Author Topic: Unsportsmanlike game play  (Read 14354 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Unsportsmanlike game play
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2021, 07:29:31 AM »
Been playing the game for 20 years and have not experienced any such hacking

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2021, 09:29:39 AM »
Turning and fighting back in a B25 isn't Glitching or hacking. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2021, 08:34:42 PM »
       Hi Holks, Hartman refused to dogfight,  Most Japanese prefered to boom and zoom instead of dog fighting.   You can learn that from Pre Pearl Harbor   Chinese Air Force combat reports. Spanish Civil war Air combat reports show the same. When I subscribe to AH.  I choose to counter Strats with Mk 14, 47, Hawgs. That requires alt.   Like any  Alpha hunter,  a good sim player takes the time to employ proper tactics.  I use the Head on approach usually as well.      Lastly,  My first year or so training in Okinawa Te, I got a lot of cracked ribs.   That wasn't My opponents fault. Then it quit happening.  I improvised adapted, then overcame.  Be Well. and Hopefully well informed too.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2021, 08:51:20 PM »
       Hi Holks, Hartman refused to dogfight,  Most Japanese prefered to boom and zoom instead of dog fighting.   You can learn that from Pre Pearl Harbor   Chinese Air Force combat reports. Spanish Civil war Air combat reports show the same. When I subscribe to AH.  I choose to counter Strats with Mk 14, 47, Hawgs. That requires alt.   Like any  Alpha hunter,  a good sim player takes the time to employ proper tactics.  I use the Head on approach usually as well.      Lastly,  My first year or so training in Okinawa Te, I got a lot of cracked ribs.   That wasn't My opponents fault. Then it quit happening.  I improvised adapted, then overcame.  Be Well. and Hopefully well informed too.

Yes war and live combat are like that, this however is a game. I think most players expect a certain amount of fun and if they dont get that they will move on to some thing they do find fun. Then all of the real war "want to be's" can circle around at 30k until they run out of fuel or HTC turns off the server due to lack of funds.

Enjoy!  :aok

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2021, 04:36:54 AM »
An arena with no score.  :D
When ya coming back?  I havent been active in MNM, but still miss ya in the MA :aok   My lemon Trees had a BUMBER CROP this year!!!! BUMBER, not BUMPER..In WV..that dont go, round here"!  SHUFFLER: Lost to "Red Dead", with A Side of FU Hurricanes, DR7: TOO SOON!... and lots of Folk, gone now, that I never got to play with.   I got you a Vita Mix...it could "Mix" a Margarita, NO?  :O   I sort of agree with,OP! Once I get "Hints" as to who those Ponies are....I break off! NO! I wont follow him to his Mate, that I/Others, just shot down. They are VERY CORDIAL Folk! Is that style of play Frustrating?  YES/SHO-NUFF!  Is that style for me? NOPE! I usually fly around, below 6K, looking for GVs to Bomb. Come on down, "EX Musketeers"!  :rofl  Now that I have learned "Evasive Techniques", not as much frustration!   THIS IS WHAT I PLAY FOR!!!! Its why I fly the Spit-16. 3 bombs, and better capabilities than an 47, which can also carry 3 bombs! The "16" can easily turn the tables on This type of folk!  Just look up my Stats!   Looks like I can hold my own, so to speak! Fugitive has his points too!  As we have discussed this issue, more than a few times.  Its Aces High...YES!  I missed the "Hay Days", but FULLY ADOPTED A"RED YOUR DEAD" style of play!   "Red Dead"/Red you are dead(I sense a facsimile lol) mentality!!!!  Why else would a 16, have BOMBS?    For use "on light targets and other thinly armored GVs"...OOPS!!!! Killed Many a Tiger2 with those bombs!  Wait for it(200 BLOW UP)?  PRICELESS  :rofl
 Hope you and Your's, are well!!!  I am about to call in the Nat Guard's K-9's, and search parties,  to look for ya!   :aok
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 05:02:46 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2021, 04:56:53 AM »
As Wiley stated, fighting from below really is what I enjoy, but after you slaughter a few dozen, they start to pile on just to kill ya.  Still fun.

I really don't care if I die or not, I'd rather put myself in a sketchy situation and die 75% of the time, because the 25% you walk on on top is more satisfying than anything this game has to offer

One it is irritating to engage a guy though who will run no matter what, until you are in a 125mph stall fight with the guy that has a set of nads.
AMEN!!!! You know me...or should...1 16...alone...looking to GV from above...gets "Jumped" and oops! How'd that work out for ya? lol  Has lead to WAY BETTER FIGHTS, than those, that I am trying to get up to those Ex-Musketeers, Skin Makers and Proclaimed Hillbilly's(he is HIGH..look at his eyes!)!  :neener:  Even get some cracks at those fellers...if I manage to Dodge them enough, to make them impatient :aok    I will see, your 3 Vehicles, and raise you a couple fighters!!! I LOVE THIS FAMILY!!!!  I showed my Niece, ULBlizz, the film of OUR EPIC Fight, from last Month!  If you remember it....I have the film if you want to see it? La, against my Spit 16! I STILL dont know how I dodged that "Dont over shoot"....YOU:"I was getting GIDDY, if only you gave me the over shoot!"  That was one of those fights, that will live on!  :joystick:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2021, 05:01:21 AM »
RODBUSTER aka CAPSBUSTER!!!!! Where ya been, BROTHER?  It has been a while!!!!  Good to see this comment! I was fixing to call Rescue Services, to look for ya!!!! F those that got triggered by "You are YELLING" type!!  I never did get that!!  :uhoh Da DFuc

Offline Train45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2021, 10:55:49 PM »
you cant fly a slow turny plane complain about people running. started out in the spit 8 but got tired of ponys running so i started flying it. lost even more patience so now ive dipped into the k4, people running is not a problem if you adapt. people flying in at 30k to a low alt fight is no issue either same as 20k or 15k . all that exess E has to be drained to really engage anyway.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2021, 11:07:18 PM »
When ya coming back?  I havent been active in MNM, but still miss ya in the MA :aok   My lemon Trees had a BUMBER CROP this year!!!! BUMBER, not BUMPER..In WV..that dont go, round here"!  SHUFFLER: Lost to "Red Dead", with A Side of FU Hurricanes, DR7: TOO SOON!... and lots of Folk, gone now, that I never got to play with.   I got you a Vita Mix...it could "Mix" a Margarita, NO?  :O   I sort of agree with,OP! Once I get "Hints" as to who those Ponies are....I break off! NO! I wont follow him to his Mate, that I/Others, just shot down. They are VERY CORDIAL Folk! Is that style of play Frustrating?  YES/SHO-NUFF!  Is that style for me? NOPE! I usually fly around, below 6K, looking for GVs to Bomb. Come on down, "EX Musketeers"!  :rofl  Now that I have learned "Evasive Techniques", not as much frustration!   THIS IS WHAT I PLAY FOR!!!! Its why I fly the Spit-16. 3 bombs, and better capabilities than an 47, which can also carry 3 bombs! The "16" can easily turn the tables on This type of folk!  Just look up my Stats!   Looks like I can hold my own, so to speak! Fugitive has his points too!  As we have discussed this issue, more than a few times.  Its Aces High...YES!  I missed the "Hay Days", but FULLY ADOPTED A"RED YOUR DEAD" style of play!   "Red Dead"/Red you are dead(I sense a facsimile lol) mentality!!!!  Why else would a 16, have BOMBS?    For use "on light targets and other thinly armored GVs"...OOPS!!!! Killed Many a Tiger2 with those bombs!  Wait for it(200 BLOW UP)?  PRICELESS  :rofl
 Hope you and Your's, are well!!!  I am about to call in the Nat Guard's K-9's, and search parties,  to look for ya!   :aok

Howdy howdy howdy :) I am still contemplating new controllers. May be awhile... may be soon. May be ... May. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2021, 11:15:19 PM »
I always watched my score. I scored higher than most. I could get way up there when some folks were only 1 or 2. I might be 100 or more...... I'm sorry if this comes across as bragging... I'm just that good I guess.  :D

ROFL....Shuf, I  think they all should listen to "tattoos and scars" by Montgomery Gentry.... yes they all may have been around awhile and seen things....but they're still green horns...heh
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2021, 02:42:19 AM »
I have had more chick action than those who have or had high scores  :old:

The standards were not high but owt is better than nowt :)

Bruv is ginger beer and in denile :rofl

You bunch of fatties

You all should on TLC channel :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2021, 03:32:45 AM »
I have had more chick action than those who have or had high scores  :old:

The standards were not high but owt is better than nowt :)

Bruv is ginger beer and in denile :rofl

You bunch of fatties

You all should on TLC channel :)

I take you up on a few  of your statements...some I'm definitely not too proud of....

Considering your first statement....I  got you covered by more than a country mile...and that was before 1990 (had been around the world 2 nearly  3 times by then)

About your 2nd statement: if you are referring to the standards of how good players were,  well like  batfink says...on any given day!   and I  quit counting how many I taught early on in my time as a Trainer in AH long past the 5,000 mark (but I  was also a Trainer among other positions in Air Warrior).... I  guess you can put the  number right over  8,000+ total  both AW & AH combined...

Bruv  is  a  great fellow,  trying to grow and raise a family...got nothing bad to say about him....been where he is at and we have killed each other numerous times in different arenas / events

I am 6' 1" (sometimes they say I am  just 6ft heh) but in 2009 I weighed 168 lbs, by 2015 I weighed  252, at that time I  said  enough and  by 2018 I  had  dropped down to 195... today I  average  181 to 190 every  10  days....so I am  no fatties, heh.....

Here is a challenge for you if you  still flying!

Show up November 13th Saturday night 9pm EST and try and stop me from winning  5 rounds to win the event.....actually  that challenge goes out to everyone who thinks they can stop me!

Should have put that in a  new thread now that I have  thought about it...oh well

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2021, 03:36:55 AM »
Yes war and live combat are like that, this however is a game. I think most players expect a certain amount of fun and if they dont get that they will move on to some thing they do find fun. Then all of the real war "want to be's" can circle around at 30k until they run out of fuel or HTC turns off the server due to lack of funds.

Enjoy!  :aok

Just because it's a game, players aren't supposed to use real world tactics and instead just use one trick pony gamey maneuvers?  Yes, it's just a game but it is also a combat simulation and real world tactics are just as valid than the one trick pony maneuvers. 

In my opinion it is a lot more sad that the majority of those that cry about the lack of fights or how others fight, don't know squat about BFMs or ACM.  There is more to aerial combat than the overshoot reversal.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2021, 03:42:08 AM »
Just because it's a game, players aren't supposed to use real world tactics and instead just use one trick pony gamey maneuvers?  Yes, it's just a game but it is also a combat simulation and real world tactics are just as valid than the one trick pony maneuvers. 

In my opinion it is a lot more sad that the majority of those that cry about the lack of fights or how others fight, don't know squat about BFMs or ACM.  There is more to aerial combat than the overshoot reversal.

Exactly

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2021, 07:56:46 AM »
That's why AvA was popular back in the day

The room had more t&b in it in a day than you could find in a week in MA

If it isn't controlled by plane set or arena limits, you get what we have now in MA

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals