Author Topic: The so called "Dueling Arena" is a JOKE!  (Read 6157 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Re: The so called "Dueling Arena" is a JOKE!
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2021, 06:11:33 PM »
:aok
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 06:20:40 PM by hazmatt »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2021, 02:48:09 AM »
All this talk of furball lake but when dude hosts the furball lake map no one goes in there.

And when HTC hosted the map they did.

I think experience means a whole lot when you know what you are talking about.

Contingent on being able to separate your own preferences and biases. For example: you repeatedly state you think fighting over water is a contributory problem, while others state they have no issue with it. Your constant implication however is that your experience is the only thing which counts. That's called arguing from authority and is generally accepted, in other rational domains, to not have much weight.

What about canned messages that would pop up like admin messages about KOTH,  tank night or MNM do that would advertise the different arenas available to the players while they are in MA..have them pop up every so many random minutes apart written in an appealing and interesting way to make you curious

Even a blip about h2h might inspire a few to try it out especially if the action in MA was on the slow side

Tired to suggest these things in the past. Anything which would communicate activity in other arenas without having to log out. Also a ticker-tape live feed on the website might be feasible. That's available in parallel if you have a smart phone. After quite a long period of stagnation however, you'd anticipate the need to overcome a lot of stiction.

Good luck.

Frankly think we have more chance of winning the lottery, buying HiTech out for a reasonable amount, hiring a small team of developers and taking over the world at this point that getting those three airbases unlocked  :rofl

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:02:12 AM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2021, 11:43:39 AM »
And when HTC hosted the map they did.

Contingent on being able to separate your own preferences and biases. For example: you repeatedly state you think fighting over water is a contributory problem, while others state they have no issue with it. Your constant implication however is that your experience is the only thing which counts. That's called arguing from authority and is generally accepted, in other rational domains, to not have much weight.

Tired to suggest these things in the past. Anything which would communicate activity in other arenas without having to log out. Also a ticker-tape live feed on the website might be feasible. That's available in parallel if you have a smart phone. After quite a long period of stagnation however, you'd anticipate the need to overcome a lot of stiction.

Frankly think we have more chance of winning the lottery, buying HiTech out for a reasonable amount, hiring a small team of developers and taking over the world at this point that getting those three airbases unlocked  :rofl

Actually, arguing from experience is a rational and logical approach. Especially when using stats to come to those conclusions. Its not authoritative it's just rational. The water thing is mostly my opinion, that being said, having only flying over water isn't the best solution and that was proven when the water depth perception caused a lot of players to stop using the match play just before hitech changed it to its current look. He could have done a lot more simple approach instead of making it so complex. Just because you disagree with my point doesn't mean I am not right. I would actually like to see land and water being implemented in that arena but think AI and dueling should be it's own arena all together.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »
Actually, arguing from experience is a rational and logical approach. Especially when using stats to come to those conclusions. Its not authoritative it's just rational. The water thing is mostly my opinion, that being said, having only flying over water isn't the best solution and that was proven when the water depth perception caused a lot of players to stop using the match play just before hitech changed it to its current look. He could have done a lot more simple approach instead of making it so complex. Just because you disagree with my point doesn't mean I am not right. I would actually like to see land and water being implemented in that arena but think AI and dueling should be it's own arena all together.
your lived experience seems to differ dramatically from others...we aren't all methheads man.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2021, 06:03:32 PM »
your lived experience seems to differ dramatically from others...we aren't all methheads man.

I dont live your fake propagandized manufactured "reality". Sorry bub.  :noid

Maybe you should drive to your utopia Seattle and see how many methheads there actually are in your sanctuary, before you talk trash, bub.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 06:20:30 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2021, 11:52:22 PM »
I dont live your fake propagandized manufactured "reality". Sorry bub.  :noid

Maybe you should drive to your utopia Seattle and see how many methheads there actually are in your sanctuary, before you talk trash, bub.
I have nothing to do with Seattle, avoid it like the plague...you would fit in well with those chitferbrains people though.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2021, 08:36:53 AM »
I have nothing to do with Seattle, avoid it like the plague...you would fit in well with those chitferbrains people though.

The jokes on you bub, I left Portland for Florida 3 days ago. You avoid that place like the plague, but then attack me for my understanding of the world? You sound very confused.  Why do you always have something stupid to say?  I'd advise you to stick to the subject.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 08:38:38 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2021, 02:24:03 PM »
The jokes on you bub, I left Portland for Florida 3 days ago. You avoid that place like the plague, but then attack me for my understanding of the world? You sound very confused.  Why do you always have something stupid to say?  I'd advise you to stick to the subject.
Crackpot

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2021, 03:47:05 PM »
Crackpot

Bah... not even worth it for a guy with a brain the size of a.... well a Peanut.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 05:46:48 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2021, 04:30:50 AM »
Actually, arguing from experience is a rational and logical approach.

Educated opinions of course have a contribution but that's a different matter.

Just because you disagree with my point doesn't mean I am not right.

Of course. That would be an absurdity.

I think the thread has reached its natural conclusion.

:salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2021, 06:56:00 PM »
Educated opinions of course have a contribution but that's a different matter.

Of course. That would be an absurdity.

I think the thread has reached its natural conclusion.

I would presume my opinion was educated given I was there when the water depth perception became unable to read and resulted in a major loss of players to the furball lake. I was just hoping you would see my point. I'm not saying that there should be no water. Just that there should be land spots aswell to fight over in the same area. Even though my personal opinion is land only. I'm just trying to compromise here.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2021, 09:14:34 PM »

I would presume my opinion was educated given I was there when the water depth perception became unable to read and resulted in a major loss of players to the furball lake. I was just hoping you would see my point. I'm not saying that there should be no water. Just that there should be land spots aswell to fight over in the same area. Even though my personal opinion is land only. I'm just trying to compromise here.

And again you build a story around an issue you may have had. I doubt very much that the depth perseption over water had very much to do with the depopulation of furball lake.

Im thinking it was more likely all the wusses that would fly 262's (untill they turn them off) and tiffy, temps and even ponies do do nothing but pick those that were there to furball. Once the pick fest started even the hard core furballers left.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2021, 10:45:48 PM »
And again you build a story around an issue you may have had. I doubt very much that the depth perseption over water had very much to do with the depopulation of furball lake.

Im thinking it was more likely all the wusses that would fly 262's (untill they turn them off) and tiffy, temps and even ponies do do nothing but pick those that were there to furball. Once the pick fest started even the hard core furballers left.

Noooooooo Fugitive, it was cleary the water. The arena was actually populated somewhat of the time before the water fiasco. It was after the switch to AH3, the water made the arena unplayable. I saw the #s drop like flies. You'd hit the water before you even realized it. I may even have a Thread or post about back when it happened.

The pick tarders have always been there. Even in H2H. It's just what you'd expect when people have that opportunity with BnZ planes. I'm pretty sure all of the perk planes have always been disabled in match play. Could be wrong. Anyway, that's why I've provided a list of items on many threads about this subject that would make it much harder for those types of players to be successful, even though they will always be there. Lower 3k Airspawns and 1 team only are a big key to that.

I don't understand why you guys keep knocking me about this when it's practically the #1 thing I live for in AH. Fighter combat and ACM. Do you really think I haven't thought about this deeply with the knowledge of my gameplay? Do you really think I want an arena that doesn't work? That's not why Im here. I'm here because the current one doesn't work and we need a change. That's a fact. I am actually providing solutions to this issue and just keep being attacked for it while the current arena continues to have 0 players.  :noid  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:47:32 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2021, 11:20:45 PM »
Noooooooo Fugitive, it was cleary the water. The arena was actually populated somewhat of the time before the water fiasco. It was after the switch to AH3, the water made the arena unplayable. I saw the #s drop like flies. You'd hit the water before you even realized it. I may even have a Thread or post about back when it happened.

The pick tarders have always been there. Even in H2H. It's just what you'd expect when people have that opportunity with BnZ planes. I'm pretty sure all of the perk planes have always been disabled in match play. Could be wrong. Anyway, that's why I've provided a list of items on many threads about this subject that would make it much harder for those types of players to be successful, even though they will always be there. Lower 3k Airspawns and 1 team only are a big key to that.

I don't understand why you guys keep knocking me about this when it's practically the #1 thing I live for in AH. Fighter combat and ACM. Do you really think I haven't thought about this deeply with the knowledge of my gameplay? Do you really think I want an arena that doesn't work? That's not why Im here. I'm here because the current one doesn't work and we need a change. That's a fact. I am actually providing solutions to this issue and just keep being attacked for it while the current arena continues to have 0 players.  :noid  :rolleyes:

flew there way too many times, most fights were not in the water or close to it.

semp

edit: was the water a problem at one time, yes it was.  even in the ma, but hitech fixed it.  not like the water problem continued to this day.  if it had been the water, they would have come back.  there's lots of reason, mostly the pikers same as for ww1 a guy flying forever 2 or 3k above you, that's what killed ww1.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 11:25:59 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2021, 12:49:53 AM »
I don't understand why you guys keep knocking me about this when it's practically the #1 thing I live for in AH. Fighter combat and ACM. Do you really think I haven't thought about this deeply with the knowledge of my gameplay?

We aren't knocking you for that Brah, we feel the same way. It's just your reasoning methods are sometimes unsound. No good thinking deeply but incorrectly.

Aside from the request to get some concession for the ACM-crowd. Let me repectully try to illustrate:-

Noooooooo Fugitive, it was cleary the water. The arena was actually populated somewhat of the time before the water fiasco.

Something happeneing at the same time doesn't evidence or prove that was the cause because there may be other factors in play. In this specific case there were known other factors in play which, some of which I heard first-hand from the sources because I spoke to many of the players who - like me - basically lived there. That's not proof either, it is evidence. If you don't have that information but someone else does then their evidence must be considered (NOT listened to blindly).

It was after the switch to AH3, the water made the arena unplayable. I saw the #s drop like flies.

You are recalling incorrectly. The old DA did not make it through to AH3. Just as the Main Arena became the Mellee Arena, then the DA became the MPA. Therefore your inference is based on a flawed premise. Logically the decline could not have been caused by the water because it was already gone before the change to the water. I could be wrong about the order of events myself. I'd then have to withdraw my understanding (and opinion) and revise it. The easiest person to fool is yourself. Feynman said that.

Do you really think I want an arena that doesn't work? That's not why Im here. I'm here because the current one doesn't work and we need a change. That's a fact.

And we agree it doesn't work, but it's not a fact, it's an opinion. We are campaigning to try and have it changed, but it's hard to convince people who don't care, or whom it won't affect.

The most common flaw in thinking is to form a hypothesis and then look for evidence to support it, dismissing data which challenges it. Ought to be the other way around.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-