Author Topic: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"  (Read 15867 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: "Resupping is more effective than upping a tank or plane to defend"
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »
Should read, "You misunderstand, us upping and going to a field isn't about winning or losing...it's to vulch the red guys.

You and lazer kin?   :rofl

Randy do you have a crush on me because I kill your cartoon plane so easily or what?  When you first started the game, your comments would be "Great Fight" or "How did you do that"... I remember you actually asking me for help after walking you like a dog.  If it makes you feel any better, i fly with a mouse and keyboard.  Now you really should be upset.

If you see me at  an enemy base vulching, its because A) Nobody upped to defend it and fight it out, or B), the defense on top of being in M3's and manned guns, sit in their ack and fly in circles.  You can ask current and former squad mates of mine, I'd rather be at the bottom of a furball than the top of a vulch.  I am just taking what the game is giving me.

I would venture to guess that if I killed your hangars in a bomber you would have something to say about that too.

Sorry I will never please you pal.  For that, I will continue to rip your cartoon planes apart.  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2016, 01:34:39 PM »
This thread now has no point but strut and crow. 'We want red guys to shoot .... but if we shoot red guys they suck.'

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 01:38:00 PM »
This thread now has no point but strut and crow. 'We want red guys to shoot .... but if we shoot red guys they suck.'

Sorry,  had to respond to the guy poking with the stick contributing no useful thoughts on the thread.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2016, 01:43:37 PM »
im reading this and just cant believe what im reading. the people who dont like the resupply are the same people who hang at the end of the runway vulching for kills. and the same people who will jump into  an already lopsided fight to pick the 1 guy fighting 4 guys. you complain about fights yet you are the very first guys to jump into a gang to fight the one and only plane willing to up. when that upper complains, you say, dont lift from a vulched field, when he doesnt up, ( because he doesnt want to fly 10 mins for bullsh either, just like you hypocrits dont!)you then cry about that.  all you guys are griping about is that people are tired of you donks killing the game. youre doing more than anyone to stifle fighting, you! not the guys who say eff it, im not flying all day to get ganged and im not lifting here just to get vulched by the cool guy FPH's. its you, youre the game killer.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2016, 01:43:53 PM »
He did have a useful thought. Basically, if it's all about air engagements, just flash the field then back off and have a furball. He may have added some unneeded snark. You replied with excuses about vulching ... and your own unneeded snark (and I noticed useful contribution became optional on your part, as well). Just sayin'. Now, my contention is that the game ain't broke. You just may have to resort to doing what some other players have discovered works for them. I want everyone to have fun. My suggestions almost always involve how PLAYERS can accomplish this. Blaming game design is lazy.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »
im reading this and just cant believe what im reading. the people who dont like the resupply are the same people who hang at the end of the runway vulching for kills. and the same people who will jump into  an already lopsided fight to pick the 1 guy fighting 4 guys. you complain about fights yet you are the very first guys to jump into a gang to fight the one and only plane willing to up. when that upper complains, you say, dont lift from a vulched field, when he doesnt up, ( because he doesnt want to fly 10 mins for bullsh either, just like you hypocrits dont!)you then cry about that.  all you guys are griping about is that people are tired of you donks killing the game. youre doing more than anyone to stifle fighting, you! not the guys who say eff it, im not flying all day to get ganged and im not lifting here just to get vulched by the cool guy FPH's. its you, youre the game killer.

Lazer doesn't need vulching to land 6 kills.   You are delusional in your pontification and show your lack of knowing quality game play.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2016, 02:03:10 PM »
I want a Virtual tractor, some seed, a harvester, a few cattle, so I could drive around and farm while you guys are busy flying, because flying is hard and I wouldn't want to do anything too difficult.

Then I want a virtual bus that I could pick up pilots and at one field with, and drive them to the one they want to fly out of.  No more just clicking on the map to change bases, you got to get in my bus.

I want to be a doctor in a hospital and you guys that make it home with pilot wounds could be picked up by the virtual ambulance driver and driven to the hospital where your wounds would be healed.  After your convalescence the bus driver will come by the hospital pick you up and take you to your base.  Don't forget to stop by my farmers market on the way because if you don't get food you will pass out while flying, or driving your truck or tank or bus or ambulance or while working in the hospital.

I want a virtual trawler.  There's alot of water out there and I could make a killing fishing.

I'd also like to own a "House of ill repute", but I can't tell you why.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »
Lazer doesn't need vulching.

'Pontification' or not, there's a point in this point.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2016, 02:06:36 PM »
I want a Virtual tractor, some seed, a harvester, a few cattle, so I could drive around and farm while you guys are busy flying, because flying is hard and I wouldn't want to do anything too difficult.

Then I want a virtual bus that I could pick up pilots and at one field with, and drive them to the one they want to fly out of.  No more just clicking on the map to change bases, you got to get in my bus.

I want to be a doctor in a hospital and you guys that make it home with pilot wounds could be picked up by the virtual ambulance driver and driven to the hospital where your wounds would be healed.  After your convalescence the bus driver will come by the hospital pick you up and take you to your base.  Don't forget to stop by my farmers market on the way because if you don't get food you will pass out while flying, or driving your truck or tank or bus or ambulance or while working in the hospital.

I want a virtual trawler.  There's alot of water out there and I could make a killing fishing.

I'd also like to own a "House of ill repute", but I can't tell you why.

All that still involves unnecessary coding, sarcasm included. I want players to grow up. Just as likely.  :D

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2016, 02:07:11 PM »
You seem to be projecting intent. While what you say is possible, it's just as possible that the players resupping the base tried to get others to help defend it but when they couldn't, rather than sacrifice themselves when outnumbered, they chose the option of devoting themselves to a rebuild.

You really can't climb into other player's minds. Which brings me back to how cross country telepathy fails. I know the intent to hit the field was broadcast on 200 (in hopes of stirring up a defense). It wouldn't have been the first time a ruse was used, in some players minds. Arrange your fun more in advance. Contact potential foes. Do it kinda like an event. 'We're gonna log on at XX:XX am/pm (east coast/central etc.) and meet you on the front lines where our two countries meet. If you wanna defend, pick a base or if you wanna invade, pick one of ours. Wanna fly historic? Pick some planes, we'll accommodate you and pick their historic counterparts.' I would be willing to bet a dollar that the only reason anyone logs then would be any reason OTHER than there not being a good fight.

that doesnt work. remember the 49ers did that last month and POTW made it a point to do their best to kill any fun before it started. they flew alll the way to the back of our territory to vulch the fun run before it could even get going. and even you made a point to vulch one of them on landing out of pure spite just to ruin someones fun. so, we cant have nice things here and the game takes the hit because of the players. the players are killing this game because they want easy and dont want to earn crap.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2016, 02:09:44 PM »
Lazer doesn't need vulching to land 6 kills.   You are delusional in your pontification and show your lack of knowing quality game play.
i know the game as well as anyone. sorry you feel the need to insult me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2016, 02:15:10 PM »
that doesnt work. remember the 49ers did that last month and POTW made it a point to do their best to kill any fun before it started. they flew alll the way to the back of our territory to vulch the fun run before it could even get going. and even you made a point to vulch one of them on landing out of pure spite just to ruin someones fun. so, we cant have nice things here and the game takes the hit because of the players. the players are killing this game because they want easy and dont want to earn crap.

I think you have me confused with another player. Sounds like a rather unusual situation. I've seen the opposite proven for many years in this game and stand by it as a good answer to this thread complaint. Squads need enemies in this game more than friends or should I say 'frenemies.' If the JRs were as large as the Claim jumpers I'd suggest breaking them up amongst MA chess pieces and fighting each other all the time. As is, I'm all for having some 'dedicated enemies' flying on the other side that want as much fun .... the same type of fun .... as we do. Yes, it IS an answer. :)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2016, 02:18:14 PM »
I think you have me confused with another player. Sounds like a rather unusual situation. I've seen the opposite proven for many years in this game and stand by it as a good answer to this thread complaint. Squads need enemies in this game more than friends or should I say 'frenemies.' If the JRs were as large as the Claim jumpers I'd suggest breaking them up amongst MA chess pieces and fighting each other all the time. As is, I'm all for having some 'dedicated enemies' flying on the other side that want as much fun .... the same type of fun .... as we do. Yes, it IS an answer. :)

arent you HotdgMtn in game?

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2016, 02:18:56 PM »
The biggest problem facing AH right now is lack of players. Worse yet, the ones that would fight more frequently are the ones that left.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2016, 02:19:21 PM »
arent you HotdgMtn in game?

I don't even know who that is.