Author Topic: CT Regulars, Who Are You?  (Read 3860 times)

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
CT Regulars, Who Are You?
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2003, 06:50:10 PM »
bump

Offline daflea

• Zinc Member
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2003, 03:34:02 AM »
call sign:daflea
Sqd: 325th FG..
Name: Dan
 E-mail address:dshepetis@ec.rr.com
Live in North Carolina, transplanted Yankee from Minnesota.
Married 40 years, two childern, 5 grandkids
What do you do for a living: Reserch for an author/co-authoring book, Retired 22 years in Marine Corps MGySgt, mos 2149, Tanks, selfpropelled guns, APCs, anti-tank weapons...Three years in country Nam, combat arms, 1965-1967, 1968-1969. Retired from nursing field, in home heath care( visiting nurse) spinal injuries, MS,MD, etc. Fire service instructor (to old to do that anymore).
Ambitions:just once I'ed like to beat Shane in the air.
Hobbys: computers, puter games, woodworking.:p

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2003, 09:48:46 AM »
Semper Fi, daflea

2/7  93-97  0351

few of of Formers running around here, look forward to winging with you.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2003, 10:16:29 AM »
Originally posted by daflea
call sign:daflea
Sqd: 325th FG..
Name: Dan
 E-mail address:dshepetis@ec.rr.com
Live in North Carolina, transplanted Yankee from Minnesota.
Married 40 years, two childern, 5 grandkids
What do you do for a living: Reserch for an author/co-authoring book, Retired 22 years in Marine Corps MGySgt, mos 2149, Tanks, selfpropelled guns, APCs, anti-tank weapons...Three years in country Nam, combat arms, 1965-1967, 1968-1969. Retired from nursing field, in home heath care( visiting nurse) spinal injuries, MS,MD, etc. Fire service instructor (to old to do that anymore).
Ambitions:just once I'ed like to beat Shane in the air.
Hobbys: computers, puter games, woodworking.:p

A male nurse experienced with REALLY big guns, I love it!

Too old to work in the fire service?  Naw!  I used to fight fires in Alaska with a guy who was even older, he also had had a quadruple bypass surgery...  Come to think of it, we used to worry like hell about him on the fire ground.  Also worked with a couple of grey haired old laidies, but they could hold their own pretty well.
I also do wood working.

eskimo

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2003, 05:43:42 PM »
bump

eskimo

Offline Tuck

• Copper Member
      • http://hometown.aol.com/tuck0006/
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2003, 11:04:40 PM »
Wow...I feel like i'm filling out an application for a job at Burger King....  

Your Aces High call sign? It's significance? Tuck.  My fraternity nickname that's stuck with me since college. (TKE for life.)

Your Aces High squad? Was the Lawndarts, but after many many years, it finally fizzled out, and I'm flying solo.

Your name? Scott

Your age? 33

Your Email? fscottthomas@earthlink.net or tuck0006@aol.com

Where do you live? Currently assigned to Virginia

Where else have you lived? Georgia, Pennsylvania, England, and originally from Chattanooga, Tennessee.

What do you do for a living? U.S. Deptartment of Justice

What is your marital/family status? Single, never married (I'm too ugly.)

What schools have you attended? U.T.

What degrees do you have? B.S. CRMJ/POLS

What are your hobbies? Aviation (Duh.)

What other flight sims have you been involved in? Your call sign and squad in that sim? AW.  Tuck

Do you have any other connection to aviation or WWII? Private pilot (Cherokee).  I've ALWAYS loved WWII aircraft, even as a little kiddie...It's what got me into aviation in the first place.

Other interesting things about yourself. I was born a poor black child in Alabama, but was adopted by Michael Jackson and look as I do today thanks to his patented skin treatment.  I escaped from the Jackson compound when he bought the remains of the Elephant Man, and joined a traveling circus.  I was employed as the servant for the midget troupe that traveled with the show for a number of years, but left because I got tired of all the "big people" jokes.  I was engaged to be married after leaving the circus and starting school at U.T., but she was mangled by a pack of rabid gophers before the wedding, and I've been the single old bastard that I am today since.  
:D

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2003, 09:10:43 AM »
Nice one tuck.  Where you at in arlington?  I live near Courthouse Metro.  We have a squaddy in Fairfax and another at andrews airforce base.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2003, 07:24:56 PM »
Originally posted by Andijg

BTY: The term for you Grandfathers job dring the landing craft is: COXSIN.

Hey Andi, its acutally COXSWAIN and pronounced COX-sun.  I know I am a little late on it but, hey, I AM Navy, we are late to everything except payday!!  ;-)
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline kesolei

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2003, 08:07:28 PM »
Huh, just saw this thread and hey- I'm late to jump on the boat, but better late than never, eh? 'sides.. Tuck was late too. :D

My nickname in game is Kesolei, though everyone shortens it to 'kes' or 'keso'. kes are my initials, and 'solei' is french for sun. Slap it together and- You get kesolei!

I'm a member of the JG3 in the CT, and I stay as far away from the MA as is possible. So I eh, don't have a squad there. ;)

My name is Kaylan (K-lan, as someone spelled it in a very old yearbook of mine..), and I'm a youngin'. Coming up on 20, and I live in Southwest Michigan, which is actually pretty nice despite being yankee-land. Its the only place I've ever lived, really, which is kinda sad.. but hey, I'm young and this is home. Within the next year or two I'll be transplanting myself down to either Kentucky or D/FW in Texas, we'll see what happens!

I'm a student right now, but I do a lot of volunteer work at a local equestrian center that lets under-priveledged and at-risk kids get up on a horses back for an hour and learn a bit about them.. which is always fun. I also play substitute art-teacher at my old high-school when Jill's going to be gone.

I am currently with everyone's favorite Macchi, unfortunately separated by distance while I finish up some stupid stuff up here, aaand hopefully we'll be married within the next few years. :) T'would be the plan anyway. Together we've got 3 youngin's, 2 boys and a girl.. I don't envy him dealing with them alone right now. :eek:

I'm an artist in my freetime and have sold (yay!) 1 oil painting in my career, and have had that same piece used to advertise a local art-hop as well as a local art show (which it was in, then traveled with a selected few around the state). I've also been asked to do the cover for a book, although not much has materialized out of that /yet/.. I do all types of stuff though, 2d, 3d and textile.. s'all good to me! :) My other love is Horses, both riding and just playing around in the pastures with them.

Aces is my first flight sim, after having listened to Macchi talk about it since practically the first conversation 2 years ago.. (okay, maybe not the *first* one, but it seemed like it!) he finally convinced me to give it a shot and I'm hooked. Now he has to shaaare. Hahaha! ;)

That's prolly enough about me, so, I'm done. :)

Ah, wait. Picture.

There, that'd be me. Yes, its cut off.. but you try taking a photo of yourself using the bathroom counter as the tripod! It aint easy, let me tell you..
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 01:14:05 PM by kesolei »

Offline wolf05

• Copper Member
      • http://jagd3udet.org
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2003, 08:41:08 PM »
Your Aces High call sign?
                      TwoDogs5

It's significance?
                      It is what everyone has called me since I convinced an urban cowboy type down at OUR local bar not to tell the Indian joke of the same name to someone who carries Cheyenne and Cherokee blood. (Also English, Irish, Norwegian, German, and Pennsylvania Dutch).

Your Aces High squad?
                        JG 3 Udet in the CT
                        Hells Angels in the MA

Your name?
                        Joseph A. Mathis

Your age?
                        52 years this may 2003.

Your Email?
                        latigo@midrivers.com
                        twodogs52@iwon.com

Where do you live?
                        Bull Mountains, Montana

Where else have you lived?
                        Pennsylvania, Connecticutt, Lake Tahoe,
Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, and all up and down the state of California.

What do you do for a living?
                        I am Disabled and Retired.
Injured on the job during duty as a safety officer.
Primary job title was equipment and electrical maintenence technician.

What is your marital/family status?
                        My significant other is my chilhood sweetheart and first love. We share her three boys and they call me dad.

What schools have you attended?
                        Too many to count, we moved a lot when I  was  young, as my fathers business kept us traveling for several years.

What degrees do you have?
                        AA in electronics, AA in computer maintenence.

What are your hobbies?
                        Leatherworking, Hunting, fishing, horseback riding, animal training (big and small), making tommahawks, knives, Lances, Shields, and Indian bead jewelry to sell at the mountain man rendezvouz, riding more horses, computer graphics and web design, and now I am hooked on sim flying.

What other flight sims have you been involved in?
                        NONE!

Your call sign and squad in that sim?                      
                        NONE!
Do you have any other connection to aviation or WWII?
                        Father was a navigator onboard a subchaser. Has some very interesting stories to tell about his tours of duty in the waters off of New Guinea. He went in when he was 16 years old.

Other interesting things about yourself.
                        I am just an ordinary guy that has done a lot of different things in my life. I like to think of myself as being pretty normal. With the exception of my overly independant ways.
I left home for good when I was sixteen too, and traveled all over the USA. I finall returned to California and at the young age of eighteen, married my first wife. Been married and divorced twice.
If they dont eat their mushrooms, I'm outta there. lol:D

Offline wolf05

• Copper Member
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2003, 08:44:00 PM »
Your Aces High call sign?
                      TwoDogs5

It's significance?
                      It is what everyone has called me since I convinced an urban cowboy type down at OUR local bar not to tell the Indian joke of the same name to someone who carries Cheyenne and Cherokee blood. (Also English, Irish, Norwegian, German, and Pennsylvania Dutch).

Your Aces High squad?
                        JG 3 Udet in the CT
                        Hells Angels in the MA

Your name?
                        Joseph A. Mathis

Your age?
                        52 years this may 2003.

Your Email?
                        latigo@midrivers.com
                        twodogs52@iwon.com

Where do you live?
                        Bull Mountains, Montana

Pennsylvania, Connecticutt, Lake Tahoe,
Oregon, Nevada, New Mexico, and all up and down the state of California.

I am Disabled and Retired.
Injured on the job during duty as a safety officer.
Primary job title was equipment and electrical maintenence technician.

My significant other is my chilhood sweetheart and first love. We share her three boys and they call me dad.

Too many to count, we moved a lot when I  was  young, as my fathers business kept us traveling for several years.

AA in electronics, AA in computer maintenence.

What are your hobbies?
                        Leatherworking, Hunting, fishing, horseback riding, animal training (big and small), making tommahawks, knives, Lances, Shields, and Indian bead jewelry to sell at the mountain man rendezvouz, riding more horses, computer graphics and web design, and now I am hooked on sim flying.

What other flight sims have you been involved in?
                        NONE!

Your call sign and squad in that sim?                      
                        NONE!
                        Father was a navigator onboard a subchaser. Has some very interesting stories to tell about his tours of duty in the waters off of New Guinea. He went in when he was 16 years old.

I am just an ordinary guy that has done a lot of different things in my life. I like to think of myself as being pretty normal. With the exception of my overly independant ways.
I left home for good when I was sixteen too, and traveled all over the USA. I finally returned to California and at the young age of eighteen, married my first wife. Been married and divorced twice.
If they dont eat their mushrooms, I'm outta there. lol:D

Offline wolf05

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2003, 08:44:43 PM »
ooooooops!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2003, 09:39:36 PM »
Can you train me a bear? Or a Cougar?:D

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2003, 10:08:23 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Can you train me a bear? Or a Cougar?:D

No, but he can train you a gay cannibal! That's what you deserve slash :D

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
Late as well, but hey... so was Kes!
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2003, 03:41:47 AM »
Your Aces High call sign? It's significance?
Saw. Short for Saintaw. Was originaly "Saint" in my Falcon 4 Squad... started posting on BBSs from the office, hence... Saint At Work.

Your Aces High squad?
MA: Abbeville Kids. CT: We fly Nakid!

Your name?
Alain Poitevin (I dare you 'muricans spell that right!)

Your age?

Your Email?
saw_at_onpoi.net

Where do you live?
Currently in Brussels, Belgium, Yurop.

Long list here... Was raised in Djakarta Indonesia, we then moved to Tokyo(jp), Kyoto(jp), Hong-Kong(PRC), Kinshassa(Zaire), Porto Tores (Italy), Lousville KY(US) Mons (Be), Oxford(Uk), Swindon(Uk).... and should now be moving in Seattle WA by the end of august.

Web developer.(code crunching, not the fancy graphics titchy witchy part... yuk!) Was in IT maintenance before that.

Divorced, don't wanna hear about wimin.

Bailed after High School

HS

What are your hobbies?
Puter Games, coding...

What other flight sims have you been involved in? Your call sign and squad in that sim?
I think I tried almost every sim that came out since 1990's but only two online: Saint in Falcon 4 squad "186Th Wardogs" Was flying with Heater, who managed to drag me here... I blame HIM for this! :D
Been in Aces High since Beta 0.4*

Nope, was a Jed Dweeb before I came here.
I can't stand in the same spot for more than 3 years.
I speak French, Engrish, Italian & Dutch... can make funny signs to get food in Japanese, German, Swahili and Spanish.
 My big plan is to retire in Anchorage Alaska one day. A hut, a dog & a rifle.. that's all I need!

Oh and yeah... be affraid, be vewy affraid, here comes the picture:
(Apar is to the right, holding the dog.... I'm the one with the blue skin to the left.)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 03:50:55 AM by Saintaw »
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.