Author Topic: 2v1 Map Hoarding  (Read 2826 times)

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
Re: 2v1 Map Hoarding
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2023, 08:42:39 PM »
 That is the problem with a three country game. People will always look for the easiest path. Sitting in ambush at a spawn sight, hoarding against a weaker 3rd country.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2023, 02:59:44 AM »
Your side has a boss?

Yes, my younger cat. He's The Boss. This particular player just has repeated the one and same in buffer so often, so much, that it looks like we spontaneously decided to try his tactics.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2023, 08:02:51 AM »
That is the problem with a three country game. People will always look for the easiest path. Sitting in ambush at a spawn sight, hoarding against a weaker 3rd country.

Having only two countries doesn’t stop human nature. No one can COAD that.

Three countries is the only way to leave room for those that don’t play the win the map game.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2023, 08:34:53 AM »
With all this Hording, there must be an amazing amount of war booty.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2023, 08:52:18 AM »
Having only two countries doesn’t stop human nature. No one can COAD that.

Three countries is the only way to leave room for those that don’t play the win the map game.

Old subject, like since 1995 (or earlier). The pros outweigh the cons of 3 countries.

As quoted: “…sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you.”
Today will be different than tomorrow. Tomorrow a different losing country will repeat the same issues to benefit them. Rinse and repeat. In 3 days this will repeat.

If HT pushed code to balance human behavior they would not have time for other updates.its whack-a-mole

Since zi’ve been back I’ve yet to see Bish or Rooks with no fights to be had, or “neglected”. Last night was a great common example. Knits took bases barely protected because kicking the bee hive would not break up the fixated war fest between Bish and Rooks. This is more common when I’m on than any other scenario.

Time of day DOES matter, 3 different shifts with 3 different concepts. Late evening is usually cleaning up the mess of earlier concepts.

For 35 years, late evening has always been highest numbers, better wars. Always, like since before dirt was invented. Its called “Prime Time” for a reason.

In 3 days I’ll repeat myself for the 20,001 time.

:)

Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2023, 03:58:24 PM »
With all this Hording, there must be an amazing amount of war booty.

My cellar is full, need something?

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2023, 03:00:54 AM »
people are too worried about base %, just find a fight and enjoy it.  If your team loses a base on the other side, so be it.  Sure, it takes out the conquest/strategic aspect of the game, but atleast you can still have fun on the tactical side.  Even when down 10 to 1 I still try to do what I can and be effective.  You get enough effective people and its easy to defend bases.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2023, 09:15:05 AM »
people are too worried about base %, just find a fight and enjoy it.  If your team loses a base on the other side, so be it.  Sure, it takes out the conquest/strategic aspect of the game, but atleast you can still have fun on the tactical side.  Even when down 10 to 1 I still try to do what I can and be effective.  You get enough effective people and its easy to defend bases.

This is all about the game: JUST HAVE FUN  ... I don't understand why same guys take this "game" so seriously when the "life realities" are so hard for many.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2023, 10:32:56 AM »
This is all about the game: JUST HAVE FUN  ... I don't understand why same guys take this "game" so seriously when the "life realities" are so hard for many.

This. For some, the game is bigger than the life and maybe their only life. When I get pissed because of something, I just whine a bit to my own side guys and then log. Or just log without whining. Or whine without logging. And tell my cats how unfair the world is...    :cry   ...    :P

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2023, 12:58:31 PM »
I whine to myself when I should have known better..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2023, 03:24:06 PM »

Thats where the trouble starts..... what is your kind of fun?

You have some fighter guys flying for Knights. Knits and Rooks are ganging the Bish..... again  :devil Knits have 15 attacking 5 bish while Rooks have 15 attacking 10 bish. So we have the 2 vs 1 scenario, all teams have even numbers and yet the Knit fighter guys dont have a fight. Horde against low numbers on one front, nobody on the other front. Wheres the fun?

I dont think its "taking the game too seriously" its not always being able to find the type of fun you want, due to numbers or the gang mentality that the OP posted about.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2023, 05:19:08 PM »
This is the kind of crap we are talking about...

« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 05:20:55 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2023, 05:35:56 PM »
I was so distraut this morning that I walked out the door of my RV, grabbed my kayak, put it in the river, and went about 5 miles down to Gruene.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2023, 06:36:20 PM »
This is the kind of crap we are talking about...

(Image removed from quote.)

Long flight for fighter support up north.. map problem.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2023, 07:29:34 PM »
Long flight for fighter support up north.. map problem.

Definitely. This is one of the worst maps for dogfighting. I immediately log off when I see this or the spiral map.