Author Topic: re-thinking La7 use.  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2002, 02:21:00 PM »
I love La7's. I have 'em painted all over my Yak.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2002, 02:22:33 PM »
Yup .. I fly that "UBER" FM2 that won't fly faster than 295 mph level. :D

Just about eveyone of those kills in the FM2 was well earned (a few vulches in there :rolleyes: )

Those La-7 kills are mostly base defense and if you dug a little deeper you will see how many C-47s I have wasted (I would say that the majority of them are while flying the La-7).

Edit:

Numbers ... hmmmm ... don't have any .. sorry. I am not whining that there are too many of these skilless popsicle planes, I could care less, just wanted to pass on my observations.

I think that the trend has swayed from the Spit/La-7 horde to the run-90 and run-O-9 horde.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2002, 02:28:42 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2002, 02:22:57 PM »
The La-7 is a lousy airplane

every time it crossed the path of my lightning it died

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2002, 02:25:46 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Those La-7 kills are mostly base defense and if you dug a little deeper you will see how many C-47s I have wasted (I would say that the majority of them are while flying the La-7).

slapshot has 22 kills and has been killed 0 times in the La-7 against the C-47A.  NOt a majority but still a bunch of broken hearted mishun players :)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2002, 02:31:47 PM »
Dale will make what he feels are the necessary tweaks to his game and guess what........we won't have alot to say about it and we will still play and have fun.

Those who can't deal with it will leave and new players will fill their places and have fun and the life of this product will continue until exhausted.

It's always been this way and it will continue...so far for me, nothing takes place in the game that I can't overlook or adjust to.

I do agree with lazs and the others to some degree, I guess I just have accepted what HTC has given us, a great game/sim with a vibrant community for the low low price of $14.95/month. It's not perfect, but neither are we...well, at least you guys aren't:)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2002, 02:33:18 PM »
"slapshot has 22 kills and has been killed 0 times in the La-7 against the C-47A. NOt a majority but still a bunch of broken hearted mishun players"

Almost 1/3 of my La-7 kills !!! :D

The rest is defense with a smattering of "letsflythisfortheheckofit" kills.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2002, 02:48:59 PM »
some may have missed the point of my post... I enjoy a good, even or nearly even fight with a lot of numbers of planes involved...   For that type of action I don't care to fly the La nor, do I fear one  But.....

I have faced facts... when there is no action save the 'missun' gangbang...  why frustrate yourself?   fly a late war, very fast plane and get a kill or two and run like hell.  

sure... it ain't as fun as real fights but it beats cryin about it and fighting an uphill and frustrating battle.   When a good fight develops I can allways get out of the La 7 pig and jump into an FM2 or -1A and have a good time.

Certainly I would rather see more good fights but will be satisfied (or something resembling satisfied) with killing a couple of planes every half hour or so in the La or 51b.
lazs

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2002, 02:56:55 PM »
Originally posted by Shane

by "correctly" i take it to mean hanging around in CV acks near an enema base, trying to get the odd ping in on the inevitable lemming runs to help earn perkies to go along with all the prox kills due to the aforementioned acks?

:D

Flown correctly: Grab 15-20k, ambush anything below you.

Tell ya what, meet me in the TA sometime, we'll both grab one and you'll see just how remarkable the SBD really is.;)

Tell me, how many of these do you find flying in the ack of a CV?

Yak-9U
 SpitV
 C.205
 SpitIX
 N1K2
 Bf 109G2
 Hurricane Mk.I
 Yak-9T
 Fw 190D-9
 F4U-4

I have multiple kills on nearly all of those. I've shot down P-51s at 25k, Jugs at 10-15k. I'm as likely to fly the SBD from a land base as from a CV. However, Karnak was there the other night when we were operating off of a CV. He could vouch for how I fly the SBD; high CAP, getting lots of kills and yeah, an ack assisted kill now and then. By the same token, I've lost a few SBDs to friendly ack chasing Ju 88s. Generally speaking, it's a wash.

Geez Shane, get out of the dweeb rides a try a "real man's" airplane! :D 250 mph (if you have 10 minutes), 1,500 ft/min climb (if light fuel and no ord), with just two little MGs....  

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2002, 02:58:11 PM »
Laz...

unforunately we've reached the point "we've" always shot for...
a "realistic" arena. WW2 air combat was all about numbers and engaging with the advantage...and thats what we have. Truthfully even though we fly ww2 planes the enviornment has been more WW1. The days of individual combats and great 1-2, 2-2,2-3 and so on are pretty much gone in the MA...at least they were as of a few months ago when I last flew. We've got a great sim...it's just not the one some of us were looking for.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2002, 03:01:57 PM »
Originally posted by humble
Laz...

unforunately we've reached the point "we've" always shot for...
a "realistic" arena. WW2 air combat was all about numbers and engaging with the advantage...and thats what we have. Truthfully even though we fly ww2 planes the enviornment has been more WW1. The days of individual combats and great 1-2, 2-2,2-3 and so on are pretty much gone in the MA...at least they were as of a few months ago when I last flew. We've got a great sim...it's just not the one some of us were looking for.

You still get this in the big map, but then "the other guys" scream.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Re: re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2002, 03:03:06 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
Let's face it... It is part of the planeset and it is available to all in the arena.   If not for the P51, D9, tempest  and a few "perk" planes it would really stand out as a dweeb ride of choice but...

The arena has become a lot more "timid" lately (you know who you are).   I don't know if it is the newfound love of (cough) "strat" and "missuns"or the fact that the pizza map made people more aware of those lonely fights and how they turn out if you are in a slow plane a long way from home.

The new "strat" is simply gangbanging.  nothing more nothing less.   Motives matter not to me it is the result.   The result is that a horde of planes comes in and overewhelms a base with sheer numbers.   The More "timid" of the horde allow the suicide (is suicide typhie a bish initiation rite?)  flyers to kill themselves first so that their vultching is risk free...  boring, and flavored with very few kills but... risk free.

Now... If you take off from another base to "vultch the vultchers"  you have to pick a plane to do it in.   if you pick a spit or even a -1a you can swoop in and kill a couple but then...  yu face the long ride home with a conga line of fast and kill starved vultchers chasing you down.   They are the last of the group that was in the "missun" so... many are in 190's and 51's and have gotten to maybe take one or two half hearted B&Z shots at enemy planes in the last 10-20 minutes and are frantic to chase you down and get a risk free kill (the only kind they will attempt).

Sooo... I been upping in a lag once in a while in those situations.  very satisfying to hit the fat lazy vutchers in the lag..  sure, you can only get one or maybe two before you have to bug out but.... it is so gratifying to see the conga line of cowardly missun types peel off one by one as they realize that thier meal is escaping.
lazs

Not too bad, Lazs. ;)  Your note registers about 6 on my whineometer. :)

Missions are fun, Lazs; only doofus poopie heads furball. :)

curly

Offline Turbot

• Silver Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2002, 03:03:37 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing

Flown correctly: Grab 15-20k, ambush anything below you.

Tell ya what, meet me in the TA sometime, we'll both grab one and you'll see just how remarkable the SBD really is.;)

Haha I thought you were joking :eek:

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
Re: Re: re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2002, 03:11:47 PM »
Originally posted by AKcurly

Not too bad, Lazs. ;)  Your note registers about 6 on my whineometer. :)

Missions are fun, Lazs; only doofus poopie heads furball. :)

curly

lol, funny you should say poopie head.

Nopoop just joined the BK's. :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
re-thinking La7 use.
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2002, 03:51:20 PM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
The La-7 is a lousy airplane

every time it crossed the path of my lightning it died

really?  you totally sure of that?

you're 16-7 vs them in your turd-he-ate.  hardly stellar performance, considering you're a bish.

otoh, i'm 53-7 vs 38's in an la7.

i recall one of those 53 being you, while you had an alt advantage on me.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
You wont see me in the Lazs-7
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2002, 03:55:00 PM »
Lazs, I wondered what the hell you were doing in a Lazs-7.

If I were flying a Lazs-7, which I never do, any results I got in the form of kills would be counteracted by the total lack of a challenge.

Urchin is probably right. People here don't want to have to try too hard. They want easy kills. They're probably not interested in ACM or even WW2. Just line 'em up and shoot 'em down. :rolleyes: I'm wondering for how long HTC will be able to sustain this policy of "bums on seats". :confused:

I'm hoping we'll get a Mission Arena so that we can avoid the gangbang-vulch-HO-furball-game-the-game-fly-till-u-die crap.