Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 125273 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1530 on: March 24, 2020, 11:48:55 AM »
Cool... money for obamaphones and  an orchestra is really going to help with this virus.

Only cost us about $10,000 each. That is those of us paying taxes.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1531 on: March 24, 2020, 11:55:41 AM »
 :headscratch:

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1532 on: March 24, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »
Thanks morfiend.........I think I have something exactly like what you describe.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1533 on: March 24, 2020, 02:56:00 PM »

Back to normal by Easter?  Lift all quarantines? I dunno.  Hard choices, I get it.  I just don't see any rational way that's going to be possible.  By Mid Apr they could be treating patients in parking garages and seeing 400 deaths per day.  Every day.  Compounding daily.  And your going to try and tell people to head back the malls and restaurants?

And would it make any difference?
I wouldn't even consider walking into a restaurant.
I wouldn't even consider getting take out or going through a drive through.
I wouldn't even consider going into a theater or sporting event.
I wouldn't even consider getting on a train or an airplane or a bus, or even an Uber.
I wouldn't even consider going to a political rally.
I wouldn't even consider staying at a hotel.
I wouldn't even consider getting on a cruise ship.
I wouldn't even consider letting kids of mine, or a wife who was a teacher return to school.

You can't even provide people with masks and gloves.
Anyone who thinks we will shrug all this off by Easter is living in a dangerously delusional dream world.
And it's frightening to think anyone in authority is that detached from reality.

:O

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 03:00:38 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1534 on: March 24, 2020, 03:19:32 PM »
I would stay home and play AH and pray for Dale, his family and any remaining AH associates and their family as well as all te players and their families. I have priorities and am a selfish bastage, yaknow. Ok, well, maybe not ... but I would do this as well as all of the selfless giving things I do on a daily basis.  :D

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1535 on: March 24, 2020, 03:32:15 PM »
well on the bright side looks like panic buying is slowing down.  stores still have no returns policy.  but i saw shelves back up full.  few people inside.  lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. only thing missing is toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1536 on: March 24, 2020, 04:08:27 PM »
Might wanna think about spraying your mail with bleach water too..
And any deliveries like UPS FEDEX etc etc..

My Sister just called, my Nephew works for UPS, he says they are all getting sick!  :uhoh
Pretty much Guarantees that the packages are contaminated..

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 04:10:22 PM by OldNitro »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1537 on: March 24, 2020, 04:27:26 PM »
Our shop will keep working..... critical infrastructure. My wife works for Budweiser distributor. They will keep working, considered critical infrastructure.

Harris County Texas is locking down. Now 27 people have the virus out of almost 5,000,000 here in the county.  Some folks find that scary.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1538 on: March 24, 2020, 04:37:31 PM »
Now 27 people have the virus out of almost 5,000,000 here in the county.

27 tested and confirmed. That doesn't mean only 27 people in Harris county have it.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #1539 on: March 24, 2020, 04:39:23 PM »
My girl, as I write this, is on the front lines testing people for coronavirus.

Bloody Hell icepak!!

This reads like the first draft of the opening scene of a Quentin Tarantino movie. 

Be prepared for some changes though.  Maybe (as suggestions):

1)   You are going to have to get her the handgun, it can be big gun, but it has got to have some cats printed on the hand stock.

2)   She is going to need to have some private medical clients on the side that she quietly tests for extra cash.  These clients should probably be purportedly reformed anti-Castro activists living in Miami.  You never find out their names, but you catch glimpses of them from time to time as they drive over in their restored 1960s Cadillac Coupe Deville to have their swabs taken and to hand over cash.

3)   There has got to be an ex-boyfriend – perhaps a wrongly dishonorably discharged mid-shipmen who keeps showing up.  BTW, you are going to have to shoot this guy at some point – not fatally, but at some point you shoot him.

4)   You survive thru all of this, however, a retired mountain Baptist preacher moves in next door and spends all of his time reading the last 12 verses of the Gospel according to Mark to you while trying to get you to quit drinking.  In a series of alarming moments, you seriously consider the advice.  We never find out what you end up doing – it has all the clarity of a bit of a hanging chad.

I am sure that professional screen writers will have better suggestions/edits.  Just keep an open mind and work them.

BTW,
... but I haven't yet convinced my girl that I need shots of whiskey as a preventative measure.

You need to tell her that it is medicinal and that there is a lot of peer reviewed documentation (luckily in easy to digest video form) on the internet.

Now not many people know this, (for example only about 200 people on the entire internet are aware of this testimonial) but just consider the science!

But seriously, a drink in these circumstances (assuming there are no real issues with your meds) might not be a bad idea. 

Best Wishes

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1540 on: March 24, 2020, 05:52:36 PM »
27 tested and confirmed. That doesn't mean only 27 people in Harris county have it.

Houston Chronicle now shows Harris County at 78 cases with 1 death. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/coronavirus/article/texas-coronavirus-map-cases-houston-covid-19-15137466.php

Even with the restrictions in place, cases in the US have more than doubled in last 3 days.  I was hoping we’d see the curve flatten at least a little but no evidence of that yet. 

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1541 on: March 24, 2020, 06:08:15 PM »
Houston Chronicle now shows Harris County at 78 cases with 1 death. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/coronavirus/article/texas-coronavirus-map-cases-houston-covid-19-15137466.php

Even with the restrictions in place, cases in the US have more than doubled in last 3 days.  I was hoping we’d see the curve flatten at least a little but no evidence of that yet.

We're safe.  it's all a hoax.  Shuffler doesn't yet know anyone personally who has it, so it can't be real.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1542 on: March 24, 2020, 06:39:11 PM »

We're safe.  it's all a hoax.  Shuffler doesn't yet know anyone personally who has it, so it can't be real.

Shuffler believes he's safe from the Coronavirus in his P-38.  He doesn't know that is a false assumption.  For true protection, you need to be in one of these.

You don't need to practice social distancing.  :D
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1543 on: March 24, 2020, 07:01:13 PM »

Yes 27 actual known real people. Out of almost 5 million actual real people.

200,000 may have heart problems...... but that is not important. Let's concentrate on those 27.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1544 on: March 24, 2020, 07:20:45 PM »
Yes 27 actual known real people. Out of almost 5 million actual real people.

200,000 may have heart problems...... but that is not important. Let's concentrate on those 27.

heart problems aren't contagious.  27 people can make well over 200k in a couple of months.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.