Author Topic: Why were all of the maps with GV spawn battles removed from AH3?  (Read 3806 times)

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
Re: Why were all of the maps with GV spawn battles removed from AH3?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 11:02:50 AM »
Good reason to get rid of CraterMA. Not suitable for current #s. Too big, bases are too far, and TT is pointless.

Once again, no more pointless than a three hour furball with no attempt at taking the base.  Or when your side only needs one base for the win but there's not enough air support to take that last base because a furball has broken out on the other side of the map.     
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 12:27:22 PM »
Once again, no more pointless than a three hour furball with no attempt at taking the base.  Or when your side only needs one base for the win but there's not enough air support to take that last base because a furball has broken out on the other side of the map.   

Still more fun than an useless TT,  and still brings in more #s than not having furballs for a base where one side is defending and one side is attacking.

I just dont get you guys.

I logged on 3-4 times this weekend. First it was Mindao on Saturday. Completely boring action, no fights for knights and hardly anything going on with 40-80 players. I logged off in boredom twice watching the map for hours and absolutely nothing but small dars and far bellybutton flights for 2 cons to maybe shoot at at 20K.

The Sunday, I log on, it's freaking BowlMA. Around the lunch time eastern, absolutely no action. Tiny lil dars. I think rooks were attacking a base, but we had no air support and it would have taken 10 minutes from a back field to get the alt necessary to slow down the horde, but with no friendlies would make it tough. Logged off in boredom.

So i log back in around 9PM. Still bowlMA. 131 players. Knights and bish are both ganging rooks. Rooks had 1 island left. Not a single fight up north between rooks and knights. Knights flying 1.5 sectors to take back the last field they needed on that island. No rooks fighting back because of bish fighting them aswell.

Didn't even roll one time this weekend because of stupid bellybutton maps and stupid bellybutton boring slow gameplay.

If you think furballs for base defense and attacking is a bad. Than I guess you guys can continue to "have fun" but the overall #s and kills counts prove that less people are actually "having fun".

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 12:58:56 PM »

I never felt limited on CraterMA.   

You can fly a ME163, bag a GV egger and storch, and skid into the hanger of a friendly base.

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 02:28:00 PM »
Still more fun than an useless TT,  and still brings in more #s than not having furballs for a base where one side is defending and one side is attacking.
I just dont get you guys. I logged on 3-4 times this weekend. First it was Mindao on Saturday. Completely boring action, no fights for knights and hardly anything going on with 40-80 players. I logged off in boredom twice watching the map for hours and absolutely nothing but small dars and far bellybutton flights for 2 cons to maybe shoot at at 20K. The Sunday, I log on, it's freaking BowlMA. Around the lunch time eastern, absolutely no action. Tiny lil dars. I think rooks were attacking a base, but we had no air support and it would have taken 10 minutes from a back field to get the alt necessary to slow down the horde, but with no friendlies would make it tough. Logged off in boredom. So i log back in around 9PM. Still bowlMA. 131 players. Knights and bish are both ganging rooks. Rooks had 1 island left. Not a single fight up north between rooks and knights. Knights flying 1.5 sectors to take back the last field they needed on that island. No rooks fighting back because of bish fighting them aswell.
Didn't even roll one time this weekend because of stupid bellybutton maps and stupid bellybutton boring slow gameplay. If you think furballs for base defense and attacking is a bad. Than I guess you guys can continue to "have fun" but the overall #s and kills counts prove that less people are actually "having fun".

Chronic complainers sound like a nestling Pterodactyl. . . . .squawkkkkkkkkkk, squawkkKKKKK, SQUAWKKKKKkkkkkkk. A person can find fun if they want too. Some people just don't want too. I love the fact that you pay $14.** and complain and complain and complain. Obviously a successful formula for proper motivation and positive outcomes. Oops there I go . . .SQUAWKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. . . . .lol

In Summary. . . . . .
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  "If only they would do what I tell them to do - boo hoo - pout pout". . . . .Uh Huh, Oh Yes, Ok, O I know it - I think we understa. . .YAWNNNNnnnn. . .ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 02:34:12 PM »
Chronic complainers sound like a nestling Pterodactyl. . . . .squawkkkkkkkkkk, squawkkKKKKK, SQUAWKKKKKkkkkkkk. A person can find fun if they want too. Some people just don't want too. I love the fact that you pay $14.** and complain and complain and complain. Obviously a successful formula for proper motivation and positive outcomes. Oops there I go . . .SQUAWKKKKKkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. . . . .lol

In Summary. . . . . .
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  "If only they would do what I tell them to do - boo hoo - pout pout". . . . .Uh Huh, Oh Yes, Ok, O I know it - I think we understa. . .YAWNNNNnnnn. . .ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.

^^This, right here, EXACTLY!^^ :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2021, 03:53:43 PM »
Yeah 80 people all day Saturday on a 15 year old map with no action. SO MUCH FREAKING FUN GUYS. HITECH IS THE GREATEST AND NOTHING HE DOES SHOULD BE CHALLENGED AND ARGUED AGAINST EVERYTHING IS PERFECT AND NOTHING IS WRONG.

Congratulations! You people are freaking morons. "Hitech following all of the anti fight crowd sure has worked out wonders for the game!" Said no one or any statistical evidence ever.

Total idiots.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2021, 03:57:10 PM »
Perhaps you should design your version and put it out there.  Let’s see if you can do better.

Name calling = Nothing credible to say and emotionally out of control.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2021, 03:58:21 PM »
Perhaps you should design your version and put it out there.  Let’s see if you can do better.

Name calling = Nothing credible to say and emotionally out of control.

So mocking me crying isn't name calling?

Mocking is credible? As you agreed with him?

45 players at 2pm on a Saturday is just fine?

Insanity
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2021, 04:00:04 PM »
Don’t make up things I didn’t say to suit your agenda. 

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2021, 04:09:56 PM »
Make what up?

You are the ones saying everything is fine while we see some of the lowest #s in history.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2021, 06:57:32 PM »
So mocking me crying isn't name calling?
Mocking is credible? As you agreed with him?
45 players at 2pm on a Saturday is just fine?
Insanity

My utmost apologies, you misunderstood, I wasn't mocking you about crying, sorry if you thought that.

I was simply pointing out that from my perspective, there is a survival instinct that I think most here would agree is usually acquired from being married and having kids, but also acquired through other life experiences.

This survival instinct kicks in when confronted by certain things such as a D head boss that never has anything nice to say and is never happy with your efforts, or a better example is the spouse that doesn't like "us" playing AH and continuously expresses that sentiment in a manner that only a spouse can, or in this instance - a Chronic Complainer that B*itchs and B*itch and B*itchs and nags and nags over and over and over and over again about the same things - like you.

At some point the Adult survival instinct kicks in - which takes the source from the chronic B*tching and nagging and effectively converts their complaints into one long screeching sound that I defined as a "Nestling Pterodactyl" which in essence is a baby, which parental experience eventually teaches us to Tune out and ignore. Some people are just better at it than me. My bad.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2021, 07:59:21 PM »
Jimmy,
 Send them to us. Maybe we can use them for tank night or some other things we are thinking of coming up with!

Shppr, both of my maps have been uploaded to the server. Do you need to source files also?? IF so where do I send them to?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 08:30:07 PM »

Chronic Complainer that B*itchs and B*itch and B*itchs and nags and nags over and over and over and over again about the same things - like you.

Yup, another slight of hand insult. Never directly acknowledging my argument. Always so typical with you bots.

I see your only argument is that you just enjoy playing with yourself to ensure your survival.   :lol

2 other reasons the game is losing action and fights.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2021, 08:55:59 PM »
^^This, right here, EXACTLY!^^ :aok

Im only playing "devils advocate" here, but you and Tyfoo spend the majority of your playing time in vehicles correct? Why dont you spend more time flying? Could it be because to you, its boring? Their arent that many fights? If that was the case, you would actually be in agreement with V.

The game means something different to most players. You guys like to GV, V likes to do A2A, many like to win the war. There is no wrong way to play the game. The point V is trying to make is the A2A fighting is drying up. Sure there are plenty of GV fights still available (?). Just because you dont play the game the way V does doesnt mean he doesnt have a legitimate complaint. 

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2021, 11:02:34 PM »
Shppr, both of my maps have been uploaded to the server. Do you need to source files also?? IF so where do I send them to?

If they are on the server, then no. I can get them!! Thanks for all you do!!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.