Author Topic: My opinion on your test  (Read 6916 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Re: My opinion on your test
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2018, 03:23:39 PM »
Hey, guys. No time to read all the posts, so if someone's suggested this, I apologize for being redundant. I too think the GV map-icons are too much as implemented, but the ability of GVs to hide so effectively from aerial observation is also problematic. My suggestion is two-fold. Regarding enemy GV map-icons, I'd only make them visible on the map when the vehicle is within a fairly short range of a base or strat; basically within reasonable hearing/visual distance, say, 2000 yards. Otherwise, it counts towards the bardar only. Friendly GV map-icons are fine at all ranges. Regarding regular icons for a GV hiding under trees, as seen from a searching enemy aircraft, I'd modify the current rules as follows. If the GV is sitting under cover, engine off, and not moving, icon will be invisible. The moment it fires a weapon, the icon pops up as is used to (using the classic range difference for the Storch vs. other AC); the icon remains visible for 30 seconds from the last round fired. This represents the smoke and dust cloud created by firing that dissipates after a short period of time. Thanks.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2018, 03:24:04 PM »
This is the kind of thinking we need, not the, "GO CREATE A CUSTOM ARENA IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SO SMART" commentary.

You're right.  Empty speculation based on one night is so much more useful.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2018, 03:24:58 PM »
You're right.  Empty speculation based on one night is so much more useful.

Wiley.

Well your way sure isn't working, and it's been that way for YEARS.

Of course, Hitech tried to do more than a night to get some data and the whole world came to an end.  Gawd forbid we encourage combat in a COMBAT game.    :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »
This is the kind of thinking we need, not the, "GO CREATE A CUSTOM ARENA IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SO SMART" commentary.
Thats a bit rough...wasnt AT ALL where I was coming from. I think you had a VALID position with your AvA experience. Once just wouldnt be enough to form a solid base line IMO. I love the idea..its making it stick/work that is still the issue. I know..that isnt gonna change, but it is a POSITIVE DIRECTION to try reaching for :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2018, 03:25:57 PM »
Hey, guys. No time to read all the posts, so if someone's suggested this, I apologize for being redundant. I too think the GV map-icons are too much as implemented, but the ability of GVs to hide so effectively from aerial observation is also problematic. My suggestion is two-fold. Regarding enemy GV map-icons, I'd only make them visible on the map when the vehicle is within a fairly short range of a base or strat; basically within reasonable hearing/visual distance, say, 2000 yards. Otherwise, it counts towards the bardar only. Friendly GV map-icons are fine at all ranges. Regarding regular icons for a GV hiding under trees, as seen from a searching enemy aircraft, I'd modify the current rules as follows. If the GV is sitting under cover, engine off, and not moving, icon will be invisible. The moment it fires a weapon, the icon pops up as is used to (using the classic range difference for the Storch vs. other AC); the icon remains visible for 30 seconds from the last round fired. This represents the smoke and dust cloud created by firing that dissipates after a short period of time. Thanks.

This is actually quite novel and brilliant.   Again, way more productive than the "you are just an empty speculator" chorus.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2018, 03:26:28 PM »
Thats a bit rough...wasnt AT ALL where I was coming from. I think you had a VALID position with your AvA experience. Once just wouldnt be enough to form a solid base line IMO. I love the idea..its making it stick/work that is still the issue. I know..that isnt gonna change, but it is a POSITIVE DIRECTION to try reaching for :rock

Wasn't directing that at you.   Just certain...others.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2018, 03:44:31 PM »
We did.  And it did.

It's both.

That you can't see that is your cross to bear not mine.

So these settings will save the game. First, we need more numbers. Then we will have more numbers. That is not a plan. It is a goal.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2018, 04:06:27 PM »
So these settings will save the game. First, we need more numbers. Then we will have more numbers. That is not a plan. It is a goal.

Wiley.

Are you simply obtuse on this point or am I being punk'd?   

You have thousands of people coming in to look at the game and leaving.   You have to get those people to stick around.   

It's like a raindrop, see.  There's this thing called a CONDENSATION NUCLEUS (plural being NUCLEI).   It can be a speck of dust or whatever.   Water molecules attach to it attracting more and more of the same and pretty soon you get a raindrop that goes splat on the sidewalk.  Miraculous.

Players are the same way.

So you can either have evaporation and dead plants, or rain and green grass.  Your call.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:12:16 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2018, 04:10:11 PM »
Are you intentionally obtuse or am I being punk'd?

You have thousands of people coming in to look at the game and leaving.   You have to get those people to stick around.   

It's like a raindrop, see.  There's this thing called CONDENSATION NUCLEUS (or things called NUCLEI).   It can be a speck of dust or whatever.   Water molecules attach to it attracting more and more of the same and pretty soon you get a raindrop that goes splat on the sidewalk.  Miraculous.

Players are the same way.

So you can either have evaporation and dead plants, or rain and green grass.  Your call.
I get your point...SEEDING clouds artificially isnt as good as letting NATURAL Forces have their way though. Just trying to be Esoteric... when you pray for rain...you also have to be prepared for the mud. :D
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2018, 04:11:25 PM »
I get your point...SEEDING clouds artificially isnt as good as letting NATURAL Forces have their way though. Just trying to be Esoteric... when you pray for mud...you also have to be prepared for the mud. :D

When nature won't do it then you have to seed the cloud.   Either way you get rain.   Everything about this game is artificial.    One way or the other you need dust particles in here or you're not going to get any rain, thus everything dries up and blows away.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2018, 04:13:04 PM »
I agree..just dont have the answers :uhoh

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »
I agree..just dont have the answers :uhoh

None of us do--YET.   But I think a paradigm shift is vital or this trajectory will continue.   
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2018, 04:16:20 PM »
Are you simply obtuse on this point or am I being punk'd?   

And you have unilaterally decided it's because of the radar settings based on... what was it?  Oh right.  Your own opinions.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: August 16, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »
I keep seeing short advertisements for war thunder on YouTube maybe it's a way to go for Aces high
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: August 16, 2018, 04:28:47 PM »
And you have unilaterally decided it's because of the radar settings based on... what was it?  Oh right.  Your own opinions.

Wiley.

I have unilaterally decided it is due in large part to lack of action.   To deny this reality is to be blind as a bat.  I have also unilaterally decided that the reason people are leaving is the same reason I, as a veteran player (along with many others), have had similar thoughts: lack of action.

You, OTOH, have unilaterally decided that all is well, and that declining action, hiding, etc. is just fine.    Good luck with that premise.   Unfortunately, those misguided notions have an impact on things well beyond your keyboard.

I've tried to get people to play this game and their actions support my premise not yours.   I've seen squaddies quit one by one by one, never to return.   Again.  My premise is supported, yours is not.  Numbers do not lie.

So, instead of advocating on Hitech's behalf for things that will improve the game you'd rather throw keyboard hand grenades and condescension at anyone with a different view.   Again, good luck with that...  You have the right to be wrong.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:34:59 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned