Author Topic: Unsportsmanlike game play  (Read 14444 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unsportsmanlike game play
« Reply #195 on: November 22, 2021, 01:33:22 PM »
Yes, I have seen the behavior of many in the arena change for the better.

Oh.  Well then you are more powerful than I thought.  Congratulations.

I suppose there will be no further forums rants about pickers and hoes and runners in the years to come. 

It's the beginning of a new era.  Thank you for your service Vinkman.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2021, 01:34:20 PM »
Trips or Vink... hmm... This is like watching 2 hobo's fight over liquor bottle filled with urine.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: November 22, 2021, 01:41:42 PM »
....They are trying to kill you in a way you don't want.

Wiley.

They aren't trying to kill me at all.  READ the thread.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #198 on: November 22, 2021, 01:47:10 PM »

I suppose there will be no further forums rants about pickers and hoes ... in the years to come. 

Those were not what I was addressing. READ the thread. 

Every so often it's ok to re-address something.  Very few people will go back through hundreds of thousands of the posts dating back to 2009 to review all of the old wisdom.  Heck you can't even go to the beginning of this thread to stay on point.  You've also repeated yourself in 75% of your own posts in this thread, yet you think it's un-necessary to adress something because "it's been covered before".   Now that is obtuse.  :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2021, 01:55:10 PM »
Didn't say you were wrong at all ...

Well.  You are apparently smarter than I thought.  ;)

I'd just like smaller maps to match the smaller subscriber base...

And to see all the former players give it a go again to increase the number of red planes every evening...purely selfish reasons :)

I have agreed with the prudence of trying smaller maps with the absolute minimal distance between bases for AHIII. 

I have even offered to help make some of those if HT wanted to try and stand up a AHII server.

I would love to see 500 players a night back in AH.  I have made concrete suggestion along the way that I think are things worth trying.

I won't however fault other player's play styles as long as they are abiding by the player agreement and not hacking.  I assign no personal moral or ethical weight to any of their in-game tactical choices.  I do not demand that other players play by my personal choices, no do I accept their hubris in telling me how I should fly. 

If you think brow-beating players into adopting your personal standards is going to add 400 more players...then good luck with that. 

If I agreed to stay silent so I won't be attacked for pointing out the obvious, it still wouldn't work. 

No one is going to abide by any "unwritten rules" that weren't already what they wanted to do, and isn't going to accept any private player's attempt to define those if they don't already argree.  They will only follow what they want to do and what HTC enforces through player agreement or code.

Sorry if that makes some people pout to hear that outload.  But it is what it is.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2021, 02:01:30 PM »
You've also repeated yourself in 75% of your own posts in this thread, yet you think it's un-necessary to adress something because "it's been covered before".   Now that is obtuse.  :salute

Vinkman, 

You are the one who resurrected a thread that had died off over a week ago. 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #201 on: November 22, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »
You haven't.

They roll their eyes at you, laugh, and continue to do what ever their whim dictates. 

Or haven't you gotten that memo since 2013?

Why did you edit my post in the reply?

As for the above comment, prove I haven't. Sure I dont get everyone to listen, but Im sure some have over the years. I've talked to them.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #202 on: November 22, 2021, 03:06:51 PM »
Vinkman, 

You are the one who resurrected a thread that had died off over a week ago.

I had been away from the board for a month. I was catching up on my thread, which you did your best to hijack.  14 pages and 7 of them are you saying the same thing over and over, like you're stuffing the ballot box during an election.  The other 7 are people who agree with the op or made their point once so their opinions could be heard. Your Board etiquette isn't any better than your game etiquette.  Chill out bro, we want your opinion but it's not all about you.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: November 22, 2021, 03:10:22 PM »

I removed some other text about a different topic for brevity and left a clear indicator showing some of the original quote had been truncated.  It is also a direct link to the post so anyone interested can refer to the original.

Have you ever written a research paper?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: November 22, 2021, 03:13:48 PM »
I had been away from the board for a month. I was catching up on my thread, which you did your best to hijack.  14 pages and 7 of them are you saying the same thing over and over, like you're stuffing the ballot box during an election.  The other 7 are people who agree with the op or made their point once so their opinions could be heard. Your Board etiquette isn't any better than your game etiquette.  Chill out bro, we want your opinion but it's not all about you.  :salute

Because when you necro-bumped a dead thread, you did so by quoting me and making statements directed towards me, Genius.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #205 on: November 22, 2021, 04:05:48 PM »
I removed some other text about a different topic for brevity and left a clear indicator showing some of the original quote had been truncated.  It is also a direct link to the post so anyone interested can refer to the original.

Have you ever written a research paper?

Not for a long time, but we use to keep the whole quote together for context.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: November 22, 2021, 04:13:14 PM »
Not for a long time, but we use to keep the whole quote together for context.

I didn't have my copy of Strunk & White handy, but I clearly made an attempt to indicate what I altered for fairness and the link is provided to the original for context.

If the punctuation wasn't correct, I think any fairly educated person would have understood my intent.

https://www.antioch.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Tips-for-Modifying-Quotes.pdf

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: November 22, 2021, 04:30:27 PM »
Because when you necro-bumped a dead thread, you did so by quoting me and making statements directed towards me, Genius.

“Because?” No one asked you why.  We all know why.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #208 on: November 22, 2021, 04:36:33 PM »
“Because?” No one asked you why.  We all know why.  :salute

Did you not restart the thread by quoting me and making additional statements towards me? 

I'm referring to post #162 in this thread.  In case you are considering selective amnesia...  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 05:58:41 PM by CptTrips »

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #209 on: November 22, 2021, 06:23:38 PM »

As for the above comment, prove I haven't. Sure I dont get everyone to listen, but Im sure some have over the years. I've talked to them.

the right people listen... others....well....there are still like minded people here... just far and few between is all