Author Topic: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 4475 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Beta 13 Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2016, 02:17:54 PM »
You are zoomed in when you issued the .psave zoom and FOV are simply different terms for the same thing.

HiTech

Sorry buster I miss read the question, they are different because the psave saves your vertical fov, and in settings it is showing horizontal fov.

fprintf(Fp,"FOV = %.1lf\n",mafCalcVerticalFOV(Camera->HorizontalFOV,Camera->WidthOverHeightAspect) * 180.0 / mafPI );

HiTech

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »
Issue.. my mic seems to be very low in AH3, since last patch I think , people have said its very low..no issues in AH2 or before in 3 , i think, where not so many folks around before to say it.
any reason?
headphones and mic plugged into front of my box.
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2016, 02:50:44 PM »
Issue.. my mic seems to be very low in AH3, since last patch I think , people have said its very low..no issues in AH2 or before in 3 , i think, where not so many folks around before to say it.
any reason?

Clipboard>Options>Preferences>Voice: Mic Volume. Test it by tuning to yourself.

There's also the Mic Boost option, but you might want to tune that first from within Windows' Control Panel.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline NerdFather

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »
Mission Editor Bug:

Cannot Create Missions that only have one Side. (Like for Tutorials)
Missions that dont have both an allied and Axis Mission Plan Cause Aces High Beta to CTD.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:27:57 PM by NerdFather »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:48 PM »
any reason?

I had the same experience with Vilkas.  What we found, he has a nice headset plugged into the front of his computer like you have stated, but it does not show in the dropdown list of devices in the setup menu for game sounds.  Please check your game sound menu and see if the same applies under headset or microphone, whichever you use.

In Vilkas' case it listed some HD audio device, maybe even Realtek name brand stuff.  When I hear from him, I will see if we can get a dxdiag posted.  JimmyC, would you post your dxdiag please (for those that know how to interpret -- this is important!! especially, with awesome 3D sounds everywhere, we don't want to leave our vox muffled).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:55:57 PM by Chilli »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2016, 02:58:39 PM »
Hitech,

I was just sitting on the runway playing with the gunsight alpha slider and noticed it is an active slider that dims and brights the reticle while you sit there. Is this staying with AHIII or have I just found a bug?

Staying with AH 3.

HiTech

Offline NerdFather

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 03:07:27 PM »
Mission Editor/A3 Beta Bug:

User Action Prompts in missions (i.e. Pause until X action occurs) cause Game Speed acceleration to roughly 5x faster then normal. 

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:28:42 PM by NerdFather »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2016, 03:17:18 PM »
I had the same experience with Vilkas.  What we found, he has a nice headset plugged into the front of his computer like you have stated, but it does not show in the dropdown list of devices in the setup menu for game sounds.  Please check your game sound menu and see if the same applies under headset or microphone, whichever you use.

In Vilkas' case it listed some HD audio device, maybe even Realtek name brand stuff.  When I hear from him, I will see if we can get a dxdiag posted.  JimmyC, would you post your dxdiag please (for those that know how to interpret -- this is important!! especially, with awesome 3D sounds everywhere, we don't want to leave our vox muffled).

dxdiag attached

Offline NerdFather

• Zinc Member
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2016, 03:25:06 PM »

dxdiag attached

Go To Options > Preferences > Voice
Turn Mic Volume all of the way up and then slowly increase your Mic db boost.

That should make your mic volume able to be heard, If you turn Mic DB boost all the way up and they still cant hear you, the levels on your mic are most likely turned down.

To check that in the bottom right corner of windows Right Click the speaker icon and open Recording Devices
Then right click your microphone and select properties, Finally go to the levels tab and turn that up.

Also are you using a headset mic or a built in mic?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 03:30:21 PM »
Staying with AH 3.

HiTech

And the nay sayers for years told everyone you don't implement wishes. Probably something you meant to get back to for the last 15 years...... :O

It's really neat watching reticles actively brighten in the bomber gun positions. The new lighting process makes the reticles look like a projected light image versus a tiny window with a bitmap. I've started playing with reticle structure glare patterns from real reticle photos when the rheostat is set on high. The active alpha slider makes it possible to get the reticle glare mask correct so it can be dialed out when reducing the alpha intensity.

Thank you for the active alpha slider in the gunsight application.   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 03:34:59 PM »
Chilli,

An HD audio device is often because the video card is HD capable and the person has connected to his monitor that has speakers or his HD TV with an HDMI cable. That can cause sound device conflicts.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2016, 03:57:45 PM »

Also are you using a headset mic or a built in mic?

headset mic

So will it be much louder in AH2 when u flip back there..
I can understand how to turn it up etc but thanks 😆
Just it's fine in AH2 ..not in AH3. ..thought it was worth mentioning

maybe I should really have mic and headphones plugged into my video card
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:14:20 PM by JimmyC »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2016, 04:04:45 PM »
MA Crater map

Random Texture Creation Error.  I do not see any change in my gameplay or visuals.

Teaxture Creation Error=8876088C Name=◘ RTF=000000A4 Format=00000000

Screenshot Attached

Thats an out of video mem error, turn your shadows off until the next patch.

HiTech

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2016, 04:21:57 PM »
Not high on the list of things to fix I am sure but---

clipboard size in hangar.  It increases in size in a CV hangar when compared to the hangar on an AF.

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2016, 04:33:13 PM »
spawning from V150 to defend base using the  home button(H) was sent to a lake in the crater
location on spawn point tried twice both times same place
-1,7,-1,0.0,0.1,-0.1
craterma
FOV = 50.5
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)