Author Topic: Jug Instructions  (Read 10957 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Re: Jug Instructions
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »
D jugs are manly.  M and N are Mary and Nancy. ;)

Wiley.

All jugs are manly, say compared to any AC with a cross on it :t
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »
I don't think any jug should be perked. I am actually quite suprised they are as low eny as they are (relative to fighter base, but even the 50 cals limit it in the attack mode). They just cannot out run many of the super E fighters and they cannot out turn many of the turn fighters (limited to the D11) so that being said, IMO, they rate in the top 25% of fighter base planes as it can turn a lil better than the E fighters and can out run many of the turn fighters. But it is not like the F4U4 where it strengths in both turning ability and speed. IMO what makes a plane perkable is its overall level speed as that is a substantial part to staying alive longer in the MA and being able to extend away in certain situations.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2015, 05:15:48 PM »
I agree with all that you say violator, but in perkage discussions people often cite the p47M as a perkable plane, which i find weird considering theres another jug with slightly worse performance but can carry more ords than any other fighter in the game and has the longest range of any fighter in the game.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 05:39:05 PM by glzsqd »
See Rule #4

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 06:38:40 PM »
I agree with all that you say violator, but in perkage discussions people often cite the p47M as a perkable plane, which i find weird considering theres another jug with slightly worse performance but can carry more ords than any other fighter in the game and has the longest range of any fighter in the game.

They don't know what they are talking about.

The P47M is no where near as deadly as the spit16, P51, or even the 190D in fighter combat. The ord is grand on the P4740 but I am willing to bet that a group of 110s could do more damage to a base and town compared to the group of 47s simply because of the amount of damage the guns could cause to each. The P47 is not an easy plane to fly regardless of what some say on the BBS. Talking and flying are different scenarios. If you don't keep your speed or alt cap on a group of enemies, you will be put in a defensive position that is difficult to get out of if more con's begin to engage you. Most pilots in the MA have a hard time flying it. I'm not just saying that either. It is a tough plane to be effective in the MA style setting.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:24:18 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2015, 08:11:57 AM »
They don't know what they are talking about.
. . . The ord is grand on the P4740 but I am willing to bet that a group of 110s could do more damage to a base and town compared to the group of 47s simply because of the amount of damage the guns could cause to each. . . .

I don't think so but what I need to do is try the 110 and see for myself.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2015, 09:18:05 AM »
I don't think so but what I need to do is try the 110 and see for myself.

4-5 110s will completely wreck a whole base and town to the point of capture. After the p47 release all their ord, destroying buildings and ack( if you don't get them with rockets) will be difficult. The cannons on the 110 take attack mode to a whole nother level, while also detracking tanks and popping tourets on the field a lot easier.

Look I've had many run ins and flown with p47s during the FSOs and Scenarios. One of their biggest problems is not being able to extend away from fights after they attack. If the enemy planes capture the 6 spot getting away in a P47 is difficult if the enemy plane can go faster or have teammates for help to catch you. There only chance is attacking from High alt and keeping that atl cap. Once other enemy squads start rolling in over top you are dead meat. That is why it is tough to fly because staying in this position takes patients and skill. It is not like a 109K where you can use a lot of momentum in the defense to reverse the fights and still have E to catch them or excel to gain quick speed after a reversal. It is by definition a JUG a it sure as hell flies like one lol.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »
4-5 110s will completely wreck a whole base and town to the point of capture. After the p47 release all their ord, destroying buildings and ack( if you don't get them with rockets) will be difficult. The cannons on the 110 take attack mode to a whole nother level, while also detracking tanks and popping tourets on the field a lot easier.

Look I've had many run ins and flown with p47s during the FSOs and Scenarios. One of their biggest problems is not being able to extend away from fights after they attack. If the enemy planes capture the 6 spot getting away in a P47 is difficult if the enemy plane can go faster or have teammates for help to catch you. There only chance is attacking from High alt and keeping that atl cap. Once other enemy squads start rolling in over top you are dead meat. That is why it is tough to fly because staying in this position takes patients and skill. It is not like a 109K where you can use a lot of momentum in the defense to reverse the fights and still have E to catch them or excel to gain quick speed after a reversal. It is by definition a JUG a it sure as hell flies like one lol.

P47, doesn't need to run!

I think the BF110 is the only Attack Aircraft that can put down more punishment than the P47, and it isn't nearly as capable of a fighter.
See Rule #4

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2015, 02:11:09 PM »
P47, doesn't need to run! (Image removed from quote.)

I think the BF110 is the only Attack Aircraft that can put down more punishment than the P47, and it isn't nearly as capable of a fighter.

How about that P38L?

I'd say even the P38J would give the P47s a run for their money in the attack and fighter categories.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2015, 03:02:47 PM »
How about that P38L?
P-38L is the best JABO/fighter combination. Too bad only a tiny fraction of the player population have the slightest idea how to fly them.
P47 is a better bomb truck, and 110 is a better suicide strafer - the 38 eats both of them at low alt dogfights and brings about as much damage if the player can keep it from becoming a lawndart.
In AH, with the abused F3, Panzer damage model, and some unmodeled real life limitations, the A20 is also a top JABO with decent fighter capabilities.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 03:08:52 PM »
How about that P38L?

I'd say even the P38J would give the P47s a run for their money in the attack and fighter categories.

The problem with the P-38L is it is on the average a one pass plane on airfields or tank bases without damage where as the 47 is usually good for two passes.  These are averages of course.  I have taken damaged on both planes in the first pass and I have made three passes without damage but very rarely in the 38.  

The 38 average damage is loss of an engine so I often return to base.  

The P-38 is still my favorite plane.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:11:10 PM by Randy1 »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 06:11:15 PM »
P47, doesn't need to run! (Image removed from quote.)

showing a pic of killing some noob or AFK in a 47 don't say a single thing.

the 47 is NOT a "fighter" and should most definitely run from my KI if the pilot cares at all about score :t

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 06:14:41 PM »
The pilot is the fighter, not the aircraft. Those planes that out turn everyone else are fun though.  :devil

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2015, 09:23:32 AM »
How about that P38L?

I think the P38L is great, but it doesn't have the Speed and dive characteristics that the P47(and/or F4U) does. Your chief argument is that the P47 doesn't have enough speed on the deck to get out of trouble, this would be even more of a problem with the P38.
See Rule #4

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:11 PM »

I don't think you're giving the jug enough credit as a LW arena contender.  For the score potato, if you fly it to its strengths (basically what you said) you can achieve great results.  Once you get to know the AC, you can surprise a lot of people in the typical LWA ride.  I personally don't fly smart - I would rather mix it up and a lot of times, once I commit, I am in it till it's over.  But that doesn't mean a pilot can't achieve a great KD and KT with the P-47; especially the M.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 12:33:32 PM by -ammo- »
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2015, 12:28:27 PM »
The pilot is the fighter, not the aircraft. Those planes that out turn everyone else are fun though.  :devil

But we are not always talking about fighting first.  If I want to hit a hanger as an example in a near full or full red dar-bar sector I will take the P47 D40.  The P47 gives me good escape velocity allowing me to extend and reset with alt, then fight.  With less of a dar-bar I choose the P-38L  since I expect to drop and fight without having to escape overwhelming odds.

Got to try the 110 to see how it fares.