01:31:03 PM »
I fly with 6 fifty cals :D

I am of the opinion that the N is the most capable Jug, I think if any USAAF plane should be perked it should be the Nancy(with in reason).
See Rule #4

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2015, 01:36:26 PM »
If you are an alt monkey, (like some people are who will go unnamed) the N is a fantastic ride.

Ya but. look how long it takes to climb to alt monkey airspace.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2015, 01:43:40 PM »
Ya but. look how long it takes to climb to alt monkey airspace.

Yeah, but once you're there, you can stay there for a looooooooong time.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2015, 01:51:42 PM »
If you are an alt monkey, (like some people are who will go unnamed) the N is a fantastic ride.  More internal fuel, 8 50's, yes 8 of them, if you can't kill then with 8 just quit.  And the higher you are the more of an advantage you have on almost everything else in the game.  She also will take a beating and still get you home.

I don't understand this.  Sure the N model is a good plane,  but in my experience, the M beats it up and down in the arenas
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
Take them to the Zoneysphere and see the difference (above 30K).
Wag more, bark less.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2015, 01:57:24 PM »
Take them to the Zoneysphere and see the difference (above 30K).

I'll play man. We can switch up too.  I say the M will own the N in zoneysphere.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »
I'd love to but I'm a dedicated Luftwaffe pilot since joining JG11 awhile ago.  I am simply out of practice and could do it no justice I am sure.  I have no problem going to the DA and fly it with you but again, I could no longer do it justice.

Man.........that sounds weasely even to me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:07:28 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2015, 02:08:46 PM »
I wouldn't mind putting my Nancy to the test up that high, Even if it cant dog fight with the P47M it can still carrier more Bombs :P
See Rule #4

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »
I wouldn't mind putting my Nancy to the test up that high, Even if it cant dog fight with the P47M it can still carrier more Bombs :P

A plane as manly as that should be called a "November" :lol

Sure, let's set a Euro friendly time to do this.  Should be interesting

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2015, 02:28:44 PM »
I'm available from 7:30PM EST until I pass out on week nights. On Saturdays I'm around at 5:30PM till I passout (not this sat though) and Sundays I'm around from 3:30pm till I pass out.

Not, sure what that translates to in Reichstag Time  :D

Hell we get enough people we can make it an Event "JUG BRAWL 2015!" P47 with the best score earns bragging rights as the baddest JUG!

FYI: I will be recording and posting all of my wins on youtube and than I'm gonna but the final score in my sig to compensate for my lack of self esteem :banana:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:57:31 PM by glzsqd »
See Rule #4

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2015, 03:02:56 PM »
A plane as manly as that should be called a "November" :lol

Sure, let's set a Euro friendly time to do this.  Should be interesting

D jugs are manly.  M and N are Mary and Nancy. ;)

Wiley.

JG11