Author Topic: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable  (Read 25389 times)

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: Simulated Aerial Combat Roundtable
« Reply #1275 on: April 17, 2024, 09:55:17 AM »
Didn't occur to me that youtube used a visibility algorithm (like the other various forums) but of course they do. No interest in monetizing my "channel" though along with all the work required to make professionalish videos. Just enjoy sharing my failures and successes.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #1276 on: April 17, 2024, 01:25:01 PM »
If an AHer were so inclined they might make a video comparing the strengths of AH to other "flight sims". It would get views. Probably more so if it started with the more popular games and snuck AH into the mix. Youtube views could add subscribers.

I have/had that video, now on a fried PC from a lightning surge. If I get it back, you will see this video. It doesn't have to compare or mention ANY game, you know right away, your game "won't do this". All it has to be a a AH scenario.

Before I deleted my videos our numbers were coming up. They had a total of 1000+ views. I now have over 300 subscribers. I didn't mention ANY other game. My content automatically paired up with DCS and IL-2 videos.

What sucks is when I draw return players in you guys suck them out the back door. SO I quit providing you with return players to skim. When you guys shut up I'll crank it back up again. A sad attempt to starv you out of this nonsense.

Don't tell me how much you care about AH when you can't wait to get them into DCS instead. Trick wording like "Choices" means,... choose our game instead. I've had enough experience in marketing to know when I see amateur marking using common catch phrases like bad informercials.

As long as this thread stays alive, I will do my best not to draw players in for you to skim. I will chew my own leg off to get out of a trap.

I've got DipTrips nailed down to the point I can predict where and when he's going to rear his ugly head. He's now 100% predictable to me. When you can predict what people will do, you have them nailed solid. Good thing I don't have the power anymore, I would permaban him for life, and I'd fire anyone who permitted it.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1277 on: April 17, 2024, 01:27:04 PM »
Videos or it didn't happen.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1278 on: April 17, 2024, 01:35:01 PM »

I've got DipTrips nailed down to the point I can predict where and when he's going to rear his ugly head. He's now 100% predictable to me. When you can predict what people will do, you have them nailed solid. Good thing I don't have the power anymore, I would permaban him for life, and I'd fire anyone who permitted it.

Okay, you've got my interest now. When did you have the power to "permaban" anyone? I'm genuinely curious here.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1279 on: April 17, 2024, 02:31:52 PM »
Okay, you've got my interest now. When did you have the power to "permaban" anyone? I'm genuinely curious here.

Oh, And get him to tell us what a "Skimmer" is
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1280 on: April 17, 2024, 04:20:12 PM »
When I was a kid, and we're talking a seriously long time ago, my mother would drink skim milk. I learned they call it that because they scoop (skim) off the fat from the surface. I guess it floats. Why would anyone complain about skimming off a few players from a fat game? If that were even possible, or someone wanted to.

I'm lactose intolerant. Milk makes me nauseous and always has.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #1281 on: April 17, 2024, 05:45:45 PM »
I have/had that video, now on a fried PC from a lightning surge. If I get it back, you will see this video. It doesn't have to compare or mention ANY game, you know right away, your game "won't do this". All it has to be a a AH scenario.

Before I deleted my videos our numbers were coming up. They had a total of 1000+ views. I now have over 300 subscribers. I didn't mention ANY other game. My content automatically paired up with DCS and IL-2 videos.

What sucks is when I draw return players in you guys suck them out the back door. SO I quit providing you with return players to skim. When you guys shut up I'll crank it back up again. A sad attempt to starv you out of this nonsense.

Don't tell me how much you care about AH when you can't wait to get them into DCS instead. Trick wording like "Choices" means,... choose our game instead. I've had enough experience in marketing to know when I see amateur marking using common catch phrases like bad informercials.

As long as this thread stays alive, I will do my best not to draw players in for you to skim. I will chew my own leg off to get out of a trap.

This dude does realize that " Dale " plays DCS right?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #1282 on: April 17, 2024, 08:35:26 PM »

Think Obi-Wanimal Airwarriorobi
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #1283 on: April 18, 2024, 07:40:31 PM »

Just say no to drugs mmmmkay

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1284 on: April 18, 2024, 07:45:57 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #1285 on: April 19, 2024, 12:22:01 AM »
You make the Cowtown airshow CptTrips?

Blues flew and they had a B-25 and a P-51 and some Texans. Would have liked to see more warbirds but it was decent.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #1286 on: April 19, 2024, 07:41:05 AM »

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1287 on: April 19, 2024, 02:27:09 PM »
ARMA 3 anyone?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1288 on: April 19, 2024, 02:37:53 PM »
You make the Cowtown airshow CptTrips?

Blues flew and they had a B-25 and a P-51 and some Texans. Would have liked to see more warbirds but it was decent.

Nope I didn't. 

You're lucky you say anything.  They are getting fewer and fewer still flying.

:aok
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1289 on: April 19, 2024, 05:45:08 PM »
Should Eagle Dynamics disappear into a sink hole it wouldn't surprise me if someone like Heatblur stepped into the gap with a replacement.

Time for a nice 5 year old video.