Author Topic: HQ down again  (Read 18355 times)

Offline 49Dallas

• Copper Member
Re: HQ down again
« Reply #165 on: December 29, 2015, 09:23:30 PM »
Dallas, let me address your post as objectively as I can.  I am here for the fighter combat experience and understand that others are here for other reasons.  I will comment from the perspective of a fighter pilot and I will assume that this pilot is like me and has maybe 2 hours now and again on a week night and 4 hours on a Saturday.
  • How long is the HQ flashing to alert of the impending attack?
  A HQ will flash roughly five minutes before lights out. How long is there a darbar or flashing bases?
  • I assume from your comment that you make no attempt to hide your attack - or do you feel people should be patrolling the approaches to the HQ in case of attack?
Not in case of attack, But people should watch for  HQ raiders, Especially if the city has been hit.[/b][/color]
  • In your opinion how long do you think the fighter pilot should spend on their patrol?  I usually load about 30 mins of gas.  Would you think that is long enough?
A fighter shouldn't patrol, Unless there are tel-tail signs of an attack. If an attack is imminent a fighter should investigate for however long it takes to satisfy their need to feel confident there is no immediate threat.
[/list]
  • How many bases flash (with radar up) due to GV activity rather than air contacts?
Probably not as many as you think. Why don't you investigate rather than cry on the forums.
  • Of those bases flashing due to air contacts how many are indicators of a fight rather than a lone hi alt buff?
Again, Probably not as many as you think. If you have descent situational awareness you'll know if something is a bomber, Plane, Or GV.
  • Without Dar, how would you suggest the fighter pilot determines the root cause of the base flashing?
You investigate, Rather than crying on the forums.
[/list]

I do not argue that an HQ is a strategic target and in a war environment would be something that should be taken out. Thank you. Thread over. I would argue this though:-

To effectively hit such a strategically important target and cause such a widespread negative impact on the opposing forces ability to wage war should be practically impossible.  In this game, with such large maps and small player base, finding and engaging the enemy is key to both the practicality of defending bases but also, crucially, to the fun of the player base (or a decent portion of it).

Back to my fighter pilot.......remember he has a couple of hours on some week nights and 4 hours on a Saturday.

Where does he want to spend his time?

There are there types of people in this game.

1. Base takes/ war winners
2. Furballers
3. Do whatever they want, On any given day, because they paid $15.

You do what you want to do. If you choose to furball, And your HQ goes down it's your fault. There are things you can do to prevent the HQ from going down.

• Duke it out with the bad guys
  • Fly 4 x combat patrols around the HQ in case someone is going to attack.  Remember to grab to 35k in case they are high alt buffs
  • look for flashing bases - relocate - take off - look for cons, maybe 10 or 15 minutes - nothing sighted - land and move to next flashing base....should get at least 16 of these fun flights in my time on.
  • Take off and head to flashing base - 1/2 way there base stops flashing but see on chat buffer help needed at base xxx.  Land quickly.  Relocate.....take off and head to the fight...enemy dead.....fly cover in case they come back...maybe 15 minutes.
  • A call comes in - base yyy is under attack.....fly 5 mins to land....relocate....lift in time to see the last attacker die to ack....stay in air in case they come back.......another base starts to flash....
  • Log off.  Go fly MS Flight Simulator - actually more action flying a 737 LA to Vegas - hell, might even get in a Cessna and try to buzz one of the jets!!

I would prefer to fly and fight.

The truth is the dar going down is not what most of the player base want.  Sure you can do it but it is not what the majority of the player base want.  I think ultimately it comes down to that.

How about we add a GV factory and if it is taken out no GVs can spawn for the designated down time?  How many would love that one?

This is a terrible, Inaccurate, comparison. Because the HQ is taken down dosen't mean you lose the ability to fly a plane. At most it makes it harder to see where fights are and you don't know what's making a base flash. These are two very minor problems with many, easy, already in game solutions. You already agreed the HQ is a valueable target that shouldn't be taken out, Then you compare it to a "GV factory and if it is taken out no GVs can spawn for the designated down time" Why don't you make up you mind? Is the HQ a "Game ending target", Or is it a "strategic target that shouldn't be taken out of the game?" Those are your words. The HQ should be set at it's normal time of 30 minutes, And the pounds should be bumped to 50. 37.5 is a little low, And one set of lancs can take it down. I'm all for compromise, Not HTC basically taking the HQ out of the game by making it five minutes and 100lb. because a few people "threatened" to cancel their account and a few people cried about it on the forums. How many people actually use the forums, Compared to those who are actually subscribed, And play.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: December 29, 2015, 09:38:23 PM »
I think we have been punk'd.  Wizz is trolling us at an epic level.    We need to stop feeding him.

As long as he keeps uppng multiple bombers for me to target I'll be just fine  :evil:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: December 29, 2015, 09:39:53 PM »
you guys should bomb hq more often.  :old:  maybe then people would defend it more often.
everybody wins!

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: December 29, 2015, 09:58:43 PM »
As long as he keeps uppng multiple bombers for me to target I'll be just fine  :evil:
oh yeah!!!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: December 29, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »
Have no idea who they are or why you're changing the topic. You have no idea who I am or how I play.
This is the greatest example of the pot calling the kettle black I have ever seen in my life.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2015, 02:10:01 AM »
We rarely have more than a few players on and what ganging with a handful of people? The only time we would keep uppers away is if it's trying to be captured. You're welcome to your opinion even if it is wrong.
so basically, you arent even willing to entertain any idea at all that you and your guys are also game killers? just fluff off any idea that isnt yours huh? all that does is prove my points. you guys dont want fights at all, you want kills. you guys want to kill the game your way , but no one else better. its hypocrisy and selfishness, just like you and Violator claim of the HQ guys. trust me, youre doing just as much to kill the game as any HQ buster. and both sides could try harder to not drive people off, but both sides of this arent even willing to try. so, when your game is dead and 30 people are playing and hiding in ack, vulching/ganging, running from everything possible, just remember, you couldve helped the game, but you chose to kill it instead. you had players like me who were willing to fight anytime, anywhere and you ran em off because you refused to adjust. way to go Einstein.  :aok

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2015, 05:52:47 AM »
Got to hand it to the Bishops, they tried to take down our HQ last night. Sadly for them none of their bombers made it to the HQ, they were shot down. We protected our HQ like the Bish ought to.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2015, 05:59:16 AM »
so basically, you arent even willing to entertain any idea at all that you and your guys are also game killers? just fluff off any idea that isnt yours huh? all that does is prove my points. you guys dont want fights at all, you want kills. you guys want to kill the game your way , but no one else better. its hypocrisy and selfishness, just like you and Violator claim of the HQ guys. trust me, youre doing just as much to kill the game as any HQ buster. and both sides could try harder to not drive people off, but both sides of this arent even willing to try. so, when your game is dead and 30 people are playing and hiding in ack, vulching/ganging, running from everything possible, just remember, you couldve helped the game, but you chose to kill it instead. you had players like me who were willing to fight anytime, anywhere and you ran em off because you refused to adjust. way to go Einstein.  :aok

You don't feel even the slightest bit silly calling a guy who's flown a P40 exclusively for this tour someone who doesn't want a fight and only wants kills?

You don't feel odd calling another guy, Bear, the same thing, even though he's been around forever and has supported the AvA, DFC, and various other attempts at keeping the game fresh and encouraging others to fight?

Or how about saying that a squad that's usually flying around low, often in midwar planes, and can usually only field 3-4 on at a time is a bunch of gangers? I note you glossed over my point - if 3-4 good sticks come across 5-6 bad ones, those 3-4 can be ganging the 1 guy left pretty soon.  It doesn't mean they dropped 20k of alt to jump in on a 3v1 to make it a 4v1 like many in this arena do.

I get that you post youtube videos to help people out and that's really cool of you.  Thank you.  But these guys have done a ton for this game too.  There's basically two groups of people that keep the fights going...  The good sticks who inspire people to improve and then the trainers who show them how to get there.  If it wasn't for people like Morpheus, Urchin, Shane, Levi, Nomak, Kappa, Fester, Moot, Skyrock, WMLute, AKDogg, Batfink, etc. etc. etc. etc. then I never would have sought out the TC's, Widewing's, Badboy's and tried to improve.  Frankly most of the former spent quite a bit of time working with me after I showed them I was serious, too.  For people supposedly "in it for the kills" they sure devoted a lot of hours of their life helping me and countless others out.

In my opinion, they do way more to keep the game fun and help people with the learning curve than the mega squads that pick up every 2 week rookie and tell them (while running to the ack side by side after one pass haul ***) that the guys above are just a bunch of jerks who want everyone to play their way.

Respectfully I think your comments are way off the mark.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2015, 06:11:35 AM »
Not the same thing.   Without radar one can drone around for 45 minutes and never even see an enemy.   Especially when numbers are low and maps are large.

My K/H is low because I tend to fly a slow climbing airplane.   I almost always roll a base or two back from the fight.   I learned the hard way that rolling closer doesn't work--at least for me--because I wind up getting bounced and flamed repeatedly.  I'm with Violator on this one.

I was born at night...........but not last night. With the Dar Bar down and you can't find where the fight is..........you shouldn't be playing the game if your that lame.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2015, 06:15:44 AM »
When I attack an HQ there is always a reason behind it. Tonight we earned it

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »
You don't feel even the slightest bit silly calling a guy who's flown a P40 exclusively for this tour someone who doesn't want a fight and only wants kills?

You don't feel odd calling another guy, Bear, the same thing, even though he's been around forever and has supported the AvA, DFC, and various other attempts at keeping the game fresh and encouraging others to fight?

Or how about saying that a squad that's usually flying around low, often in midwar planes, and can usually only field 3-4 on at a time is a bunch of gangers? I note you glossed over my point - if 3-4 good sticks come across 5-6 bad ones, those 3-4 can be ganging the 1 guy left pretty soon.  It doesn't mean they dropped 20k of alt to jump in on a 3v1 to make it a 4v1 like many in this arena do.

I get that you post youtube videos to help people out and that's really cool of you.  Thank you.  But these guys have done a ton for this game too.  There's basically two groups of people that keep the fights going...  The good sticks who inspire people to improve and then the trainers who show them how to get there.  If it wasn't for people like Morpheus, Urchin, Shane, Levi, Nomak, Kappa, Fester, Moot, Skyrock, WMLute, AKDogg, Batfink, etc. etc. etc. etc. then I never would have sought out the TC's, Widewing's, Badboy's and tried to improve.  Frankly most of the former spent quite a bit of time working with me after I showed them I was serious, too.  For people supposedly "in it for the kills" they sure devoted a lot of hours of their life helping me and countless others out.

In my opinion, they do way more to keep the game fun and help people with the learning curve than the mega squads that pick up every 2 week rookie and tell them (while running to the ack side by side after one pass haul ***) that the guys above are just a bunch of jerks who want everyone to play their way.

Respectfully I think your comments are way off the mark.

thats a different vudu. not me.
 i didnt gloss over your points, just didnt see your post. your guys generally have more than a "few" guys on. its usually about 5 or 6. and i ALWAYS know right where to find them, it never fails. they are vulching for kills somewhere. its part of their game and i understand some ppl want kills. but when we have low numbers and very few are willing to fight at all, why not play fair with one of the very very few who are willing to fight? how about not making me fly 10 mins to get ganged. why not back off the runway, let me get some E and crap like that, like i do for them if they want a "fight"? they never do though, because they dont want fights, they want kills, in my opinion. 
you, me, Violator and pretty much everyone doesnt wanna fly around for days for HQ protection, so why would i want to fly for days just to get ganged? thats what Violator and Bear are saying essentially, that they shouldnt have to fly for 10 mins to a fight or HQ, but i should. well, im not going to and i dont. instead, i log off, just like you guys do when HQ is down. i dont want them to log off bc of the HQ bit killing the game for them, but they dont afford me or anyone the same luxury. they want their game and they dont care about your game at all. people who fight, like me, are leaving the game. dont believe me? right off the top of my head, wheres Latrobe, Bruv, and almost every name you mentioned? where are they? i promise that one of the main reasons they dont play is because people dont want fights. just ask them if you see them here in the forums.
i saw Violator in the p40 on saturday, while i was spit 5. he wouldnt engage me until i was jumped and engaged with 2 others and then all the sudden, theres a p40 trying to pick me. usually i can count on him fighting. just not that day.
its cool that Bear does the FSO bit, so do i. but i still dont feel "silly" for calling out the hypocrisy here. HQ griefers and the ganger vulchers are both equally killing the game if you ask me. both could at least try to compromise. but i guarantee that neither will and when no one is playing, they'll blame each other and not take any responsibility for their game killing ways.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2015, 12:59:30 PM »
Just because my name was mentioned I rarely get time to fly because of my baby daughter.   Logged on this afternoon for 2 hours it was off hours and fester map.  Found plenty of action and had some good fights.  I almost felt sorry for the bish being cornered like that but hey ho they deserve it for the hundreds of maps they have horded .
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2015, 01:02:46 PM »
By nature of the fact that they're at your base, they've flown to it. Why don't you do the same thing and show up with alt? A faster plane wouldn't hurt if they have numbers, either. It seems to me that your frustrations stem from your poor decisions.

I think you have a pretty skewed view on what a "fight" is. Most aren't demanding uninterrupted duels in the MA. They're just looking for people who actively try to shoot them down. I get killed all the time. It's fun. I get ganged a lot too when I make poor decisions, but I find it fun to make them.

I'm having a hard time following how we're always ganging yet I often have 3 or 4 cons attacking me. It seems like you're seeing what you want to see.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2015, 01:06:31 PM »
By nature of the fact that they're at your base, they've flown to it. Why don't you do the same thing and show up with alt? A faster plane wouldn't hurt if they have numbers, either. It seems to me that your frustrations stem from your poor decisions.

I think you have a pretty skewed view on what a "fight" is. Most aren't demanding uninterrupted duels in the MA. They're just looking for people who actively try to shoot them down. I get killed all the time. It's fun. I get ganged a lot too when I make poor decisions, but I find it fun to make them.

I'm having a hard time following how we're always ganging yet I often have 3 or 4 cons attacking me. It seems like you're seeing what you want to see.
Pot calling the kettle black

Alert Alert Alert

Scramble the troll interceptors

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2015, 01:13:35 PM »

Alert Alert Alert

Scramble the troll interceptors
Not really, we are flying over to fight whatever happens to be there regardless of where it came from. Your ovjective is to make it as difficult as possible to find someone to shoot us down. Our objective is to facilitate engagement and yours is to prevent it.

Im just telling this guy that he really can't expect a 1v1 in the MA.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group