Author Topic: KI-67 Update?  (Read 18247 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: KI-67 Update?
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2016, 01:30:46 AM »
I think a little explanation is needed. The green arc defines the tail cone. The blue is the pivot point. The black block object is the extents of the gun (grossly). The red line is the maximum extent of the traverse in the tail cone slot. I did this in the side view, because it is better than the majority of the top views I saw (as far as the details we are concerned with). If you swing the gun to the stops it is 65 degrees, but I cut it short just a tad because it looked to me that the gun would be meeting interference with the airframe structure. That may also be why in the photo with the man outside holding the barrel that it does not meet the stop.

It's still better than the 40 degrees in the book, which I can only speculate as to why that is.

If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2016, 01:39:55 AM »
I think a little explanation is needed. The green arc defines the tail cone. The blue is the pivot point. The black block object is the extents of the gun (grossly). The red line is the maximum extent of the traverse in the tail cone slot. I did this in the side view, because it is better than the majority of the top views I saw (as far as the details we are concerned with). If you swing the gun to the stops it is 65 degrees, but I cut it short just a tad because it looked to me that the gun would be meeting interference with the airframe structure. That may also be why in the photo with the man outside holding the barrel that it does not meet the stop.

It's still better than the 40 degrees in the book, which I can only speculate as to why that is.

(Image removed from quote.)

Excellent. :aok
This is the photo you are referring too.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2016, 02:25:04 AM »
Yes, that photo actual shows a lot more than you might think what with the ammo belt and structural bits in good view.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2016, 07:41:23 AM »
With bubble slot in the horizontal position, the extra travel seen in the slot might be used up when the bubble is rotated 90 deg. It looks like there would be less internal obstructions when pointing the gun up or down when the bubble slot is vertical.

Why else would the extra travel be there?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 07:44:33 AM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2016, 06:33:35 PM »

This KI-67 Prior to shipping to the USA shows it best.
Also take note of the two floating grab handles the gunner used to pull himself up from his kneeling position.

Just noticed a grab handle on the front turret like the rear grab handles.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2016, 03:02:28 AM »
With bubble slot in the horizontal position, the extra travel seen in the slot might be used up when the bubble is rotated 90 deg. It looks like there would be less internal obstructions when pointing the gun up or down when the bubble slot is vertical.

Why else would the extra travel be there?

Yes, I think that's it exactly. In some positions the gun can traverse further than in other positions.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2016, 06:32:25 PM »
All your Ki-67s are belong to us.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2016, 02:42:16 AM »
All your Ki-67s are belong to us.

OK. :headscratch:

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2016, 03:11:28 AM »
Pays to go back and read books you haven't looked at in a long time.  :aok

Found an explanation why the front & rear turrets were changed.
So this became the beginning of the KI-67Ia. Model.

So when they changed out all the 7.9mm guns to 12.7mm and added the extra 12.7mm to the rear turret then this became the KI-67Ib. Model.

This part I did not know though at some point the 20mm cannon in the dorsal turret on the KI-67Ib was changed out for 2 x 12.7mm's. Clearly this must have been a better option than the 20mm cannon?

Also the only model to carry torpedoes was the KI-67Ia yet it only had a single 12.7mm gun in the tail.
AHIII KI-67 has torpedoes as well as the twin 12.7mm guns in the tail. Yet no KI-67Ia variant had the twin guns in the rear turret only the KI-67Ib.

So it looks as if we have a bit of a hybrid in game.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2016, 01:21:08 PM »
Finally found out through photographic evidence that the front turret did spin 360 degrees.
Note the long side of the twin rails on the Plexiglass dome.

These two have been what I have been trying to find for a while now.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2016, 03:21:17 PM »
That pretty much demonstrates your point. It appears to be 135deg., but in reality covers 180deg (give or take) because the entire nose can rotate. Might be a little hard to model that.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2017, 02:02:28 PM »
For future skinning purposes actual colour photos.

Two access panels from two different aircraft from the underside of the plane.
One factory fresh the other older.

Gas cover caps.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2017, 03:13:09 AM »
Looking at screen shots of War Thunders KI-67 front gun looks like they got the gun mount on the nose gun wrong. It doesn't attach to the top of the aircraft as well as the bottom. Plus it looks to beefy in comparison to real life photos.

Although it seems they have the rail system correct No idea if the nose blister rotates though.

Rear gun totally wrong.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2017, 07:46:18 PM »
+1 more for updating the Ki-67 to the new standard.  Gun arcs are a problem though - I don't see how you would model the gunner spinning the front & rear domes to get the better firing arc.   

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2017, 11:55:10 PM »
+1 more for updating the Ki-67 to the new standard.  Gun arcs are a problem though - I don't see how you would model the gunner spinning the front & rear domes to get the better firing arc.

Yeah.  Your gun may not move in a manner you want it to, so coding it to move "smoothly" will probably be a feat in of itself.  Regardless, an update to her with proper gun arcs would be sweet. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.