Author Topic: luffwobble abuse?  (Read 10110 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2002, 01:03:44 PM »
Didn't know you flew the 109 Commander rialbh :)
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2002, 01:07:53 PM »
Howdy HiTech and Hblair.

HiTech... I hope this isnt an out of line post. I realise my leather thong comment was abit off color but.... its true.

I posted this to bring it to the table. Nothing more... hopefully something other than a flame fest will happen.

FatBat
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Erlkonig

• Nickel Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2002, 01:22:05 PM »
LW bashing is an entry requirement for joining the AH Kool Kids Klub.

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Re: luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2002, 01:22:32 PM »
Originally posted by batdog

Does the mob rule? Am I smoking crack? Will there be a tomarrow? Who the hell wrote that movie Annie?

Yes, probably, probably not, who cares.  In that order.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2002, 02:34:12 PM »
Hitech:

The teacher thing is of course just an analogy, certainly you have to admit your word carries much weight here as would for example any teachers or leader's or anyone in a position of power or influence. As owner, head guy etc you are indesputably in that position.

For example I have seen you call either Wotan or Wilbus ( I get them confused sometimes :) ) a luftwhiner. Like it or not the word and concept luftwhiner is used as put down to make fun of people - if you dont belive that then just lookt at the picture that guy just posted.  

You even casually use the term "luftwhiners" in your very response. I see that as supporting evidence of incredible weight.  

Are we to think you support this pattern of behaviour, of singling out whole groups of people as you yousrlf said "luftwhiners"?  There is no such thing it's just an insulting label.  Why no handy put down label that groups Fester and Lazs and Funked and all the P38 guys or the Spitfire complainers as "alliedwhiners" or whatever.

And there is no conspiracy, you know that. Thats just another putdown and used to make fun of people.  However it is also clear there a bunch of people here who just pile in nearly every thread posted by a LW type and attack them using the same methods and terms over and over and over. Thats no conspiracy but sure is a consitant pattern of behavior. A pattern of behavior you, perhaps unknowingly, enable and encourage by your casual personal use of the same insulting terms.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2002, 03:19:50 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
And there is no conspiracy, you know that. Thats just another putdown and used to make fun of people.  

BS-- that's one thing that does exist... and used periodically... in a thread about German planes, someone (won't name names) comes in and says, "Of course that won't get fixed, but [insert something allied] will" or something along those lines.

That's saying that there is an intentional bias- hence a conspiracy.
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2002, 03:28:09 PM »
Ah ha so lets see where any LW guy complains of a conspiracy..

Lets see  go find a post.  Find one SW..  

What you posted is more like frustration...

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2002, 03:32:40 PM »
Gunzer when did you ever see me call wotan or wilbus a luftwiner, if your refereing to my only stuff today , I did nothing of the sort.

I was simply telling wilbus that his bait and switch by including the ta152, was why he was refered to as a luftwiner.

That is completely different than me calling wilbus a luftwiner.

As to useing the term in my response, its the subject at hand very hard not to use it. My hole point is you are proving the conspiricy theroy by assuming that I view LW the same as Luftwinning, hence inplying we dont care for the LW. Thats just not the case.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2002, 04:13:46 PM »
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49042

Page 2, Niklas says, "Funny what people write, really funny. I bet noone would have so much doubts when this curve would have been for a allied fighter."

----
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27858

Whole thing...
----

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28712

Whole thing...
----

Well, you asked.
-SW

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2002, 04:22:33 PM »
Hitech you said:

"Theres other groups I see that have the same tendencies."

Apparently you are the only one who realizes that the LW arent the only guys complaining.

My whole concern here and really the point I am trying to make is that everyone whines in this game, and you know that the best.

The only group that gets categorically singled out for attack and labeling are luftwhiners. The insulting atmosphere makes it difficult  to bring even the slightests point up - I actually even politely ask that I not be attacked in mosts of my question posts. I shouldnt have to do that when just asking about the game. However It's pretty much a given that you will be attacked as luftwhiner or conspiracy nut most every time you ask a question or make a suggestion. Thats the problem. No wonder LW people get frustrated when they are attacked and made fun of like that.

And please dont bring up any idea of conspiracy hitech, no LW goes around crying anti-LW conspiracy. The conspiracy idea brought up by the guys who make fun of LW is just that an insult no different than their calls of luftwhiner.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2002, 04:26:29 PM »
My whole point is you are proving the conspiracy theory by assuming that I view LW the same as Luftwhining, hence implying we dont care for the LW. Thats just not the case.

Grun's whole point is your the most powerful man alive in these boards, and if you aren't careful you can influence a lot of people in the wrong way.

Somebody questions about a plane, or has doubts about it, brings it up in a discussion. Then, someone else bops in and comments "that's why people refer to you as a Luftwhiner".

..and you expect people to see that comment as a neutral one?

Even if it is "not the case" for you, it's "a case" for other people when those words come out of your mouth. Sure, it's not your fault how others think about what you said, but it doesn't hurt to be more careful in sensitive issues.

That's Grun's point, and you're suddenly implying Grunherz is proving that he believes in the "anti-LW conspiracy".

Really, I don't see how anyone can come to that logical conclusion.

ps) oops.. Swulfe came to that conclusion, too.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2002, 04:29:57 PM »
SW I asked for you to find evidence that supports your argument not mine.  :D

Reading through those threads most of what  I see is frustration by for example RAM for HTC not responding to the thread- cerainly most people would like some response.

But I do see plenty of guys making fun of them with words like luftwhiner and conspiracy. Again only the guys making fun  of LW bring up accusations of a conspiracy.  Odd isnt it?

Sorry SW try again!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2002, 04:31:35 PM »
Exactly Kweassa thanks!

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2002, 04:33:29 PM »
Page 2, Niklas says, "Funny what people write, really funny. I bet noone would have so much doubts when this curve would have been for a allied fighter."

Illiteracy rate must be high 'round these parts.
-SW

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
luffwobble abuse?
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2002, 04:37:14 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Reading through those threads most of what  I see is frustration by for example RAM for HTC not responding to the thread- cerainly most people would like some response.

And that somehow justifies their rants?

I get frustrated everyday, I don't squeak 'n moan about it.
-SW