Author Topic: Boeing 737 Max  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Boeing 737 Max
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2020, 09:39:15 AM »
Typical.

There's always somebody that thinks just one more gauge can take the place of a competent, well-trained pilot.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2020, 09:43:24 AM »
The core truth.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2020, 11:49:02 AM »
Typical.

There's always somebody that thinks just one more gauge can take the place of a competent, well-trained pilot.

well that one more gauge was just made standard.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2020, 11:57:43 AM »

semp

To accommodate the lowest common denominator.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2020, 12:17:33 PM »

Until the next one goes for the record.....
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2020, 03:06:20 PM »

isn't that true for everything new in a plane?

semp

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2020, 03:24:15 PM »

semp

Not necessarily.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2020, 03:38:15 PM »

semp

Most are tools for a good pilot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2020, 06:49:48 PM »
semp

Yes, it was. And more than likely yet another poorly trained crew will eventually crash a 737MAX. Add all the gauges you can possibly imagine; that still won't provide protection for a poorly trained, incompetent crew.

BTW... on that comment you made about not being there. Have you EVER been there? Do you hold a PIC Type Rating in ANY aircraft?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2020, 07:09:21 PM »
Yes, it was. And more than likely yet another poorly trained crew will eventually crash a 737MAX. Add all the gauges you can possibly imagine; that still won't provide protection for a poorly trained, incompetent crew.

BTW... on that comment you made about not being there. Have you EVER been there? Do you hold a PIC Type Rating in ANY aircraft?

nope,  but i did stay at a holiday Inn once.  however i have driven for 38 years and have never cause an accident and only 1 ticket for crossing the double yellow lines.

that makes me an expert lol. i remember reading about a cop driving a car with the accelerator stuck.  i bet that cop had more training than i did in driving a car and yet he crashed the car and killed himself and 3 other people.  easy for me to say i would have put the car in neutral.  which is what i had done before. but i don't know what was going thru his mind and why not do the safest thing.

that's what you guys with superb training do.  you can sit and blame the pilots totally when there's 2 other that i believe equally guilty.

that's what i think anyway.

semp

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2020, 07:26:10 PM »
Pretty much what I figured.

You and those Lion Air/Ethiopian guys at the Holiday Inn.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2020, 07:48:17 PM »
Pretty much what I figured.

You and those Lion Air/Ethiopian guys at the Holiday Inn.

get off your high horse.  from my point of view a 1200 gadget could have prevented, in addition to pilots being told no simulating training needed and to qualify and ipad was sufficient.

pilots were so under trained that they had thousands of hours with no accidents. but of course they were lucky.

semp

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2020, 08:38:05 PM »
Competent, well trained pilots, that’s what could have saved both airplanes.

Undoubtedly true.  But Langewiesche's son wrote an article, maybe a year ago, that vividly pointed out that most of the rest of the world does not now, and perhaps never will, have competent, well-trained pilots.  According to him, Airbus figured this out first, and started designing planes that could be flown by...well...by people like me, while Boeing built good planes for good pilots. 

Could be that useless pilots are going to be a fact of life for much of the world, and airliners have to be designed to deal with that.

- oldman

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2020, 10:04:10 PM »

Undoubtedly true.  But Langewiesche's son wrote an article, maybe a year ago, that vividly pointed out that most of the rest of the world does not now, and perhaps never will, have competent, well-trained pilots.  According to him, Airbus figured this out first, and started designing planes that could be flown by...well...by people like me, while Boeing built good planes for good pilots. 

Could be that useless pilots are going to be a fact of life for much of the world, and airliners have to be designed to deal with that.

- oldman

And that’s just plain scary.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2020, 02:48:49 AM »
Yup
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 02:52:01 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"