Author Topic: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"  (Read 15884 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
The quote from 200 last night during primetime.

POTW upped a raid last night...climbed for a sector....didn't hide the fact we were hitting the field. 2 planes upped to defend. By the time I dropped my bomb on dar and started decking town there was already M3s rolling to town....

You can't tell me that the system isn't broke, if it is easier to save a field by Resupping it then upping planes or tanks to kill the enemy attackers....something is wrong.

I suggest dropping the time a supply box cuts off by half or more for town buildings and ack.

Oh and before the "just wait for AH3" people get here I don't care...I believe most of the major problems getting brought up in AH2 will follow us over....and until HTC days something...going to keep bringing it up.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 07:44:34 AM »
Yup... total combat killer

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 08:14:28 AM »
Yup... total combat killer
But M3's go boom so easy and can hardly defend themselves.  Send a plane or two to the spawn and get some easy kills. 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 08:19:34 AM »
But M3's go boom so easy and can hardly defend themselves.  Send a plane or two to the spawn and get some easy kills. 

Our squad has a dedicated M3 killer in its ranks when we are attacking bases...works great  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 08:27:08 AM »
You can also send a jabo or two to kill the supporting fields' vh (or barracks).
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 08:27:23 AM »
You can't tell me that the system isn't broke, if it is easier to save a field by Resupping it then upping planes or tanks to kill the enemy attackers....something is wrong.

I suggest dropping the time a supply box cuts off by half or more for town buildings and ack.

I've got a better idea. Triple the number of auto ack guns on airfields (only) and double their range. Town ack stays the same. Move the towns out of field ack range as necessary.

Part of the reason people up M3s and wirbels instead of fighters is that by the time they rally to defend it's already impossible to get wheels up without being vulched and the base will be taken before they can fly in from another field. Fifteen guys deacking a small field in 20 seconds and vulching anything that moves is not a fight.

(And while we're at it, double the closest distance you can get CVs to land and increase LVT spawn range accordingly, and don't allow CV ack of any kind to fire over land - if the shell crosses a coast it disappears.)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2016, 08:30:37 AM »
Totally disagree, The "supply line" was a fact of life during WWII or any war or military operation of any size.  You could have eliminated the problem fist with a preliminary strike on supporting fields supply systems, killing barracks, stops the resupply, killing the VH stops the reinforcements.  A well planned mission would have thought of that and by doing so, ensured that their only defense would be to up to meet the enemy.  But you would rather whine about it here because you were to lazy to assign a few assets to hit and kill the supply line.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:36:09 AM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2016, 08:31:34 AM »
I guess if you think popping 5 guys in m3s is more fun than a fight.  5 guys that never once attempted to up a plane to defend the base.  Over 50% of the player base has died off.  I find myself to be logging in to large maps,  and garbage gameplay of the m3 resupply,  and quickly log off.  Hell,  I have free time to be playing right now,  but it just isnt what it used to be.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 08:36:40 AM »
Totally disagree, The "supply line" was a fact of life during WWII or any war or military operation of any size.  You could have eliminated the problem fist with a preliminary strike on supporting fields supply systems, killing barracks, stops the resupply, killing the VH stops the reinforcements.  A well planned mission would have thought of that and by doing so, ensured that their only defense would be to up to meet the enemy.  But you would rather whine about here because you were to lazy to assign a few assets to hit and kill the supply line.

Spend 10 minutes of actionless flight to dive into ack and bomb a building that stays down for 15 minutes?  That type of gameplay sounds great.

I've got a better idea. Triple the number of auto ack guns on airfields (only) and double their range. Town ack stays the same. Move the towns out of field ack range as necessary.

Part of the reason people up M3s and wirbels instead of fighters is that by the time they rally to defend it's already impossible to get wheels up without being vulched and the base will be taken before they can fly in from another field. Fifteen guys deacking a small field in 20 seconds and vulching anything that moves is not a fight.

(And while we're at it, double the closest distance you can get CVs to land and increase LVT spawn range accordingly, and don't allow CV ack of any kind to fire over land - if the shell crosses a coast it disappears.)

It doesnt take 15 people,  it takes two.  It is to the point where manned guns and m3s are the go to defensive choice.

Wouldnt you much rather have 5 high guys come from the next base back rather than sitting in manned ack and m3s?

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 08:40:50 AM »
I guess if you think popping 5 guys in m3s is more fun than a fight.  5 guys that never once attempted to up a plane to defend the base.  Over 50% of the player base has died off.  I find myself to be logging in to large maps,  and garbage gameplay of the m3 resupply,  and quickly log off.  Hell,  I have free time to be playing right now,  but it just isnt what it used to be.

Whether you chose to play or not is up to you.  I happen to think that the resupply effort pretty much matches the resupply effort of WWII pretty well.  You could kill the M3's or C47's or take out Barracks and or VH at the fields resupplying.  That action might force uppers for other defending fields.  But you would rather pick a slow moving aircraft just upping from the field you are attacking.  Makes you a great stick.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »
Spend 10 minutes of actionless flight to dive into ack and bomb a building that stays down for 15 minutes?  That type of gameplay sounds great.

It doesnt take 15 people,  it takes two.  It is to the point where manned guns and m3s are the go to defensive choice.

Wouldnt you much rather have 5 high guys come from the next base back rather than sitting in manned ack and m3s?
Who said they don't up to defend their supply line.    I've run into fighters with established BARCAPS to protect their Ords, radar and Troops.  Sounds like you would be a lot happier in the dueling map  over furball lake. Very surprised you ever fly in the MA.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
  It's entirely possible to increase your fun factor by preparing your battlefield.  While declaring your intent to the enemy and screaming "full frontal assault" like Nolte in "The Thin Red Line" makes for awesome stories, it isn't exactly conducive to success.  Understandably, it would be nice if your squad's badassery was enough for the big win, but obviously it's not.  So you want to change the game?  C'mon!  Do the math.  You absolutely have ALL the tools necessary to clear a path to sweeping success.  A little bit of patience, a little bit of work and you'll find you already have what it takes to do the job.  :airplane:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 08:57:30 AM »
Trav, you make some great points and I stand with you. I've been told my diplomatic/political side can be rather crass, at times. Don't be like me.  :cheers:

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2016, 08:58:22 AM »
  It's entirely possible to increase your fun factor by preparing your battlefield.  While declaring your intent to the enemy and screaming "full frontal assault" like Nolte in "The Thin Red Line" makes for awesome stories, it isn't exactly conducive to success.  Understandably, it would be nice if your squad's badassery was enough for the big win, but obviously it's not.  So you want to change the game?  C'mon!  Do the math.  You absolutely have ALL the tools necessary to clear a path to sweeping success.  A little bit of patience, a little bit of work and you'll find you already have what it takes to do the job.  :airplane:

^This.  :aok :cheers:

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2016, 09:09:14 AM »

:x

Stop moaning and suck it up

It's not broke it only that it did turn out how you wanted to be :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario