Author Topic: We're losing our sim to...  (Read 926 times)

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
We're losing our sim to...
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2002, 01:51:32 PM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
 I have a question for the "CH1 squelchers"--If you squelch CH 1 always, then why are you paying for AH?  I'm not trying to seem rude, I just want your point of view.

J_A_B

You’re kidding right?  I do not religiously squelch 1, in fact I hardly ever do, but some times I do.  Mainly the reason that I don’t is to throw the occasional , and “good fight!” comments.

I pay my $15 to fly against a live person rather than a bot.  I’m amazed you think of AH as a chat program with a bunch of pretty planes moving about.  I’m slowly starting to understand where you’re coming from.  Sped a lot of time on the phone and going shopping do ya?

Zippatuh

Oops, I think that last line may be considered trash talk.  Funny though, I didn’t see any cursing or direct insults, hmmmm.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2002, 03:30:53 PM »
"...I have a question for the "CH1 squelchers"--If you squelch CH 1 always, then why are you paying for AH? I'm not trying to seem rude, I just want your point of view....".

I pay to FLY against lots of people, not chat with them.  If channel 1 is your means of social intercourse, you really need to get out more often.

P.S. Right now because of player number limitations, I don't think of IL2 as an alternative to AH.

bowser

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2002, 03:33:23 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I'm sure that even you can see the difference now that has been explained to you?
lazs

God Lazs, you're such as sad individual.  Cripes, go out and have some fun or something.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2002, 03:44:45 PM »
Last time I checked 'talking trash' to a guy that could kick your bellybutton was an invitation to that bellybutton kickin. Society was NEVER more polite than it was when folks walked around with a pistol dangling from their hip.

This 'Talking Trash' bullcrap is a recent development brought about by the development of our Politicly Correct 'polite' society.. one thats NOT armed, and depends on a third party (such as the police or a big brother) for protection. All the whining lil diaper draggin dickeaded kids used to hiding behind a computer screen or school monitor seem to think trash talk is 'kewl'... trash talk me in person, and yer gonna wind up staring out yer amazinhunk at your proctologists glove covered big finger.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2002, 03:48:04 PM »
Westy:

I see what you are saying and know which period you are talking about. However, the TOS wouldn't have been nearly as effective if there hadn't been some tacit approval and support for it from the people. I am specifically referring to the betas 2 and 3. In my recollection beta 2 was far worse than 3, and it was the community that handled the situation and clamored to the people in charge to do something about the guys involved. Hehe, remember a guy named B17? No, not the B17 of AW 3 fame but the one during beta 2. One night we ALL made the boy cry. The folks in charge followed up and he was banned along with all of his 3 or 4 accounts; never heard from that guy again.
As the notion grew it became more formalized. There was even a member of CAF who was one. Hell, I got chastised a couple of times but, they were good reminders for me when I got too hot headed about something. In the heat of it, I recall I didnt like it but, I accepted that he was doing it for the good of us all. There were other issues which were emphasised by the community, specifically regarding the spin move; now that was a violation which was enforced because the community wanted it enforced. This was an attitude bought into by most; if a person didnt like it, he could leave.  I don't think we have different meanings here.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2002, 03:51:58 PM by Don »

Offline AKEagle+

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2002, 04:42:33 PM »
I am amazed at the capabilities of the people in this sim! :)

No wonder I get my butt kicked so easily. :(

I mean, here I am, checking 6, 3, 9, 6 high, 12 high, 3 high, 9 high, checking air speed, flaps settigns, engine temp, did I leave wep on? Gear up? Where is my wingman? Is he in trouble? What’s my alt?, how many bogeys and at what alt, where is my egress route?,  check  6, 3 9, 6 high, 12 high, 3 high, 9 high, how much ammo n fuel do I have left,  reading squad comms and local comms for battle info.  And my SA still sux.

I am in pure amazement that people can do all that and more, and still bother to read Channel 1!

Beyond my capabilities that’s for sure :(

AKEagle+

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2002, 05:12:13 PM »
All the whining lil diaper draggin dickeaded kids used to hiding behind a computer screen or school monitor seem to think trash talk is 'kewl'... trash talk me in person, and yer gonna wind up staring out yer amazinhunk at your proctologists glove covered big finger.

Heh, Hang, are you talkin trash behind a computer? :eek:

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2002, 03:56:33 AM »
Lets set up a mud wrestling event at the next CON to settle the scores between people that need to call eachother names on ch1.

Somebody needs to keep track of it though and make sure all involved turn up on the CON.

I hope some women call me names , :D

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2002, 04:27:42 AM »
Re: We're losing our sim to...

Originally posted by Apache
…the obnoxious, the arrogant, the elitists, the fool hardy, the vile, the hateful tempered, the  irreverent, and the disrespectful.

Dude. Us LW's are still a minority. But we're working on it. You sucking allied peasant farmboy cow-shagger.

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2002, 06:18:30 AM »
Originally posted by J_A_B
[B  When I beat someone at a game, I most definately will get a "f__k you cheater you suck" in response.  That's part of the nature of competition.    

J_A_B [/B]

You REALLY need to get some new friends :)

It's the 72nd hole of the 2002 Masters.. Tiger Woods is tied with Phil Mickelson for the lead.  Woods has a curling downhill 30 footer to take the title.  He strokes the ball, it curves sweetly into the cup.

The crowd cheers ... Mickelson approaches Tiger, flattens him with a right cross and screams "F_ck you cheater you suck".

Ahh, sportsmanship :)

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2002, 08:10:14 AM »
lol Jekyll.  Colorful imagery :D

Rgr all that Strider.  Many different factors come in to play as to why AW had less of what we're experiencing of late.  Folks could not get far out of line as the GOP's or Kesmai folks would nip it the bud as well as the community for sure.  
 Part of the reason IMO that we have this problem in AH today is that it tooka couple of months for some people to be aware that their behavior online goes pretty much unnoticed by HTC.  Online behavior has only REALLY gotten bad recently with the only thing these folks have to fear is tripping up when one of the HTC crew is online or someone to send in a screen shot.

IMO the way to go is to have a log running on channel one. Then any problem is preserved in black and white for HTC to use as a basis for issuing warnings or other action.

Westy

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2002, 08:24:50 AM »
Perminent squelch feature, also optional language filter on the client side would cure these problems. But theres always going to be some new 2 weeker comming in talking smack.

i know a lot of you people dont enjoy seeing all the slander, i my self dont care either way, so thats why it should be on the client side IMO.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2002, 10:13:30 AM »
Rude Laz is a fuggin idiotic wanger(edited for kids :))

:D

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2002, 02:42:05 PM »
Heh, Hang, are you talkin trash behind a computer? :eek:

wellll..... ummm... yah, I guess so.

But I'm still the biggest, meanest mutha fucah in this room, and i drop-kick my cats bellybutton clean across the apartment almost every night, lest the lil toejam ferget just who's the daddy round here.

(I gotta do it quietly tho... don't wanna piss off the old midget livin downstairs.)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hawg

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2002, 09:39:30 PM »
Fortunately, I can't read fast enough and fly at the same time. Some will say I can't fly period. :::Evidenced in the smoke trailing behind my A/C:::, so I squelch CH 1.  I have found the CH 1 in the CT to be pretty civil. Even when you get blasted, it is usually followed by a . I have found myself squelching CH 1 in the MA a lot lately. Less to read for us old folks, easier to take in the important stuff. :D
Hawg