Author Topic: "Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .  (Read 1513 times)

Offline rv6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.aircombatusa.com/AC_Testimonial.htm#James
"Are you deaf . . . . . . . . . .
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2002, 05:55:12 AM »
Funny this thread is here today..  Yesterday afternoon, I joined a raid in a heavy F4.  Base is half flattened, waiting for goons.  There's this one guy (OSPINO? or sumptin' like that),, and he's wailing away at the buildings!  The CV is right off-shore, and he's ferrying bombs out to the field like crazy!

The VOX dudes,, firstly asked politely for him to stop,, then they explained in great length the ill-logic of his actions,, (no reply),, then they type out long winded diatribes re; the same stuff.. Then the vulgarity & physical threats started.. (STILL, no reply,, he just keeps bombing & bombing, and when there were no buildings left, he bombed the runways,, making smiley faces with craters!! MOOhahahahaaa!!

Oh yeah,, AND THEN,, I think someone from my country radios on the OPEN CHANNEL,, "Hey, I see a C47 just west of A5 at 1000 ft!"

BOY, were those guys PISS'T!!

I flew out to the CV & augered, all bombs intact.. fearing the angry mob may somehow reach through my ISP Cable, and choke me by accident.. :eek:

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2002, 06:10:25 AM »
When someone starts telling what to do in the game, I just ask for his credit card number.  If he wants to control what I do, he can pay my account.

Otherwise, its my money, its my choice.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I smell a hypocrite
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2004, 05:39:05 PM »
Originally posted by Furious
If I bring ordinance to a field, I am gonna drop it.

I don't care about "your" war.  

The little napoleans are the absolute worst aspect of the GAME.

F.

Originally posted by Dago
When someone starts telling what to do in the game, I just ask for his credit card number.  If he wants to control what I do, he can pay my account.

Otherwise, its my money, its my choice.

dago
Originally posted by Thrawn
I usually don't pork bases that my team is trying to capture.  But after latest batch of whine threads, I'm now going to dedicate ALL my time to base porkage.  Not just base porkage, but suicide base porkage.  As long as I'M paying MY hard earned cash to play this game I will do whatever the hell I want with MY online time.  And if you don't like, well there's really sweet *** all you can do about it isn't there.  Except whine like a like a little baby, *boo hoo hoo*.

...so you guys feel that you're entitled to spend your $14.95 as you please, even though (as whels has pointed out) you might be ruining the gameplay for 30-40 others who have also paid $14.95.   Ah, Teamwork! :aok This thread appeared some time before the current wave of fuel porkery had reached its height... How do you feel about this now that the game has been overrun by suicide fuel porkers and CV sinkers?  
Saving the best till last - Originally posted by Zippatuh
The best one for me…  “Why do knights pork the fuel?”

If I even have the slightest doubt that the base capture isn’t going to happen, I’m porking the fuel and radar.
Nice one, Zipp. How do you reconcile this with your later stance from March of this year, which was "Getting really tired of the “be the steamroller or be rolled”, no one wants to fight anymore."? Seems like you lent a sympathetic ear to the "no-holds-barred-because-it's-my-$14.95" movement led by Arfann in this thread, but when you found that YOUR gameplay was being affected by people spending their $14.95 the way they want to spend it, well that just won't do, now will it?

Zipp's thread --> http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112879

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2004, 05:49:41 PM »
and i smell an Idiot!!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2004, 05:57:10 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
Hangars are only ever down for 15 minutes before they regenerate.  If that helps to keep the enemies from thwarting any capture attempts, what is the problem?  :confused:

It totally screws up the ....

System: PlayerXXX has landed 15 kills in an F4UC of xxxx squad

Don't pork this base means to me...I wanna vulch this place until that goon that is going to be up in say..10 minutes , when he is done vulching and flys back and lands his kills..then ups the goon. I have heard that lil saying on MORE than one occasion. Mean while like was said earlier..they up like crazy..Guys fly off that were capping or die trying for that last vulch....and the whole thing ends up costing the very base you were attacking from.

If your gonna land grab...Best to kill the hangars IMHO. Fuel and other strats..maybe to slow down the counter attack that WILLL come if you leave the hangars up.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2004, 06:06:19 PM »
Originally posted by Flossy
Hangars are only ever down for 15 minutes before they regenerate.  If that helps to keep the enemies from thwarting any capture attempts, what is the problem?  :confused:

Fighter Hangars are only down for 5 minutes I think. VH down for 15.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 06:24:07 PM by kj714 »

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2004, 06:10:10 PM »
You should have been recording it.  I would have liked to hear it.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2004, 06:22:53 PM »
"but when you found that YOUR gameplay was being affected by people spending their $14.95 the way they want to spend it, well that just won't do, now will it?"

Hehe, good point Beet1e. It really all depends who's pie is being poked at the time. (Ala "American Pie")

This is why I stick with my squad and pretty much ignore everywhere else. We are all on the same page (usually). If players  go to the big fights, it's a free for all, expect it. As for missions, I usually only sign up for the FB missions, they are pretty well organized.

As far as flattening the FH's go, I believe in killing 'em all if you really want the base, especially if you are on a land grab march. If you got 20 or 30 guys with you, just hotpad and go on. The FH's come back up pretty quick. No reason to get all upset.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Re: I smell a hypocrite
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2004, 06:30:40 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
...How do you feel about this now that the game has been overrun by suicide fuel porkers and CV sinkers? ...

The exact same.  If I bring a bomb, I am gonna blow something up.  I don't work for the napoleons.

You could pretend that this is the same as suicide porking, but you would be incorrect.  

What you are correct about is that your $15 does put you completely in charge of how you spend your time.  Do whachya like.  Have fun.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2004, 08:22:04 PM by Furious »

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2004, 08:07:34 PM »
wow! what a tender topic!

I remember Wax and I were over a base once in tiffys.  I dont remember who, but one of us killed those "structures" that sit on the outer edge of the feild. We got yelled at by one of those Generals.

hehe Big mistake. Those little structures getting destroyed that ment nothing to the base, turned into every single fuel tank, ammo bunker, radar, and barracks being blown to bits by 8 really ticked off 20mm's.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2004, 10:19:31 PM »
God help us...
Mak

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2004, 10:27:42 AM »
If I have ord on me and the VH is down I will drop for sure.  But on the bomber hangars, not the last FH when the field is caped.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2004, 11:10:02 AM »
Just my opinion but: All you people that keep with this ''its MY this  and its MY that..."  you are the embodiment of american arrogance and ignorance. this is why half the world hates you.

just think about what you typed and re-read it. you sound like a bunch of children in the park saying "its my football, you cant play with it!" in decent society, and moreover, in intelligent society, we find that compromise and compassion for others is the vital key element. Sure its a game, and you can do what you like, but also life is a game, so i can do what i like. how would you like it if i thought the ideal use of my day would be to sexualy abuse your children? think about your actions and realise your unbelieveably ignorant in your attitude to others.

on the subject of base porkage, i dont really care, i just find somewhere i can get into dogfights and furballs, but seriously guys, think of others when you have your 1 minute of 'fun'.:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 04:04:59 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »
HAHAHA Mechanic! I love your quote dude! The one from Rudyard

So true !

:D
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2004, 11:16:56 AM »
lol morph, the guy was a genius :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.