Author Topic: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.  (Read 52735 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: I have been considering steam since the beging of april.
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2017, 04:56:02 PM »
Steam is a gamers site. You log in for free and using their "software" you can buy/play lots of games. They have 1000s of people using the service.

If HTC can get their game added to the list of games available it is possible 1000s of people will be able to see it and may try it.

Try like 140 million :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2017, 05:09:24 PM »
HT, I think I can understand being skeptical, and you and others aren't wrong, however neither are others pointing out the possibilities.  There are millions of players on Steam, and every hour there are hundreds of thousands playing various combat related games.  Getting a tiny fraction of them - very small traction, could bring a lot of players, and be of great benefit to the game and your company.

Krup is right, a MUCH better video, or set of videos, is needed to draw interest.  Some of these already exist, but from AH2.  Need some updated ones with a great soundtrack, some great narration, and great action, showing off AH3 in  hi res/etc. 

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »
will it matter which E-mail I use-my main one is used for almost everything normal and this game--2nd one is used for other stuff
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2017, 05:14:01 PM »
Our squad fly alot of formation stuff I could take some videos from 49r missions and email them
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2017, 05:21:20 PM »
Krup is right, a MUCH better video, or set of videos, is needed to draw interest.  Some of these already exist, but from AH2.  Need some updated ones with a great soundtrack, some great narration, and great action, showing off AH3 in  hi res/etc.

This is all there is to it.  If I were HT, I'd be throwing whatever I am considering doing for a TV ad at the online videos.  The first video people see on Steam is their first impression of the game.  It's your ad.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2017, 05:25:08 PM »
HT, I think I can understand being skeptical, and you and others aren't wrong, however neither are others pointing out the possibilities.  There are millions of players on Steam, and every hour there are hundreds of thousands playing various combat related games.  Getting a tiny fraction of them - very small traction, could bring a lot of players, and be of great benefit to the game and your company.

+1, especially the bolded paragraph. 

I've pointed out SixtyGallons' work on Youtube.  His stuff seems historically oriented but his skills putting such videos together are unquestionable--they're very professionally done.  Humbly suggest that he be sought out and hired:

https://www.youtube.com/user/sixtygallons/videos

Also, aside from some of the other skilled AH video makers previously mentioned, I often show off Brooke's Battle of Britain (2013, frame 4) video when appropriate, as a showcase of how nervy AH can get at times.  So perhaps Brooke could update/re-edit that same video using AH3's engine/film editor (he'd need an updated scenario map, new clouds, etc)? 

FWIW,
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »
well aces high has been insta greenlighted, well done guys :D

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »

huh ?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »

I've pointed out SixtyGallons' work on Youtube.  His stuff seems historically oriented but his skills putting such videos together are unquestionable--they're very professionally done.  Humbly suggest that he be sought out and hired:

Indeed. That FT video is very attractive! Definitely worth contacting that guy!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2017, 06:46:08 PM »
already?
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2017, 07:06:18 PM »

Not that I,m aware of.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2017, 07:09:15 PM »

His last video is 7 years old. Safe to say he's no longer active.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2017, 07:51:40 PM »
You'll know if AH gets greenlit.  It'll have a green border around it with a check mark on the bottom R.  At least from my PoV.  Not sure about the one who submitted it for greenlight. :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:42:08 PM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Wraith_TMS

• Copper Member
      • My Web Depot
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2017, 08:27:27 PM »
His last video is 7 years old. Safe to say he's no longer active.

No he isn't--I pointed that out in my first post about him.  But then again, he could just be busy putting his skills to money-making uses--he does seem to have professional skills.  A emailed inquiry from HTC--as a prospective client--to find out if he's available costs nothing. 
o--[--Wraith----   
The Musketeers 
(In-game: Wraithe)
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." -- R. A. Heinlein

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2017, 08:39:31 PM »
If someone did that, they'd lose all progress (perks, achievements, etc) since you would have to create a new account for the Steam version.
Not unless you have a way to link your current account to steam. It can be done with no loss.