Author Topic: WW2OL Revisited  (Read 5836 times)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #330 on: September 26, 2002, 04:53:42 PM »
Fishu-

Let me start by saying I've really had absolutely no problem with you in this thread other than the one point I discussed earlier (that is, the tendency to start a WWIIOL/AH comparison when it isn't valid). I think you have been earnest.

This however would be a different story:

All you're asked, is to be objective, let the people find out whether they like it and not put the words in their mouth already before they've tried it.

So if I gather you right, it wouldn't be ok to post a glowing report of WWIIOL in this OT? You mean if we do, you or HC will come in here and say "Don't put words in their mouths, let them find out themselves!" Of course you wouldn't, you'd be just fine with that. No... it is the two of you that are attempting to stifle the free expression of valid opinions because they happen to oppose your own.

Fact is, people did find out on their own, and they came back here and wrote about it from their perspective... and in charges you and HC to tell them they are wrong. What's wrong with this picture?

In your defense, I think you are really trying to honestly do what you said. HC on the other hand is beginning to show a tendency to twist words and be deceitful and hypocritical, with the final effect of having totally lost any credibility he might have possessed on the topic. He is now simply trolling- ironic given his past stance on trollers on the WWIIOL BBS.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #331 on: September 26, 2002, 04:55:26 PM »
BTW, HC, where is that review? ;)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #332 on: September 26, 2002, 04:56:18 PM »
I know what the word means fishu.  I don't believe either you or hardcase did until you looked it up and posted the definition.

You can be objective and still be negative.  You can be objective and still be positive.  Two people can look at the same thing objectively and come up on different sides of the positive/negative scale.  No matter how objectively you look at something, at some point, you're going to have to run observations through a value system.

I re-read the first post in this thread again... and am missing the bias that is seemingly assumed.

AKDejaVu

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2002, 04:57:51 PM »
where did I say I was talking for all players?

objectivity? bah no such thing. Do you think you are objective?

If anything my opinion is "more" objective then yours since I have no interest at all if wwiiol suceeds or fails.

You and Hardcase do, therefore you can not be objective.

Read my 1st post in this thread. I gave an aar of my last sortie in wwiol then explained why I was cancelling my account again. You and hardcase tried to imply that the reasons I gave were

1. the result of me lying
2. being to stupid to figure the game out
3. hating wwiiol and wanting them to fail.

Finally it was shown that all the bugs I listed were true you moved on to "well its getting better with the next release". I have heard that same spin from the 1st day I played wwiiol.

I kept a paid account there for almost 6 months waiting for it to get better. It never did.

Am I "biased"? You bet. When something is crap I tell folks its crap. Thats as far as it goes.

If wwiiol is the game you say it is you wouldnt need to keep poppin in here to counter it with a differenmt arguement.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2002, 04:58:31 PM »
absolutes..some stayed in ww2ol and didnt come back to AH
Deceit>>where? Since this is personal now, where have i ever been deceitful?

Some guy tells me how to cheat dale. Why would I want to know that?

I did a my bad. ..he wasn't asking me to cheat, he was merely telling me how.

Show the deceit

The want to fail was for Mighty..read his post and put a diff twist on it

hardcase

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #335 on: September 26, 2002, 05:01:40 PM »
what makes you think this is being done with a "need" to do it? Wishful thinking?

There i go again putting words in peoples mouths. There you go again assuming motives for starters.

Wonder how many other ppl ARE taking the info and using it.  I wonder how many would cheat ww2ol if they could. Can I post that in ww2ol. I wont be encouraging them to cheat, I will be merely passing on info.

hardcase
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 05:03:52 PM by hardcase »

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #336 on: September 26, 2002, 05:11:03 PM »
Every time you twist away on the issue brought forth, you are being deceitful.

Every time you say you don't know about gameplay issues that anyone playing the game and reading the boards as much as you do (Luger snipers?) is being deceitful.

Every time you knock an honest review as merely biased or ignorant, you are being deceitful.

You know the truth. You know they are speaking the truth. I'm convinced now that isn't the point with you, never really was. Keep inviting those swimmers into the surf, don't tell them about the glass.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #337 on: September 26, 2002, 05:12:46 PM »
BTW, where's your review? Too chicken to do it? ;)

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #338 on: September 26, 2002, 05:23:03 PM »
knocking opinions is deceitful? Soo many ppl have sooo many problems with THEIR machines..I have been doing techy for the last year. Updates behind, drivers poorly installed, firewalls in the way lots of things that ppl blame on the sim and call "bugs" So, I'l always be around when opinions are posted.

BTW..I really didn't know about the luger AND the frenchy gun. I live in the community forum. Why would I lie? Would you like ppl to believe I am lying? Will that bolster your position? Prolly lots of bugs I dont know about, dont see when I do run across em, some things bugged I dont even play. Sapper..prolly 3 times in a year.

hardcase

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #339 on: September 26, 2002, 05:24:43 PM »
review of ww2ol? or ah?

I am too close to ww2ol to give it a balanced review. Others are too lightly in it to give it balance also.

But

lastest is in PC Games UK mag for ww2ol..

Found out there is a 3 page review in a french gaming mag and a 1 page in another for ww2ol.I'll try and get a translation for you.
PC Games gave it a 70%. Warts and all. It is in english.

hardcase
« Last Edit: September 26, 2002, 05:31:18 PM by hardcase »

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #340 on: September 26, 2002, 05:28:19 PM »
Those same people, OTOH, can run virtually any other game they want to.

Indeed, it's the game. The code *IS* poorly written.

And before you imply my system is fugged up, I build my own, am a hardware/software tech, and have been troubleshooting own computers for over 9 years now.
-SW

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #341 on: September 26, 2002, 05:29:23 PM »
HC, you are mistaken, I think I have been very patient. I don't believe I have a position to bolster here at all.

Since you apparently don't know what I am talking about WRT "review", it's obvious you don't completely read anything... which explains why you miss things on the BBS you frequent that anyone who reads the boards even occasionally knows about.

Here it is again in fewer words to help you out... since you are not happy with our reviews, write a WWIIOL review of your own.

In case you skip over this, I will repeat it for you.

Since you are not happy with our reviews, write a WWIIOL review of your own.

Can you find the question now? ;)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #342 on: September 26, 2002, 05:31:36 PM »
Kieran,

Like I said, I'm not objecting to them stating their opinion.
I just don't like the way some says it, in very bad way.

Theres been a straight lie or two, unneeded exageration, unreasonable expectations put on developers...
I haven't objected to single good argument and with some I have agreed out loud and not kept all the agreement in my mind only.

One can express his opinion in any manner he likes, but wouldn't it be much better to do it with some consideration and with respect towards the others?

I have tried and will try my best to keep respect towards the others (with one definite exception)
However I might not sound all so respectable at times when I do try to keep it respectable - that is due to culturacial differencies and foreign language. (Finns are more straightward with the speaking.. bit hard to explain properly though)

AKdejavu,

Some people here hasn't been discussing objectively when 'stating their opinion' of WWIIOL.
Objectively means the person will not lie, exagerate nor have unreasonable expectations for one, but not for the other and he will also objectively read others posts.
This should work both ways, then it works the best.

Wotan,

I didn't claim you would talking for all the players, I were just reminding of the other people outside the discussion.

I don't remember you would have lied, haven't either implied you of lying as far as I remember.
What I remember is that you took that claim from the time when I were talking in general and you mistook it as if I were sort of hinting "you have done so", never named you though.
Didn't I already try to fix the misunderstanding after the first time you referred on the "claim" of lying?

What was the problem with your AAR, was the talk about luger sniping.
Played the game, studied on the issue more than just relying on the playskoolists talking, I don't agree with it.
Have talked with gun collectors and researched quite a bit about WWII weapons myself, I see the pistols working within the limits of real life.
Pistol shouldn't either work anymore to clip tanks and if does, it should be reported and I'm sure CRS will fix it as they have so far done, with good results on that particular issue.

However I've never said it would get fixed right in the next release.
From the experience I thought the time it would take for something to be fixed.
Lots of things said here have been fixed long time ago, and some has been stil kept insisted after saying about it.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #343 on: September 26, 2002, 05:31:55 PM »
...and no fair cutting-n-pasting someone else's work. The issue is whether or not you can be unbiased. Be careful, I guarantee I will pick through it with a fine-tooth comb.

You're about to be measured by the same stick you wield... assuming you have the guts to write one.

Offline hardcase

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
WW2OL Revisited
« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2002, 05:32:15 PM »
reread the post..My review prolly would be as biased as yours.
read the pc game review.

hardcase