Author Topic: Im a bigot, racist and anti-liberal  (Read 1793 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Im a bigot, racist and anti-liberal
« on: May 22, 2002, 08:22:01 AM »
We know the profile of nearly all terrorists. The people blowing themselves up in markets, hijacking planes and declaring holy war against the US, Jews and Isreal, are almost exclusivly Arab and or Muslim. They are funded by Arabs and Arab states.  

It goes completely against reality not to profile Arabs and Muslims coming into the US and applying for visas. If we do not wake up real soon and confront the known sources of terrorism coming from the Middle East, we will be very sorry some day.

I guess some liberals will say we have to profile little old white ladies at the airport just to protect the feelings of people that actually fit a profile for a terrorist. We need to bog down screening just to protect somebody's feelings? Well one day these extremists are going to hit us VERY hard , and maybe after that day some of these people will wake up to reality.

We must use our known profiles for terrorists as a matter of survival. This is not a politcal correctness game, this is a life and death struggle that we did not start.

Now, since not many are going to be able to argue against logic, the only recourse for some people that dont like to hear logic or facts is to call me a bigot and a racist.

An analogy: If there is a known lake that is found to contain a toxin that must be filtered out, you dont then go to the ocean and start filtering it out instead.

NUKE
« Last Edit: May 22, 2002, 08:24:40 AM by NUKE »

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2002, 08:49:50 AM »
As much as I hate nibbling at an obvious troll, let me see if I have this correctly...

Terrorists = Bad
Terrorists = Arab

Therefore...

Arab = Bad

Ever hear of Manzanar? :rolleyes:
sand

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2002, 09:01:37 AM »
I don't think you're being a bigot or racist in your post NUKE.  You are very logical and completely correct in your thinking.  Don't count liberals out when it comes to national security.  Liberals and conservatives are together on this one.

I pray that our representatives in congress are taking heed of the seriousness of terrorism, and will do what is necessary to protect Americans in our homeland.

Les

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2002, 09:07:25 AM »
Originally posted by Leslie
I don't think you're being a bigot or racist in your post NUKE.  You are very logical and completely correct in your thinking.  Don't count liberals out when it comes to national security.  Liberals and conservatives are together on this one.

I pray that our representatives in congress are taking heed of the seriousness of terrorism, and will do what is necessary to protect Americans in our homeland.

Les

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
-Benjamin Franklin, 1759
sand

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2002, 09:14:54 AM »
How quickly we forget little Johnny "Taliban" Walker.   If you don't think there will be another one of him, with possibly dire consequences for innocent lives, I think you're sadly mistaken.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2002, 09:17:48 AM »
As I recall, Hitler was rather fond of racial profiling.:rolleyes:
sand

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2002, 09:23:22 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety."
-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

That's all fine and dandy, but they aren't talking about US citizens giving up any liberty for security (which is what the liberals in government try to get people to do every day) They are talking about probobly the only way to insure that 9/11 doesn't happen again.  I doubt it would be 100% but I bet it would never get as bad as it is in Isreal. Immigration policies in this country have always been subject to change and they still are.   Maybe the arabs that come here for an education could go back home and actualy pull their homelands out of the freaking 7th century.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2002, 09:25:15 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

That's all fine and dandy, but they aren't talking about US citizens giving up any liberty for security (which is what the liberals in government try to get people to do every day) ...SNIP

Whoa... explain, please.
sand

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2002, 09:29:09 AM »

Whoa... explain, please.

Cigarettes, seat belts, motorcycle helmets, cigarettes, social security, cigarettes, anything that has to do with "the children" campain finance, cigarettes.   There are many more, but that's not the topic of this thread.....

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2002, 09:32:19 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

That's all fine and dandy, but they aren't talking about US citizens giving up any liberty for security --snip-- Maybe the arabs that come here for an education could go back home and actualy pull their homelands out of the freaking 7th century.

How many AMERICANS of Arab decent will be giving up their liberty Udie. I have no problem with keeping tabs on foreign visitors and students. Profiling by race will not solve our security issues.

We should try to emulate the methods El Al uses to identify possible threats. They employ screeners who will talk with people waiting in line or standing in the airports. Nothing obtrusive, and they are very well trained.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Sandman

Would you feel the same after say a dozen crowded shopping malls in the US are hit by suicide bombers from the middle east that are here in the states under whatever false pretense?

Would you be against "profiling" then?

I say at that point, round up every one of them and ship their arses back to the sandpiles which they came...and don't let another one in .. period.

If the gov wouldn't act in a similar fashion, if they had your views on the matter, I'm afraid the average citizen would take matters into their own armed hands ...

It ain't profiling, it's playing the odds. Past actions have stack the odds for men of middle eastern decent to be the next terrorist. Could be anyone but odds are they are arabic.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2002, 09:35:36 AM »

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Don't think they had nutbag suicide bombers in 1759 :rolleyes:
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2002, 09:37:24 AM »
I think that you'll find nothing in the Constitution that limits the Bill of Rights to U.S. citizens only.
sand

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2002, 09:42:11 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

How many AMERICANS of Arab decent will be giving up their liberty Udie. I have no problem with keeping tabs on foreign visitors and students. Profiling by race will not solve our security issues.

We should try to emulate the methods El Al uses to identify possible threats. They employ screeners who will talk with people waiting in line or standing in the airports. Nothing obtrusive, and they are very well trained.

First off I'm not saying that I'm for this solution.  I do however think that this is the best possible way to stop further arab terrorist from attacking us again.  They can't hit us if they're not here.  I have a lot of friends from Iran.  I don't want to see them sent back to that country, they are as American as you or I after being raised here.   They would suffer over there and I'm sure they would fight for the  USA in a war against Iran.  

Isreal profiles their arabs I guess, but how good has that been at stopping homicide bombers?  Let a couple of them go off here in Tx and I'd bet a months pay that we'd start seing arab/americans found dead on the side of the road or in their homes or in the malls.  (not saying I'd do that)

Sticky situation.   I for one don't want any more attacks in our country.  So I'm starting to think that we should send them ALL back.  Like I said, maybe there'd be enough good ones over there then that they'd actualy apply what they learned in our society and lift that region out of the 7th century,  which is what needs to happen.....

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Originally posted by Eagler
Sandman

Would you feel the same after say a dozen crowded shopping malls in the US are hit by suicide bombers from the middle east that are here in the states under whatever false pretense?

Would you be against "profiling" then?
[/b]

Yes.
sand