Author Topic: luffwobble abuse?  (Read 10088 times)

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
luffwobble abuse?
« on: December 30, 2002, 08:56:44 AM »
You know... I've noticed how many seem to have a neg rep w/this BBS. Now..I've seen a couple go off the deep end but there are several who seem to approach things in a more "relaxed" manner. Why do they get nailed so hard when ever they post something they feel is incorrect?

I remember myself and TAC use to post stuff on the 38... over and over and over but I dont ever remember catching sh(* over it?

Does the mob rule? Am I smoking crack? Will there be a tomarrow? Who the hell wrote that movie Annie?

FatBat

P.S. This is simply a discussion... a thought... dont freak please.

P.S.S. Oh and I'm flying 109's alot lately..dont worry, I'm to lazy to ever do any research to try and say something is wrong. They seem to rock anyway... awesome rides.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 09:06:02 AM »
Sex , lies and videotape, thats your BBS in a nutshell.

Any chance for discussion or humor went out the window along with the " Old Community " in about 1.06 .

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2002, 09:08:54 AM »
Originally posted by batdog
Does the mob rule? Am I smoking crack? Will there be a tomarrow? Who the hell wrote that movie Annie?

Tomarrow! Tomarrow! It's only a spellcheck awaaaaaaay!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
Re: Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2002, 09:15:17 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
Tomarrow! Tomarrow! It's only a spellcheck awaaaaaaay!

Yea yea... so I put an A in place of an O....

Thanks Shane.
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2002, 09:17:54 AM »
Yea yea... so I put an A in place of an O....

Thanks Shane.

just doing my part to abuse luftwobbles.

:D
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2002, 09:31:47 AM »
just doing my part to abuse luftwobbles.

:D

Baaa.... as the troll says:

Go away little boy before I eat you.

AKDejaVu

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2002, 09:38:49 AM »
Baaa.... as the troll says:

Go away little boy before I eat you.

the troll is moving too fast to flap effectively. the fangs and fur drag coefficient are also undermodeled
« Last Edit: December 30, 2002, 09:41:58 AM by Shane »

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2002, 09:45:47 AM »
snip

Why do they get nailed so hard when ever they post something they feel is incorrect?

There's so much prejudice in this world, yanno. People see those leather jock strap and kneeboot with swagger stick and nipple ring outfits, and they just over-react ;)

culero (runs like hell)
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2002, 10:10:58 AM »
the troll is moving too fast to flap effectively. the fangs and fur drag coefficient are also undermodeled

I want data! Hard data!

FatBat

AKDejaVu

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
Re: Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2002, 10:13:08 AM »
Originally posted by culero
There's so much prejudice in this world, yanno. People see those leather jock strap and kneeboot with swagger stick and nipple ring outfits, and they just over-react ;)

culero (runs like hell)

Hey..its empowering. The only problem I have is that my leather thong maintains an bellybutton smell regardless of how many times I wash it. I gotta keep fresh ones.

FatBat

AKDejaVu

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2002, 11:39:23 AM »
Well I people are really wondering about this then it's a good thing.

Basically people see that it's ok to bash the LW. They know that if they say something that makes fun of of a LW or if they use the term Luftwhiner or anti-LW conspiracy to make fun of a person that somebody will come into the thread and share in the laughter and congradulate them on how clever and cool they are. It's no different than little kids in a playground, they want to belong and feel like a part of a group - often this is most easily done by having a designated easy target group, especially one that is distinctly defined and different. Thats why there is the term luftwhiner. You see everyone complains about the game, you said it yourself you questioned about P38, others like lazs whine endlessly about fast planes and bombers, others about LA7, aothers about Nikis. A whole group of people think P47 is supposedly porked and tons of people complain about Spit 14 model. Funked and fester quit or threaten to quit a lot.  All these certainly fit into the "allied" whines but nobody ever mentions them tigether or invents a category for them.

And then there is is the issue of HTC responsibility here or rather irresponsibility.  I have seen Hitech, the owner and head honcho here obviously, make fun of people on the BBS in public as Luftwhiners. It doesnt take a genious to see the enabling effect his stupid statements on the idiotic childish people here who want to belong to the big group and fit in. I mean if even the top guy here makes fun  of a group of people then surely they are designated target and its condoned to attack them. To bring back the playground analogy it is if a school teacher made fun of a group of kids, how whould the other kids treat that group.  And yes I think people act very childish on these boards.

Now obvously there are extreme cases of stupid whines by LW people, just as there are stupid extreme whines by everybody. and the most extrme should be dismissed of course. But since a LW guy is immideatly tied into the luftwhiner idea it just builds up while every other extreme whine is forgotten. Thus you quickly get a hostility towards any person associated with LW often when they post even a most reasonavble innocent question - they just go ahead and classfy it as luftwhine and make fun of that person. Their friends jump in and reinforce them and their behavior by statintg in some manner  how clever their use of the word luftwhiner or conspiracy was and just how really funny they are and how much this is all so good.

Anywhay this is what happends and why it seems to happend.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2002, 12:47:04 PM »
Grun... I think some indiv's in the past more or less "built" this reputation for whatever reason. I think the stigma is simply sticking to others now.

I also think that going off the deep end in response to various sarcastic remarks only fuels the fire. The attacks on HTC arent a good thing ethier. Its like saying somebodies kid is stupid lazy and useless. They might be but what parent WANTS to hear it?
If they have an question/disagreement then post it in a pure analytical manner and AVOID the personality conflicts seen on this BBS.

I also think that if an indiv posts something and have taken the time to research aka Wilbus then it would be nice to see constructive comments rather than something that simply tears down the post to personal attacks.

Comments?

FatBat

AKDejaVu

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2002, 12:47:50 PM »
And then there is is the issue of HTC responsibility here or rather irresponsibility. I have seen Hitech, the owner and head honcho here obviously, make fun of people on the BBS in public as Luftwhiners.

Back that statement up. I belive I have told some people like it is, but can't ever rember makeing light/fun of them.

Also your teacher anology is totaly bogus, My job is not a teacher, and players are not students, nor are they kids.

When akak was complaining about the 38 & 50 cals I also jumped on him. As I have jumped on other people when they get out of line.

As far as the conspericy theroy goes, you proving the point, you seem to belive that there is a grudge angainst the LW and a singling out / making fun of that group , and don't see how some of us see the difference between the LW lovers and and the "luftwiners". Theres other groups I see that have the same tendencies.

1. "Use releasim for my purpose group"
2. "The anti whinne whiners" This group is on the groth latly.
3. "The buy into others hype group" Loves to take others companys PR and think its real. These show up ocasionaly.
4. "I didn't get what I wanted for cristmas group"

HiTech

Offline Commander rialbh

• Zinc Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2002, 12:57:49 PM »
FIX the 109 or I am quit AH!

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2002, 01:02:44 PM »
Just as in real life the people with bad confidence go into groups with eachother and start to pound some other little guy or small group. I can get a bit anoying when you're trying to have a conversation and show facts of something.
However, if going into groups with eachother and thus gaining more confidence in them selves, I will be fairly happy as I know I've done my part to help them to a better life. Hopefully they too will learn something most people learn as kids :)

Thank you Batdog :)

Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.