Author Topic: Arrogant Unnecessary B.S. in the MA  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Arrogant Unnecessary B.S. in the MA
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2002, 07:32:14 PM »
"After I got fleet I got the following messages from bodhi, "Stop being a dickhead, give us fleet back". I have a respect to other players in AH, and always ready to discuss any possible issue, but person who want to discuss something need to be able to do so. In a following few minutes I got several insultes from bodhi and mrwulf." posted by Fariz

I NEVER called you a name when you took the fleet.  The only time I said anything after asking you to please return the fleet, was when you refused to return the fleet and told us to "Stop wasting our time"  I will have you know, my time is my own to waste... I pay my $14.95 just like everyone else.  The problem here exists with you removing a CV involved in an assault in which multiple people were also enjoying, and when asked nicely to return command you promptly replied, "I am tired of having to tell you people to stop wasting time in the North."  

Well guess what, thats a bs answer Fariz, and it was arrogant and pompous, and the reason why numerous people in here can not stand your type.  Now I asked nicely, did not call you a name on the air, not until here did I say anything derogatory.  So fess up, and stop trying to make it sound as if you did nothing, when it is YOUR actions that caused this incident, and not mine.  

And as for saying Wulf was rude, that man was more than nice and yet you still were an arrogant pompous ass.  Thats the issue here, your inability to behave like a decent human being, that and our inability to enjoy an afternoon objective without someone being a little emperor.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2002, 07:35:36 PM »
I still remember my first encounter with him.  It was almost exactly as you described.  And for a while I was thinking exactly like you are.

However, now that I know better, it's clear to me that he was right about it. Fariz is one of the few players who is able to get things done, and deserves his rank.

Offline gatso

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2002, 08:19:56 PM »
If you will log now to MA, you will see rooks being resetted at the moment

By the nits...

c31 is about to get on position to attack one of the nits north bases. From the strat point of view it was not worthy

Well guess what.. we just NDisles by one base and we didn't hold A28! Every enemy base, at any time, is worthy.

Fariz, I didn't stick around for long but I did hear on open coms a couple of guys ask politely why the fleet had been taken by someone who had no intention of using it. Please post the film and I'll believe they called you a 'dickhead', not before.

24 didn't need it. It takes more than 1/2 an hour to get to 24 and It's useless for that time. If the nits didn't take it within 1/2 an hour whats the point? Amazingly enough your not the only person that looks at the overall situation. Your just the most vocal, which can be GD annoying. You stick your head out be prepared to have it cut off.

It is not a new tactics, it is a proven one

In you opinion. I bloody hate it when toejam like this gets presented as 'fact' rather than just what some bloke in front of his computer thinks. 'We never reset the north blah blah blah' Who cares, well you obviously. 28 was there, the assets were in place to take it. A bunch of people wanted to take it. You have no right to be telling anyone what they should be doing. So what if it gets attacked then. Thats the whole point you plonker. Its FUN.

When it is possible I try to put it all to more mature level

And succeed only in annoying a lot of people. Time to consider changing. Size 10 boots for size 9 feet.

Gatso

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2002, 11:52:54 PM »
Well Bodhi, I see your point of view. And you have a right to be upset, you were having fun and had the rug pulled out from underneath you. But the CV's are set up to be taken command by the highest ranking player, and there is not much that can be done about that.It sux, but what can ya do? I suggest not to start an attack from a CV. They can't take an airfield away from ya:)
Don't forget, that high ranking player pays $14.95 a month too, and he might be playing to win the game. As far as switching sides and sinking the CV, well, that can't be stopped either. But I wouldn't suggest it. What I might do is call HTC and voice your opinion. I like that idea of voting a new captain of CV, great idea.Or do away with someone taking over a CV from another player who already has command. Don't get mad at fariz, HTC makes the rules, aim a good thread at them.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2002, 12:09:30 AM »
There is one point not yet mentioned.

Task Groups are a team asset. They belong to everyone, to the extent that its use or misuse can effect everyone.

With that in mind, understand that a TG is not a personal plaything like your airplane. Getting yourself shot down has no major effect on team play. Getting the CV sunk, or having it at a location that greatly limits its value, does effect team play.

On the other hand, new players will never learn how to manage at TG unless they get a chance to command one. They will make mistakes. Some simply don't care if it get sunk, as long as they have their fun. Most players do care, knowing that their fun will end if the CV gets sunk.

Finally, your $15 does not buy the right to command a TG. It does allow you to do whatever you wish with the plane of your choice. Rank determines who commands.

So, there are two things you can do. Learn how to best employ the TG, then earn the rank to command it. Like it or not, that's how this game is structured.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2002, 01:54:13 AM »
Personally I dont care what your rank is. And seriously folks, what does rank really say about a player? Not a damn thing.

What Fariz did was wrong. Take any other situation where one player ruins the game for 15 other players and ponder the normal reactions. We all know how much Laz and Wotan appreciates the Lanc drivers who kill off all FH's that are feeding a furball. We all know how much mission planners appreciate the guy who takes out all fuel, ammo and barracks when the field is down and waiting for capture. We all know how much we like mister newbie who decided to occupy the Shore battery and refuses to leave when the enemy fleet arrives.

Rank is irrelevant if you behave like an amazinhunk. And your $15 does not buy you the right to ruin the game for other players.

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2002, 02:09:11 AM »
Originally posted by Lazer1
Fariz is good gay

naaaa you arent that bad lazer , you are quite good at it as well
:D :D :D

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2002, 02:16:02 AM »
well guys  stop this freaking discusion about your 15$ or i gonna laugh whole day.....

your social feeling is way pathetic, you should vote for some comunists next voting, if you wanna proper social system like ... fleet for all and stuff like that  ... lol
:p

whats rank about?.. quite easy Steve.... it giving an oportunity to have power for people whom need it...

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2002, 02:18:03 AM »
I know what rank is Orel. What bothers me is how some people get rank.

I mean, we have all seen some "pilots" empty their guns into their own hangars no? I wonder why...hmmm.

:)

Offline Apar

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2002, 02:31:18 AM »
Fariz, go plan a big suicide mission (very good strat that is!!) and leave the CV to plp that want to play with it. After all, we all pay $15 for the game.

;)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2002, 03:09:01 AM »
Originally posted by gatso
[BFariz, I didn't stick around for long but I did hear on open coms a couple of guys ask politely why the fleet had been taken by someone who had no intention of using it. Please post the film and I'll believe they called you a 'dickhead', not before.
[/B]

I have no film unfortunatly. I am not filming it unless it comes to a serious abuse, and this one was somewhere between mid intensite and high intensity whine. Though, if you have time, please reread this forum and think again. I will help it, this is from bodni posts on this forum.

=======
FEK YOU Fariz...

Fariz acted like an A S S H O L E

he is an arrogant, pompous ass...

yet you still were an arrogant pompous ass.

So ya know what, that little arrogant man, behind the monitor in some crappy third world country

yet you still were an arrogant pompous ass.
=======

You still need a film? You still believe the following?

=======
We tried, so very nicely and politely to be nice about it, and were promptly told to go fly for another country if we did not like it
=======

Both statement here are not true. I never saw them asking nicely, and never said them to switch to other country. It was many people online when it happened, I hope someone will come in and said the way it was.

Quite funny that I got fleet I was privated by someone "scorp" and guy said me thank for getting fleet from bodhi. He told me that bodhi got fleet from him, when he wanted to resupply the 24, and moved to 45 :) I was not online when it happened, so if you want to know it is true or not contact that guy. His nick starts with "scop" then has 4 numbers after it which I did not remembered.

Offline gorski3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2002, 03:13:04 AM »
Back to the original post...

What really gets me while writing this post is the plain arrogance of some people. I understand that fooling aroung and playing games is one thing, but flat out arrogance is another. Fighter Pilots should be brash, and to some points even egotistical, it was necessary for their survival. Know you are the best, and there is that much more wind behind your sails.

Just a guess, but i think the ego/arrogance of a fighter pilot has a lot more to do with facing death every time you fly high performance aircraft in the military.  Any ego/arrogance you find in this game is just people with mental problems.

Gorski

Offline wipass

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.secestimating.com
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2002, 03:41:28 AM »
fariz,

There is no doubt in my mind that you are a pompous ass, not for your actions in taking away a cv when others wanted to use it and you didn't, but for thinking you know better than anyone else.

And what is this rank thing that has been discussed ? how does that work ?

wipass

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2002, 03:53:08 AM »
Originally posted by wipass

And what is this rank thing that has been discussed ? how does that work ?

There are several ways to game the game to get better rank than you should have.

Just as an example, try to see if anyone has any field captures in attack mode, then ask yourself how that would be possible.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2002, 04:41:20 AM »
I can think of yet another incident some months ago, in which Fariz took the CV away, without announcement and without consultation. I don't remember which map it was, but the Bish CV was just north of a knit base. We were attacking that base when suddenly we found the CV drifting away north. I checked to see who was in command, and it was Fariz. I asked if we could have it back, and he said No - without giving a reason. When I pressed him for a reason, he pointed out that capture of that base would put Bish between a knit field to the east, and a rook field to the west. He wanted to leave the status quo so that rook and knit could fight eachother between the rook base, and the knit base which we had been trying to capture. That way we could attack bases in the north, leaving rook/knit fighting a war on two fronts. Good strategy, and I could understand entirely his reasoning.

But you know what, Fariz? The guys are right. It IS a game, others are paying their $14.95 - the least you can do if taking the CV is to announce it first, and give reasons.

We're walking a fine line here. In a true military scenario, a general or other head honcho is giving the orders and we must carry them out. I actually prefer being of service in a campaign rather than just furballing for my own selfish reasons. Makes doo-doo of my score sometimes, but that's not why I'm here. BUT...

...there are guys who just want "fun" - plink-plink-plink, oooh look, Daddy, that nasty LA7 is going down in flames. These guys like to cite that they're paying $14.95/month...

The two scenarios are diametrically opposed to eachother, and that's why we have problems of this sort.

Fariz - you are an excellent strategist and tactician, but perhaps you might want to soft-pedal on the CV captaincy. If you ARE going to move it, please announce it and give your reasons.

The other CV mismanagement that pisses me off is guys who keep turning the damn thing just as I'm about to land or take off. The other day, some guy kept turning the CV just before I reached rotate speed, making take off with 2000lbs of bombs quite impossible. I crashed 6 times!