Author Topic: Funniest AH moment stories  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Funniest AH moment stories
« on: March 30, 2019, 07:33:57 AM »
Who doesn't remember Pipz? (RIP)  :salute

I was defending an old style, circa AH2 GV base when I heard a cpl of rockets hit...then a few more...then an onslaught of rockets raining down everywhere. At 1st I wasn't sure what was happening (when's the last time you heard hundreds of rockets?) so on Ch 200 I typed, "WTF is going on at Vxx???"

Next thing I hear is Pipz on vox howling with laughter and screaming, "How do you like us nowwwwwwwwwwwww?" He and a couple of squaddies attacked with M4 rocket tanks but not before using M3's to park scores of sup boxes to the base parameter.

Between the 10 minute rocket barrage and Pipz's howling it was the funniest thing ever.  :old:

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
Re: Funniest AH moment stories
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 12:07:22 AM »
Still a noob so my stories are limited... very limited.. hahaha.. BUT.... 2 events come to mind that were pure dumb luck but cool as hell to have pulled it off..

1. Downing a P38 with a B25 at 3.5km....
was on my way to drop some eggs one night and while climbing to alt I found myself playing chicken with a P38. He was 5k off my 12, I put my crosshair a good 6" above him and let loose with the 75mm.. it looked like an artillery round with the arching flight path and as the round started to drop, the P38 started to climb... I was thinking no way.... at 3.5k that P38 merge plotted with my round and blew up!!

2. Downing a B17 with an I16...
One night while getting pummeled and spawn raped by a hornets nest of red planes swarming over A9, I managed to get airborn in an I16. Just after takeoff, I pulled vertical just as 3 low flying B17's were passing directly overhead.. I had just enough time to switch to and fire my rockets before stalling/getting shot down.. the third rocket went right up his belly and BOOM!!
Very cool thing to see!!

See you in da skies Boys!!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 05:14:53 PM »
getting called out by kermit and betty from the ground as pilots with pistols. 

I circled a few times to see where they were and bailed out nearby behind some trees.  Kermit comes running up the hill, I step out from behind a tree and shoot him in the face with my pistol  :D.  Then I run down the hill side stepping from one tree to another encircle an old style red barn and shoot betty in the back.     :banana:  :ahand
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline DurrD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 02:51:15 PM »
There are so many to choose from, and by their very nature you had to have been there for most of them to be truly funny, but a few of my favorites:

- FBCrabby stating on country channel after bailing out over an enemy airfield that he was going to shoot the next pilot to take off in the head.  He walked over to the runway, and seconds later somebody spawned, and boom, he shot them right in the head, killing like a Spitfire or whatever it was with his pistol!  Since there were no planes nearby, I have always wondered if the guy that got hit ever knew what hit him.

- The Knight pilot that was flying over an enemy field, I think for the purpose of taking down the dar; when a large mission spawned on the runway.  He dropped his bomb on the runway and got some ridiculous number of kills (seems like it was like 15-20).

- Putz was doing what he used to do on ch200, and apparently we Freebirds set him off with something we did, so he was ranting about us and being generally insulting.  I was returning to base with 5 kills and I thought maybe I could bait him, so I landed at a safe base, and waited.  Putz made another disparaging comment, so I said something like, "You talk a lot of stuff for somebody that hasn't landed any kills recently".  He comes back, as I thought he might with, "I NEVER see any Freechickens landing kills".  I instantly hit end flight so that the 5 kills system message immediately followed his statement in the text buffer.  I still have the screenshot from that one somewhere. 

- The massive goon raids that we used to do way back in the day.

- Flying a goon and having an Me-262 dive in from somewhere in the stratosphere only to compress and lawn dart right next to me.  C-47 = 1 : Me-262 = 0.  Also, evading an attacking La-7 while in a goon, eventually gaining his tail, and sticking right on it for a few minutes, ultimately resulting in the La-7 running for home, while I (slowly) chased in the mighty goon lol!

- Watching a drunken pilot who shall remain unnamed repeatedly crash Me-262s until he was out of perks.

- Circling a King Tiger in my M-8, remaining just ahead of his turret, peppering him with shells until he was tracked, and hoping for that elusive achievement.  Alas, even though I scored probably a dozen hits from all sides, somebody else with another tank fired in, taking the kill.  Still it was a heart-pounding minute, laughing hysterically the whole time.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:15:15 PM by DurrD »
FBDurr -- A Freebird since 2013, been playing Aces High since 2001.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 07:33:45 PM »
The gunman42 incident.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 09:15:30 AM »
In AH2, when dar was just dots, I'm on the ground in a chute trying to direct a team mate to a bad guy on the ground.  He's due west of me -- no, he's over there -- no he's changed direction -- no, he's going back where he was -- etc., etc., etc.   It's wasn't until the team mate gave up and flew away that I realized I was seeing the .45 aiming dot on the map and not a bad guy.  Every time I looked in a different direction the bad guy "moved".   There was never a bad guy at all.    :O
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 03:13:42 PM »
i remember once years ago, we had over 30 planes capping a base. no uppers.  then we saw 262 rolling,  we all dove in, between friendly kills and people who lawndarted, the guy got like 15 kills.  262 was shreded apart but still was able to end his sorty. funniest thing ever.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »
Managing to down a 109 with P38AAA, it was "BANANAS!"  :lol
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 12:24:03 AM »
Fighting 2 109k4s  on the deck. We were all in the trees and they were all over me till I let loose of that limb and it smacked both of them off me..... then I woke up... ok ok.......

Once I was caught by two P-51s on the deck in a goon. Instead of giving up, I just started evading. I got them both in a turn fight where they split up but were not working well with each other. They instead both wanted the prize and both ended up augering.

Another time, many years a go, I dropped a single bomb from my 38.... right on the deck of an active CV. Just at that time a rather large group of mostly corsairs spawned to take off. I got something like 12 or 14 kills in an instant.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:26:08 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 02:57:37 PM »
Best vultch I ever saw.  One of the 47 Ronin squadies got 21 kills with one pass of the runway in a Seafire.  Seems a mission was spawning at the time.    :O
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 08:11:40 PM »
Back when I first started playing.
Was vulching a field in a 110G2, was well into double figures all vulches, I was bragging on squad channel AAANNNNNDDDDDD all the ack popped. POOF back to the tower.

The other one was I was porking fields from alt in a B17. I was lining up on the radar when a mission spawned on the runway. I dropped my bombs down the length of the runway. There was much rejoicing...lol
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 08:25:12 PM »
For me it was the dueling C-47s with door gunners! Oh wait that was AW, nevermind.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 09:53:32 PM »
For me it was the dueling C-47s with door gunners! Oh wait that was AW, nevermind.

Oooo puff the magic dragon
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 11:31:20 PM »
About a year ago I was driving a M4 to a town.  Had a friendly deacking when a 262 dove in on him.  The fight was about 4K away from me.  I was lobbing random shots seeing if I could hit the 262.  Suddenly, POOF!  I hit it!

Several years ago I was spotting for WWhiskey (RIP).  He was in his panther and I was in the storch.  Had a 262 coming at me from behind so I pointed myself right at WWhiskey's barrel.  Rolled out and he maingunned the 262 right in the face.  We laughed for hours over that one.
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)