Author Topic: US cannabis refugees cross border  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
US cannabis refugees cross border
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2002, 08:42:23 PM »
Somebody pass the fattie to Udie.

he's getting depressed.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2002, 10:18:34 PM »
what a joke..

pot is less harmfull than booze , but booze is legal.

it's all a money issue.

I've never seen anyone hurt anyone else because they were stoned.  ok.. maybe the girlfriend was a bit disappointed because.. er.. ne'r mind

what was I saying    ?

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2002, 10:33:32 PM »
Puff puff pass Wlfgng... puff puff pass!
-SW

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2002, 06:54:05 AM »
Hey!  Udie is bogarting that fattie...;)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2002, 07:08:41 AM »
Mr. Ashcroft, you are satan!

Masher
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2002, 07:39:14 AM »
Gentlemen. Pursueing (sp?) the arguement is an unproductive excercise. I'm neither a doctor or a psychologist. Neither do I have a great of stock of faith in both. Whats good for you one day will kill you the next. Depends on who is writing the report and bucking for the recognition.

Listen to your friends. Listen to the medical reports you want to believe in and listen to Woody the hemp rope advocate if you wish.  I will argue with none of you.

Either you are one of the lucky ones who suffer no ill effects or im trapped in a thread with a bunch of weed smoking space cadets who are occupied between defending their habit and talking to their joystick.

When your dragging around a metre long trail of pots and pans behind you and the tin foil radar on top of your head tells you that the CIA are getting closer, You shall convince for me, the man beside you. That or he will wander off mumbling to himself unintelligebly, whilst wringing his hands about what a freak out you are.

Cannabis users are a rare breed.  You dont have to tell, smack, hammer, speed, and amphet users they have a problem. They all know it. They may not want to know it but they all do. You can rarely convince a dope user that they have one and I gave up trying many years ago. I simply pick them up and lodge them in the looney bin for 72 hours and let others deal with them.

Its your life Gents. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2002, 07:44:53 AM by SC-Sp00k »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2002, 07:40:58 AM »
I don't smoke it, but Ashcroft is the EPITOME of an amazinhunk.

Masher
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2002, 07:53:39 AM »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2002, 09:01:09 AM »
If people who smoke weed have a problem, people who drink have a problem too.

but then again, it's fairly evident you are ignorant to the subject at hand Sp00k... so yeah, arguing is pretty pointless because you won't bother to educate yourself on the issue.
S!
-SW

Offline SC-Sp00k

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2002, 09:15:11 AM »
SeaWulfe. Using one problem to justify another simply signifies you have a problem. This may be bad, but this is bad to, therefore its alright to do this.  What ideology is that? Martian?

As for educating myself on the issue. Apparently if you read a book. It must be true. If you see it on the internet. It must be true.  If this expert tells me so. It must be true.

Do you see the stupidity in that SW?

You smoke a few cones, pack a few bongs, roll a few joints and slap some hash blocks under your tongue, so you must be the expert.

I meet people with that same thought process every day of the week. Blinded in knowledge and the books of their culture and the infinite wisdom of their peers.

Im not judging you SW or anyone else who smokes dope. Be your own man. Make your own mistakes. If your lucky you get a chance to look back and say, "Hey man I was right and you were wrong."

If your not. Then you know me well enough to know, that i'll tell you straight.  "I told you so."

Of course, telling the gibbering mindless vacant eyed zombies that cant remember yesterday let alone anything I told them on a BBS once when they remembered how to type, could be a problem.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2002, 09:28:49 AM »
Spook, yer as full of judgemental ill-informed, inaccurate and incomplete toejam regarding cannibis as Martha Stewarts Thanksgiving Turkey.

... and tell yer programmer he did a great job on yer head.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2002, 09:29:46 AM »
SeaWulfe. Using one problem to justify another simply signifies you have a problem. This may be bad, but this is bad to, therefore its alright to do this.  What ideology is that? Martian?

Well no, I was just showing you that if someone who smokes weed (not every day) has a problem... then there are billions of people on this planet who have a problem. People pop paxil and other OTC drugs to make their life more liveable for them. The only difference between weed and those prescription drugs is that you are being told one is bad while the other (with far more horrible side effects) you are being told is a great way to help "you" enjoy life.

As for educating myself on the issue. Apparently if you read a book. It must be true. If you see it on the internet. It must be true.  If this expert tells me so. It must be true.

Do you see the stupidity in that SW?

So basically you are telling me that the only person you believe on this issue is no one? I didn't just read a book, or see it on the internet, a lot of my "education" on this issue came straight from the US Government.

You smoke a few cones, pack a few bongs, roll a few joints and slap some hash blocks under your tongue, so you must be the expert.

See above.

I meet people with that same thought process every day of the week. Blinded in knowledge and the books of their culture and the infinite wisdom of their peers.

The only thing blinding with regards to this subject is the lies and misinformation you've been fed your entire life. It's not your fault, the government runs the country and so they can freely tell you what they want. The studies are out there... but again, if you choose to believe no one on this subject then there's really no way you can ever reach the truth.

If your not. Then you know me well enough to know, that i'll tell you straight.  "I told you so."

Yup, but I'm not saying anything along the lines of pot isn't bad. I'm simply trying to give you the real deal on it. Yeah, it can give you lung cancer. Yeah, it can slow down your reaction time. But then again, what drug (legal or not) doesn't?

Of course, telling the gibbering mindless vacant eyed zombies that cant remember yesterday let alone anything I told them on a BBS once when they remembered how to type, could be a problem.

See, that's the problem right there. You deal with burn outs and morons all the time apparently... they are the definition of pot heads. I remember yesterday perfectly fine... of course, I don't live my life in a doped up haze. I do it on MY own time when there will be no repercussions.

I know plenty of people who go home after work and pop back a few cold ones to relax. Why do you think going home and smoking a bowl or a joint is any different than that? Somehow I will magically turn into a gibbering mindless vacant eyed zombie? It just don't work that way.

If you dealt with hard core drunks all day, you'd see the correlation between the two I am making. A hard core pothead and a hardcore drunk are one in the same, they are both mindless vacant eyed zombies without a thought in there head except getting their next fix. OTOH, someone who drinks 2 or 3 beers  a night is a far cry from a hard core drunk and can live their lives very happily without any problems. Just like someone who smokes a bowl, takes a bong hit, or smokes a joint a night. They are no different in terms of functioning in society as anyone else, they just happen to get high for a couple hours in their own homes.
-SW

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2002, 09:52:33 AM »
I smoked pot for 16 years, and hardly ever missed a day (near as I can recall).
I can honestly say there was no apparent permanent damage. I can also say through 1st hand experience that I know many "productive" members of the community who smoke regularly.

OTOH, I quit 12 years ago for good reasons. Pot reduces your mental capacity, it causes you to care less about your environment, it stops you from being your best.

I enjoyed it while I was using, I enoy life more now.

My $0.02

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2002, 10:03:15 AM »
Agreed Tah Gut.
-SW

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2002, 10:18:50 AM »
Midnight, did you know that Marijuana was the "gateway drug".  According to the govt. you snorted Coke, shot up on Heroin, and took other drugs?"  The politicians said it "was a stepping stone to other drugs".  I guess they snorted all of the Coke, BUT they still do!

Masher
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC