Author Topic: Unsportsmanlike game play  (Read 14351 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Unsportsmanlike game play
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2021, 08:14:30 AM »
Few players really fly for score and nothing else. Those that do usually succumb to burnout after a relatively short time.
You can see when looking at the scores and ranks in detail. Most players could easily have a much better rank by just doing a few more specific sorties, or adjusting their flying/choice of planes a bit. But they don't do that.

So why are they running instead if playing?
Who is John Galt?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2021, 09:41:42 AM »

Because they don't want the punishment of being sent all the way back to the tower and have to waste another 30 min of their day bored to death on auto-pilot just getting back to where they were.

And that's if the one fight on the map they've found hasn't already dissipated by the time they get back.

3 sided war created more frontage to spread the fights out across and many times the one good fight on the map will be where a third of the players can't get to because they don't share that front.  3 sides are great with 500 players to prevent a cluster-fek.  With low numbers it makes it harder to achieve critical mass at a point where all players can engage together.

If you can't increase the numbers (and you won't), and two sides is off the table (which it is), then the only thing you can do is create much smaller maps with minimally spaced fields, and less fields total.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:52:41 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2021, 12:52:12 PM »

I've told ya before

No one is running away during Monday Night Madness
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2021, 01:09:24 PM »

Because they don't want the punishment of being sent all the way back to the tower and have to waste another 30 min of their day bored to death on auto-pilot just getting back to where they were.

And that's if the one fight on the map they've found hasn't already dissipated by the time they get back.

3 sided war created more frontage to spread the fights out across and many times the one good fight on the map will be where a third of the players can't get to because they don't share that front.  3 sides are great with 500 players to prevent a cluster-fek.  With low numbers it makes it harder to achieve critical mass at a point where all players can engage together.

If you can't increase the numbers (and you won't), and two sides is off the table (which it is), then the only thing you can do is create much smaller maps with minimally spaced fields, and less fields total.

This!

And since the list of maps cannot or will not be edited to remove the maps most are complaining about I think nothing will happen

It would be great to hear from HT why the map list can't be changed for a trial run to see if it makes a difference

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2021, 02:24:36 PM »
This!

And since the list of maps cannot or will not be edited to remove the maps most are complaining about I think nothing will happen

It would be great to hear from HT why the map list can't be changed for a trial run to see if it makes a difference

Eagler

most? what does this mean? I don't like buzzsaw, hate it with a passion. know some people that won't play in it.  but there's a lot more players that seem to enjoy it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2021, 02:41:07 PM »
An arena with no score.  :D

Winner winner chicken dinner

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2021, 03:32:59 PM »
This!

Eagler

Call him, hes pretty good at answering his phone. Maybe he'll explain it to you.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »
Call him, hes pretty good at answering his phone. Maybe he'll explain it to you.

Someone answered.. "Ralph's Pizza Heaven, leave a message at the beep..." then they sneezed and hung up.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2021, 06:29:04 PM »

Then I can come back here and tell you all what he said...
Or ...

Yes if it mattered to me that much I would pursue an answer

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2021, 06:50:50 PM »
 It's your 14.95 fly anyway you want to.  :airplane:

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2021, 08:25:07 PM »
Then I can come back here and tell you all what he said...
Or ...

Yes if it mattered to me that much I would pursue an answer

Eagler

He may tell you, and ask you not to spread it around. He doesnt like to give an answer out to the community because inevitably he gets a dozen or so people who know better try to correct him. Some people just cant accept the answer he gives.

Personally if I was him Id give my answer and then ignore the hoopla afterwards. At least we would have an answer instead of all the speculation that goes on and on.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2021, 09:00:02 PM »

What's the difference?  they sit at alt and away from anywhere until they can swoop and poach... then head off if they find there is one other at the same alt...they have to waste a heck of a lot more time prepping to get the right alt and poaching setup...and when/if it doesn't work out they spend another 15-20mins to get it just right again.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2021, 06:19:41 AM »

This is completely illogical. As described they are running, and diving to the deck, back to their base in an attempt to evade engagement. So they ARE ending up exactly where you say running prevents them from ending up.

one might think you made that up to hijack the thread for a map rant.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:23:09 AM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2021, 06:21:07 AM »
double post
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:22:48 AM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2021, 06:24:37 AM »
It's your 14.95 fly anyway you want to.  :airplane:

And you will have no one left to play with.
Who is John Galt?