Author Topic: What is Vehicle quadrant??  (Read 21372 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: What is Vehicle quadrant??
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2017, 07:53:52 AM »
For what it's worth, I found the AHIII formula, before the 'quadrant' pretty perfect.   GV should be hard to find from high flying planes. Planes are fast and cover a lot of ground. flying low around a town or base seemed perfectly appropriate.

They were find-able, but it was perfectly difficult.   Airplanes had too much advantage when GV hunting, and the change in icon range and the new trees created the perfect balance.

Its my opinion that the GV fights are better, because the planes don't come out and end the fight so easily. So people are willing to invest the time in GV missions.     

Who is John Galt?

Offline +Kilroy+

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2017, 08:13:02 AM »
Are you kidding? Until he removes it, the only thing I am driving is M3's and while preventing takes, basically any situation when I can feel reasonably confident b*mbtards are not able to use the clipboard effectively.

If you wanted to end GV assaults by all but the foolhardy, you've done so.

Maybe we could have some sort of quadrant radar strat, so people could at least hope to have a chance - and maybe a storch strat while we're at it? 

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2017, 09:00:30 AM »
I just shortened the plane range to 200 yards.

HiTech

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2017, 09:07:10 AM »

HiTech

:noid :aok

Does this mean the size of the quadrant(s) icon will also be smaller on/around my plane icon?  First time i seen it, I thought there was an independence day ship moving into radar. SO MUCH RED!  :eek:
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:46 AM »

HiTech
What impact will that have?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2017, 09:18:38 AM »

HiTech

That's very much an improvement.  :aok

And now do something similar for GVs, so that flanking the enemy in a M18 is going to be viable again  :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 09:24:28 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2017, 09:20:38 AM »
What impact will that have?

Means that's much less magical now. You can use it to find hidden tanks, but you must suspect them to be somewhere in the first place, and you gotta have to actively look for them again - when you are in a plane, that is.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2017, 12:14:47 PM »

HiTech
Thanks,HiTech! That cleared up A LOT of the issues I had with this "Quadrant" thing. I like a challenge, and it was fairly easy to spot tanks most of the time. Of coarse, there were times that made me want to pull my hair out. Dang CYBRO :neener: I like GVing in AH3, well like it more than in 2. The trees give a chance to evade at least. In AH2 I was usually dead 2 seconds before I spawned in. With this new "Quadrant" it took away some of the challenge in finding GVs. This tweak however, will do nicely. It keeps the best parts of the "where is he" challenge and saves what hair I have left, by giving some means to find a sneaky bugger. Still have to find them, so its not just given to you. Thank you, hated to even respond so early to this thread..was only second day.  :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2017, 02:24:29 PM »

HiTech

Many wirbles will thank you because human nature will be to rely on the 200yd GVDAR versus using eyes to look. Wonder if wirble drivers will start waiting until 200 to open up and not give away their position which is how most are found by fast moving planes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2017, 02:47:09 PM »

HiTech

May I suggest making troop carriers exempt? These GV's are so thin skinned help finding puts them a greater disadvantage.

Todd

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2017, 02:48:35 PM »
May I suggest making troop carriers exempt? These GV's are so thin skinned help finding puts them a greater disadvantage.

Todd

Or reduce detection by half...

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2017, 03:06:53 PM »
They did that already. Next you're going to make them invisible to enemy players. You'll make them invulnerable to any AAA. You'll make troops invulnerable to ground fire, and you'll make them kill Tiger2s by just looking at them, and able to destroy the sun with the power of The Force.

Give it a break, eh? GVs are already too coddled as-is. Halving the icon distance was a massive double standard and now you want to do that again? Well in that case I want 20k view distance on my C.202 and 10,000 20mm raounds on my Fw190 without any weight penalties. Oh, and I think my spitfire should stop consuming fuel... Like... EVER.

:D :D :D

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2017, 03:12:12 PM »
They did that already. Next you're going to make them invisible to enemy players. You'll make them invulnerable to any AAA. You'll make troops invulnerable to ground fire, and you'll make them kill Tiger2s by just looking at them, and able to destroy the sun with the power of The Force.

Give it a break, eh? GVs are already too coddled as-is. Halving the icon distance was a massive double standard and now you want to do that again? Well in that case I want 20k view distance on my C.202 and 10,000 20mm raounds on my Fw190 without any weight penalties. Oh, and I think my spitfire should stop consuming fuel... Like... EVER.

too coddled as-is, Krusty <-------------- doesn't GV at all, wouldn't know all the added difficulties AH3 saddled the GV's with

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2017, 03:21:30 PM »

pffft..  Who fly's a Spit?  noob   :rofl

Coogan   
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2017, 03:28:20 PM »
too coddled as-is, Krusty <-------------- doesn't GV at all, wouldn't know all the added difficulties AH3 saddled the GV's with

You can't use that argument. It's a straw man and it doesn't matter. Even if I don't GV much NOW, I still see and feel its impact as I'm trying to fly and fight. Don't get all elitist and say "you can't comment unless you got rank #1 on GVs the last 10 tours in a row" because it only hurts your credibility, not mine.