Author Topic: HQ  (Read 2934 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: HQ
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2023, 07:22:03 PM »
Mordred? :)

Could have told you that based on the 163 kills haha. That being said, he does have a point.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2023, 07:27:31 PM »
Honest question.

What remedy are you suggesting?

Remedy? Nothing in the respect of game play. I'm only hoping that one certain player with multiple accounts comes to some sort of moral epiphany and gets it that just because he CAN do something, it is detrimental to the game that he enjoys when he actually does that certain thing. And that it is hurtful to the fun of others and the game as a whole when he chooses to do it anyway.

It's arrogance and pride, basically. "I can stop your fun and you can't stop me." Schoolyard bully sort of thing. Want some lunch money, merv? :frown: I logged today because of it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2023, 07:33:28 PM »
Remedy? Nothing in the respect of game play. I'm only hoping that one certain player with multiple accounts comes to some sort of moral epiphany and gets it that just because he CAN do something, it is detrimental to the game that he enjoys when he actually does that certain thing. And that it is hurtful to the fun of others and the game as a whole when he chooses to do it anyway.

It's arrogance and pride, basically. "I can stop your fun and you can't stop me." Schoolyard bully sort of thing. Want some lunch money, merv? :frown: I logged today because of it.

I'd really like to see HT chime in if he would like to characterize a player bombing HQ as un-sportsmen-like or griefing behavior.

I don't see how he could do so since he designed and wrote that code.

You might have a point on the multiple accounts, but again, I assume that is known by HTC and allowed. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 07:39:28 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2023, 04:48:40 AM »
I am honestly having a hard time, wrapping my head around this issue!  I was relatively new in game, when the whole 49'ers and Merv HQ rampage.."The Dark Ages" took place.  To this day, from 2013 and on..."OOO, he is diving on Radar!"  "SPLAT-he augered"  "What shall we do"  "Oh! My eyes" It is laughed about every single time!  HQ is down? OK? How is this any different? Seriously? 98% of us, who remain, knows whats up! SA is KING,Queen,Jack and Jill!  BESIDES!  Only the Newer maps have any substantial Down Times on HQ. This is only a recent problem, like last week or so! These maps were "NICE" "Thanks Kong"  "Thanks Kenai" for what 5 months? Until someone realized HQ downtimes were 25 minutes, + City Multiplier? To me this seems more of a Personal Animosity/Vendetta driven gripe? I truly dont understand this! Has to be a personal grudge? True! Maybe I have some Kinship with Finetime/Merv, as I am probably in the Top 10 most accused of Cheating? I don't understand that one, either  :bhead This thread was supposed to be me :neener: towards Finetime, after he spent all that effort killing HQ. BACKFIRED!  Teamwork was like I hadnt seen in years! :rock     We eventually came back, due to an AWESOME End Around base take....come to find out-AFTER he logged :bhead   Bless him's heart :devil  Yeah, he did return and knits won the map...but was epic fun, before that fact :furious 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain