Author Topic: This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this  (Read 18090 times)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
Re: This community is toxic...you ALL need to understand this
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2016, 09:33:44 AM »
I never tune 200 and rarely get toxic PMs, so this may be a bit off topic but....

It seems to me that rants about imagined cheats and hacks on Country channel can't be making a very good impression on newbies.
I'd suggest that those who think someone is cheating gather whatever evidence they can and submit it to HTC privately, and try to make the
game as inviting as possible to new players -- who will do more to improve your score than the "cheater" who killed you.

YMMV

:salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2016, 11:09:58 AM »
Get enough people together, there's going to be some you don't get along with.  As has been mentioned: thicker skin, .squelch, .report if they're being abusive and that bothers you, don't talk crap if you can't handle it being dished back.

With as small as this game is, it does tend to make it more personal because you tend to see the same names more often.

Heh- small anecdote.  The latest COD had a free weekend a couple weeks ago.  I'd never played any of those games, thought I'd give it a go.  In a lot of places, COD type games are held up as a sterling example of community toxicity.

In the entire weekend, out of the maybe couple hundred people I played with, I saw one person I'd label as "toxic".  The rest just shut up and killed each other.

That Sunday night, I logged into here and in the space of ten minutes saw about a half dozen people slinging mud of some kind on 200.  That really shocked me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2016, 11:16:03 AM »
I played COD online for a good number of year, and I can say you got off lucky and lightly. Because every second under 15 was a smack talker on a DrDeathx level.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2016, 11:27:20 AM »
I played COD online for a good number of year, and I can say you got off lucky and lightly. Because every second under 15 was a smack talker on a DrDeathx level.

I was shocked too.  I think another factor was, and forgive my terminology not being right, can't remember what they were called, but there appeared to be open pickup games, and more serious games.  I stayed in the pickup area, where it looked to me like most of the free weekenders were as well.  They might not have even figured out chat in there.

I can easily imagine the more "serious" side would've been where the nastiness would come out more.

It just really made me chuckle that supposedly one of the worst places on the net, I never saw anything bad, while here I did almost immediately.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »
It just goes to show the luck factor. At points last night on AcesHigh there was literally no 200 chatter for a good while, anyone on then would think there wasn't anyone with a keyboard.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »
Simply squelch the player you don't want to hear or read their text and move on.  Rise above it.  Be helpful to players (particularly new players) and help build a better community.  If everyone squelched the abusive smack talkers, they would find themselves talking to the wind.  The tools HTC has given the players are simple and easy to implement.   Heck, I squelch squad members sometimes!
"One-Eye"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2016, 11:34:45 AM »
.squelch is awesome, except when enough people get into the conversation you run out of slots.  I can only recall that happening a couple times though since I've been here.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2016, 11:38:12 AM »
Guys,

I just had the most unpleasant exchange in the MA.  I cannot believe this community is so insular / short sighted. 

l like to fly the P51.  I will turn with you.

Tonight I was abused for doing that.......I am nothing but a picktard....<sigh>  I turned with the 38 for maybe 3 turns.....got him and was then hammered by his support.

I was a picktard........MY GOD GUYS.

LOL  you know, as I write this and try to compose it properly I realise...I give up.  I really do.

YOU....the PLAYERS... are killing this game.  My Lord I am so angry right now but there is no real way to make you guys understand it.  I flew the F6F the other day, I got respect....lol.  same person...actually the same moves, just tighter....

BBS rules prevent me from naming players........YOU know who you are.  I suggest you alter your attitude to players.  It is really not helpful.  Build the game not destroy it.

Many are overly competitive. Fight pilot stuff attracs those kinds of people. Seek those in the community that are an assett to your game experience. Squelch the rest. Your fun factor and play satisfaction will increase exponentially.  :salute

enjoy...

Who is John Galt?

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2016, 11:42:43 AM »
One of the best things to do when someone is babbling on their caustic blah, blah, blah is to make no response.  After awhile, they run out of things to say and then they start tapping their microphone saying:  "Hello....Hello...can anyone hear me!".
"One-Eye"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2016, 11:45:03 AM »
fess you and me have gone back and forth talking nonsense.  200 exists so we can make fun of each other and enjoy the game even more.  I dont take anything here personally.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2016, 12:49:23 PM »
I would beat you in a fist fight!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2016, 12:52:27 PM »
I would beat you in a fist fight!

Only if they removed my fists!!  <shakes stump where fist used to be>
Who is John Galt?

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2016, 01:21:44 PM »
but i lourves you with lourves :neener:

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2016, 01:42:48 PM »
If you ignore them, they will go away. Don't respond .... dont write a bbs post about them .  This gives them what they want , attention .  It took me along time to get this but i can assure you, if you dont feed the trolls , they will eventually stop pm'ing you. 

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2016, 01:50:57 PM »
Why do you want them to go away? They're hilarious!  :rofl
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."