Author Topic: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc  (Read 17164 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: 2v1 country ganging needs intervention from htc
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2019, 11:28:38 PM »

Heh.  I think his complaint is that all planes are not enabled for both sides in the AvA.

Boiled down to its essentials, it expresses a desire to be able to fly your favorite plane.  Many people want to always be able to fly their favorite plane.  Among them are many respected veterans.  While I recognize this, I've never understood it.  AH has so many planes, it seems a shame to ignore the variety.

That said, the AvA is not going to be the same as a two-sided MA.

- oldman

the ava has allowed many times to have all planes available.  planes are not hardcoded into the arena, it's an arena setting. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2019, 11:58:32 PM »
so you think if the ava was renamed the ma that people would just accept it and fly in it?

semp

:rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2019, 11:59:38 PM »

Heh.  I think his complaint is that all planes are not enabled for both sides in the AvA.

Boiled down to its essentials, it expresses a desire to be able to fly your favorite plane.  Many people want to always be able to fly their favorite plane.  Among them are many respected veterans.  While I recognize this, I've never understood it.  AH has so many planes, it seems a shame to ignore the variety.

That said, the AvA is not going to be the same as a two-sided MA.

- oldman

I detect a heartbeat in the search for life on this planet.   

:cheers:

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2019, 12:03:22 AM »
the ava has allowed many times to have all planes available.  planes are not hardcoded into the arena, it's an arena setting. 

semp

Then why call it AvA?    Of course, there are other variables. 

Frankly, HTC needs a two-sided MA, a TA, and the Match Play.  Dump everything else except for special events.   The arrangement now dilutes the players over a wide area for no benefit. 

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2019, 12:10:01 AM »
Well since 2 sides has been tried and failed, I see no reason to keep beating a dead tortuga.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2019, 01:03:30 AM »
In Air Warrior we had what was known as The Valley Of The Dweebs (VOD).  The area comprised of two bases (one in Azland, other in Bzland) separated by a river.  VOD area was known for its quick action and most of the time that's where most of the Az and Bzlanders flew, completely ignoring Czland.  As a Czlander, it was hard to find a fight since every one else was on the far west of the map and Czland was on the east part of the map.

To fight in VOD, Czlander would have to fly 8 sectors or more t0 get there.  A few of us got tired of it and organized our squadrons and started to hit the Az and Bzland factories and capturing the neutral bases in the Big Pond area and then shutting down the Az and Bz bases.  After a couple of days without Spitfires, poor fuel, no cannon ammo and random mechanical failures, the Az and Bzlanders spent less time in VOD and more time fighting Czland.

Sometimes you have to start the fight instead of whining about not having a fight.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2019, 06:06:08 AM »
Well since 2 sides has been tried and failed, I see no reason to keep beating a dead tortuga.

It is rumored that a guy tried and failed to make an electric light globe some years ago.  Failure does not mean something cannot work and changing conditions certainly change the dynamics.

Let me go light another candle and I will help you look for that dead horse

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2019, 09:15:30 AM »
It is rumored that a guy tried and failed to make an electric light globe some years ago.  Failure does not mean something cannot work and changing conditions certainly change the dynamics.

Let me go light another candle and I will help you look for that dead horse

When you find that candle... use it to read my post. No horse in it.
Turtles are rarely if ever confused with horses.

A light bulb that would not burn more than a few seconds is an odd comparison. In fact it is no comparison.

Nothing was added or taken away..... but in a way it was. A vacuum was added that actually took away air/oxygen. Funny is that....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2019, 09:47:52 AM »
In Air Warrior we had what was known as The Valley Of The Dweebs (VOD).  The area comprised of two bases (one in Azland, other in Bzland) separated by a river.  VOD area was known for its quick action and most of the time that's where most of the Az and Bzlanders flew, completely ignoring Czland.  As a Czlander, it was hard to find a fight since every one else was on the far west of the map and Czland was on the east part of the map.

To fight in VOD, Czlander would have to fly 8 sectors or more t0 get there.  A few of us got tired of it and organized our squadrons and started to hit the Az and Bzland factories and capturing the neutral bases in the Big Pond area and then shutting down the Az and Bz bases.  After a couple of days without Spitfires, poor fuel, no cannon ammo and random mechanical failures, the Az and Bzlanders spent less time in VOD and more time fighting Czland.

Sometimes you have to start the fight instead of whining about not having a fight.

That works real well with ENY and Side Switch Timers working in opposition to each other.   Or not.

Nits and Bish have their daily purse fight while Rooks twiddle their thumbs on the other side of the map.   I’ve droned around for hours trying to “start the fight” and gotten nowhere with it.   Didn’t used to be that way but it is reality now. 

People have offered great ideas on how to make a two-sided MA work.    It is worth a try.   However Dale has made it clear what he thinks so this entire discussion is of no purpose.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2019, 10:13:22 AM »
Open your own custom 2 sided arena. Let players choose.

My prediction is 3 sides is more popular.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
Open your own custom 2 sided arena. Let players choose.

My prediction is 3 sides is more popular.

Wrong.    People go where critical mass is.   Two sides or ten sides it doesn't matter.    If the MA had only two sides and a custom arena had three sides take a guess where people would go.   

YEP.

”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2019, 10:44:03 AM »
Wrong.    People go where critical mass is.   Two sides or ten sides it doesn't matter.    If the MA had only two sides and a custom arena had three sides take a guess where people would go.   

YEP.

So people don't like 2 sides?   What is their problem?  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2019, 11:53:14 AM »
So people don't like 2 sides?   What is their problem?  :D

Lol.

Put up a two-sided MA for two weeks.   People will find so much action they’ll think they died and went to Heaven. 

But we really are wasting our time on this.  Dale has made his decision known.    Case closed, basically.   :salute
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2019, 11:56:24 AM »
Lol.

Put up a two-sided MA for two weeks.   People will find so much action they’ll think they died and went to Heaven. 

But we really are wasting our time on this.  Dale has made his decision known.    Case closed, basically.   :salute

Yup.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2019, 12:19:25 PM »
Lol.

Yes it has officially been tried and died.
80th FS "Headhunters"