Author Topic: Gave It a Go, But Gotta Go  (Read 10281 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Gave It a Go, But Gotta Go
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2018, 04:01:42 AM »
Dundee, Sir!

Just because I have AH tags under my name does not mean that I am closely connected to the folks that run AH. It only means that I volunteered my time for over 12+ years as an official AH trainer!

I don't remember the last time I spoke to Skuzzy or HiTech on the phone, probably a good 4 years ago

I have called numerous times to talk to Carrie to help players out and pay their subscription...

.more later, time for my morning Bible study

BTW I'm disabled, retired and barely above poverty....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2018, 04:26:32 AM »
Dundee, Sir!

Just because I have AH tags under my name does not mean that I am closely connected to the folks that run AH. It only means that I volunteered my time for over 12+ years as an official AH trainer!

I don't remember the last time I spoke to Skuzzy or HiTech on the phone, probably a good 4 years ago

I have called numerous times to talk to Carrie to help players out and pay their subscription...

And out of touch with the people playing the game ........still waiting for your perspective on why the numbers are not here
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:28:11 AM by Dundee »

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2018, 05:11:52 AM »
And out of touch with the people playing the game ........still waiting for your perspective on why the numbers are not here

Well I can't answer what his perspective is but I know the answer to these problems and it has little to do with the trivial problems individuals have with the game. Like oh there is a horde or ENY socks!

It is far more likely that long time players get bored with the same concept. And that is normal. Any long time game needs a new steady influx of new players to replace the ones that get bored or feel let down for any number or reasons.

We have a few problems here why new players are not considering AH to play.

The first will be that thy just not know about AH. But stop looking further after they found a popular games like war thunder.

Second there are free alternatives. Why bother to play 15 bucks a month when you have no love for AH yet and there is free stuff around.

thirdly while I love the open world concept. It has a massive impact on the graphics in AH. There are other games that look better.

And the last problem we have is when we do have a new player trying AH. They will fall victim to any of the following things that will discourage them from continueing to play. negative community, skill level way to high, compared to other games a complicated interface, not what they expected, low numbers > no action. and I am probably missing a few.

Those are the real reasons the game is short in numbers. Nothing to with how the strats work or anything like that. That's just grieving from long time players like myself.

DutchVII

edit:spelling
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:57:06 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2018, 06:14:38 AM »
Those are the real reasons the game is short in numbers.

There is much wisdom in this analysis.

- oldman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2018, 07:34:27 AM »
Dundee, Sir!

TC, you're good people. I've always thought so.  :salute :cheers:

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2018, 08:31:32 AM »
Sorry bout that, took a nap afterwards....

Dundee, Sir...

You  can search every single one of my public posts on these boards and I doubt that you can find a. Single post by me offering perspective or criticism on how people might or might not participate....

I hope that you do realize that less than 10% of the subscribing customers actually read/post to these message boards

As far as saying I am out of touch, look at the thread links to in the thread that you linked to... I'm all in it offering help....hard to back up your claim that I'm out of touch...

Think about this one thing, I'm the CO of the Damned, this year will be our 30th year of existence since we were founded by Ptero back in AW in 1988, at one time we were over 300+ strong with members and over 100+ strong in Aces High having to use four different wings because of the 32 limit..... I know that the Damned have had about 8 members pass away since we came to AH.... Stuff like that will knock the wind right out of your sails, and it still does even when good longtime friends like Pipz suddenly passing,  which is still on my mind....

Edit: the Damned are down to only 2 or 3 still flying....

It is what it is, you not going to see me complaining about anything....

Have a Blessed Day!

~S~

TC
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:41:53 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2018, 09:05:24 AM »
TC, you're good people. I've always thought so.  :salute :cheers:

~S~ Arlo, my brother! The feeling is mutual respect

~S~ 1stpar3, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers

TC

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2018, 10:46:59 AM »
Why are you posting in OUR game?

Probably for the same reason you live under a bridge, because I CAN.  :old:

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2018, 11:39:13 AM »
All the bickering is another reason why it’s hard to keep people. It’s like this on the forums and in game so why would anyone stick around for community?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Dace

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2018, 11:52:58 AM »
Those are the real reasons the game is short in numbers. Nothing to with how the strats work or anything like that.

DutchVII

QFT

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2018, 12:56:30 PM »
Probably for the same reason you live under a bridge, because I CAN.  :old:

You have not played for a year?

So why the opinion?

If anyone does not want to play AH leave?

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 12:58:15 PM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 03:19:02 PM »

" HTC did not force anybody when they switched off AH2 and AH3 went live...."
that is a true statement.... The REAL NEWS is they shut it off about 6 week later but there were still around 60 die hard playing the game in AH II I should know I was one of them who showed up one day and AH  II is as dead as it is now. They shut the AH II arena off

" hell 2 years more than enough really to allow players to make sure their Gaming PC's are capable to play the newest version smoothly...."

Sadly were all not as rich or as computer savvy as you are, But then again your closely connected with the folk that run the game. And your statement "allow players to make sure their Gaming PC's are capable to play the newest version smoothly....." You need to direct your attention to this thread http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,391561.0.html The DX 11 still has an obvious problem with stability....and just because it runs fine on your machine..... doesn't mean it good for everybody.

If everything was rainbows and unicorns there would be a ton of people in this game.......... especially with the game being offered and show cased in Steam.. I wish you would explain the reason the numbers are still flat, I really would enjoy reading your perspective on that

Do you realize how much money it would cost to have AH2 and AH3 running?  Not to mention the development costs that would be needed to support both versions of the game?  Sure, to you it might look like much because it isn't your business nor your money.  From a development standpoint, it's not worth the money to do what you wish.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2018, 12:26:22 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 06:39:58 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2018, 01:31:28 AM »
Your squad did a fair bit of griefing to make the game play unsatisfactory for many Dundee.  How does that bed you made smell now that you have to lie in it?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2018, 02:00:49 AM »
 :)

The majority of people crying are those who cause the grief  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario