Author Topic: Religious T-shirts  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2002, 09:12:57 PM »
"Why aren't you wearing one?"

Man, good move by walking away.  I probably would have lost it and thrown every gripe I have at her concerning her ways.  Her comment right there is an insult to me.  

I absolutely hate someone forcing their beliefs/religion on me.  If they want to gain followers, they can simply present their information like a display in a shop window.  They remind me of annoying salesmen when they do that sort of thing.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2002, 11:45:01 PM »
Texace, you asked about the purpose of the shirts, and I answered.  I hope the answer was satisfactory.

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2002, 11:58:13 PM »
Forget religious T-shirts!

What would jesus do? panties
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2002, 07:08:11 AM »
"Because I don't feel the need to announce my religion to the world..."

Ah! There it is... a backhanded slap at her faith. But you knew that, right? Anyway... yup, she should have played it cool and just thanked you for the compliment. She didn't. Sorry for that.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2002, 07:56:49 AM »
The reason WHY so many have lost faith is pretty darn simple. CHristanity as it is now is mired in medival concepts. Why cant one see a possiable relationship between science and religion?
Perhaps in the long run we'll find out that they were really the same thing?

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2002, 08:04:17 AM »
Ah! There it is... a backhanded slap at her faith. But you knew that, right? Anyway... yup, she should have played it cool and just thanked you for the compliment. She didn't. Sorry for that.

BS. It was not an attack on her faith - it was a comment about the nature in which she advertised it. And considering she questioned the guy for not wearing one in the first place, she deserved it.

Sorry you're so sensitive about it. Keep your beliefs to yourself and amongst those like you, and I'm sure no-one will get hurt.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2002, 08:44:12 AM »
Originally posted by funkedup
If you found a way to achieve eternal life, wouldn't you want to share it with others?

Why would I want to walk around with the same people, day after day, forever?  Its all I can do to tolerate my coworkers for 10 hours a day 5 days a week, and at least I know that someday I'll reach the magic number in age or years of service and be able to get the hell out!

Offline Samm

• Silver Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2002, 08:46:15 AM »
There is only one god and Muhammad is his prophet .

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2002, 08:49:37 AM »
Sorry you're so sensitive about it. Keep your beliefs to yourself and amongst those like you, and I'm sure no-one will get hurt.

Oooh, nice implied threat, and from a Brit, no less. The irony.

Not sensitive, I said the woman was wrong, but tex wasn't exactly innocent, either, as he suggested.

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2002, 09:27:27 AM »
Oooh, nice implied threat, and from a Brit, no less. The irony.

I was threatening you? I think you just stamped Q.E.D. over my statement about you being over-sensitive. I was talking about feelings.

Kindly explain this 'irony' to me. Please remember today's date is November 11th, so if you are about to accuse the British of cowardice or lack of fighting spirit or plain old 'guts', please also remember the one and a half million dead British soldiers in WW1, the half a million or so dead in WW2.

FFS, the Yanks reckon they've got the market cornered when it comes to sacrifice, bravery and all that bollocks.:rolleyes:

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2002, 09:28:38 AM »
The reason few christians get involved in threads like these is that they are usually put in a no-win situation. Pointing out the insecurity and weakness of most atheists probably isn't going to convert anyone. And you are percieved as being on the same side as anyone who "claims" they are a christian, which is not a good thing either.

Originally posted by Samm
There is only one god and Muhammad is his prophet .

The koran has a lot of bible in it. Did you know that?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2002, 09:32:37 AM by hblair »

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2002, 09:32:22 AM »
Pointing out the insecurity and weakness of most atheists probably isn't going to convert anyone.

Pointing out the insecurity and weakness of most Christians isn't going to 'convert' anyone either, so I rarely bother.

I personally don't need a crutch to get out of bed in the morning and like my life and most things in it. Wish I had a better car though, but everyone says that. ;)

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2002, 09:36:37 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding (Work)
Pointing out the insecurity and weakness of most Christians isn't going to 'convert' anyone either, so I rarely bother.

I agree, on the whole, a good portion of those who call themselves "christian" are somewhat insecure and weak.

Originally posted by Dowding (Work)
I personally don't need a crutch to get out of bed in the morning and like my life and most things in it. Wish I had a better car though, but everyone says that. ;)

I am also fortunate to be in good health and do not have any use for crutches. My wifes car is ok, but I drive a beater.

Offline Dowding (Work)

• Nickel Member
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2002, 09:40:19 AM »
Heh, Hblair. Heard that comeback to that comment of mine, plenty of times. ;) I had lots of Christian friends at uni, and they repeatedly tried to convert me by persuading me to abandon my sinful lifestyle. They never succeeded, but we are still friends.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Religious T-shirts
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2002, 09:48:07 AM »
I wish to suggest that an atheist who is charitable and does good things is a better person then a Christian (or other religious type) who does the same thing.  The reason, unlike a religious person, an atheist expects no reward for their actions.  They just do it because they think it's the right thing, not because there are consequences to being bad.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis