Author Topic: Charges filed after man dies while stuck in windshield two days  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Charges filed after man dies while stuck in windshield two days
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2002, 07:45:37 AM »
Originally posted by Kanth
If anyone saw CSI tonite, it's on after survivor, we were sitting there talking with the sound down and noticed it showed an image of a man stuck in a windshield bleeding to death.

Another white male steps into the garage thru the garage-to-house door and sees him and looks at him all wierd and the guy asks for help.

The guy who had walked in just shuts off the garage light and closes the door and leaves him there to die.

wtf??

There are more than just white males in our society.

it got on my nerves that they decided to portray it and then chose to do it like that.
Kanthy

For what it's worth, the producers of CSI did everything they can to make the guy a real bastard. Who is easier to hate than a Young White male Lawer? Especially if he proves himself to be a dick.

As far as there being more than just white males in our society, one of the lead charactors in the show is African American, and the show rates highly in African American households, according to the Washington Post.

Since they race with NBC's "Law and Order" to get stories "Ripped from the Headlines" it should come as no surprise that often they take the path of least resistence through network censors, editors.

But even if the situation wasn't mitigated by the above circumstances, isn't it high time that we, as Americans stopped embracing racial stereotypes, even if they happen to be true? So what if the "real" people in this story were black. As a White American I'm proud to take the burdon of bad judgement from the shoulders of my African American Brothers and Sisters. It could have just as easily been me out of work out of luck and out of blood. Or it could have been my wife, strung out on "E" and 8Ball, screaming through an intersection snuffing out another soul. Only when we embrace the certainty that we are all one can we finally rise above, and overcome

-Sikboy
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2002, 08:26:54 AM »
Heh!

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2002, 10:18:54 AM »
Ooooh my!:eek:

Sikboy is getting really good at this!:D

Offline Elfenwolf

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2002, 10:46:07 AM »
On a related subject- My daughter, 17 today, has been badgering us for a car. It seems the 1995 Taurus we have allowed her to inherit isn't cool enough for her. She called from a friend's car the other day, gushing over how "cute" her car is. The conversation went something like this-

Kid- Hey Dad, I'm in Terra's car and it is SO CUTE! I want one!

Me- What kind of car is it?

Kid-(holding hand over phone) Terra, what kind of car is this? (to me, a minute later) It's a Chevy, Dad.

Me- What kind of Chevy is it?

Kid-(holding hand over phone) Terra, a Chevy what? (to me) She doesn't know.

Me- Look for a logo on the dashboard.

Kid- Oh...It's a Chevy Airbag, Dad.

Me- A Chevy Airbag???

Kid- Well, that's what it says on the dashboard.

Needless to say she'll have to get by with the "uncool" Taurus until it finally dies. Then, for High School graduation next year, if she's a good girl and does well in school, we might go shopping for a Chevy Airbag. I have it on good authority they're "cute."

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2002, 01:59:23 PM »
The incident itself is horrific. Leaving someone to die in your garage is horrific. Being a member of the medical community and doing this is horrific.
I said this in the initial thread where SOB presented the story.

Television deciding to portray the person as a white male is irrelevant to me.  The fact that they decided to make the person a lawyer (someone you love to hate) carries much more distain in my oppinion.

The person driving the car was a nurse's aid.

Amazing... regardless of race or sex.

AKDejaVu

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2002, 02:10:43 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu

Television deciding to portray the person as a white male is irrelevant to me.

I find your lack of indignation disheartening. Not only is it relevant, it is probably the single most important aspect of this show. Hollywood wants us to heal. But so long as you refuse to see the color line, we can never get past it. And this, 10 years after Rodney King

-Sikboy

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2002, 02:48:11 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy

I find your lack of indignation disheartening. Not only is it relevant, it is probably the single most important aspect of this show. Hollywood wants us to heal. But so long as you refuse to see the color line, we can never get past it. And this, 10 years after Rodney King

-Sikboy

So long as you ONLY see a color line you will never learn that people are deserving of respect irregardless of their skin color. It is their ACTIONS that indicate whether they deserve respect or scorn. The loss of that persons LIFE and in the callous manner in which it was taken speaks volumes, not the color of either persons skin.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2002, 02:51:15 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. ......lower the drag a little!!!:D

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2002, 06:38:04 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick

So long as you ONLY see a color line you will never learn that people are deserving of respect irregardless of their skin color. It is their ACTIONS that indicate whether they deserve respect or scorn. The loss of that persons LIFE and in the callous manner in which it was taken speaks volumes, not the color of either persons skin.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2002, 11:17:36 PM »
I have to say that I am disappointed in your use of this situation in an attempt at humor. Perhaps it is simply due to a lack of maturity that will be gained when you grow up.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2002, 08:51:15 AM »
And I have to say that I'm dissapointed that yet again, someone who either doesn't get, or isn't in on the joke, falls back on the "must shame you by questioning your age/maturity" defense. :rolleyes:

I hate to be the tear in your condom, but I'm an adult... I know, I know. hard to believe. And anyone posting on a Video Game BBS has to draw their own conclusion about maturity I suppose. Good job colonel. Say hi to Iceman for me, and good luck shooting down Viper

-Sikboy

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2002, 12:31:22 PM »
sikboy, wrong movie (not to mention the old TV show), but then why should accuracy mean anything to you? Not to burst your bubble, but chronological age is not the indicator of being mature.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2002, 12:35:32 PM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2002, 01:41:55 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
sikboy, wrong movie (not to mention the old TV show), but then why should accuracy mean anything to you? Not to burst your bubble, but chronological age is not the indicator of being mature.

No, it wasn't the "wrong" movie. Since the point was to make fun of you, it was the perfect movie.
Accuracy? Accyracy is very important to me when I'm actually making a point. Doesn't seem to be the case with you though. .

And believe me, its very funny to be lectured about maturity by some guy posting messages on a video game BBS.  :rolleyes:

-Sikboy

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2002, 03:14:14 PM »
Ah... bonus points for a personal attack. WTG SB. :D
sand

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2002, 04:02:51 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
Ah... bonus points for a personal attack. WTG SB. :D

I'd like to thank the academy, and those who came before me... this momeny is bigger than I am...

Oh wait, I'm probably not supposed to make fun of Hally Berry either.

-Sikboy

[edit] And btw Sandman, I think this puts me ahead in the "most likely to lose an eye" poll
« Last Edit: May 05, 2002, 04:18:15 PM by Sikboy »