Author Topic: “What Beet1e thinks is irrelevant”  (Read 1107 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
“What Beet1e thinks is irrelevant”
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2003, 11:24:12 AM »
Airhead - thanks for the advice. I tried to change it to elfenwolf, but was told that it was already taken. :)

Capt. Apathy- I wouldn't mind discussing this with you via private emails, if you're up for it. I agree with what you say - it's obvious without you saying it, but respect is a two-way street, if you take my meaning.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Airhead!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2003, 11:24:26 AM »
LoL beet1e was not even close to being in elfenwolfs league!

Elfenwolf was great, funny, witty, awsome.

beetle is just kind of sad.

Beetle, what you still seem to not get is you lack credibility anymore, most of us do not like or respect you much anymore, and many of us will not forget.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2003, 11:24:43 AM »
lol airhead

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2003, 11:37:06 AM »
GTO -
You also seem like a coward when you mention Nuke's post, and how much you get mentioned in it, but do not bother to reply when it is all aimed at you.
I have reread that post, and can tell you that the flames are above rooftop level. The personal insults are flying thick and fast. We have one Brit calling an American "hypocrisy personified". Even the word "vitriol" is mentioned. We have guys insulting the government organisations in other countries, we have guys calling eachother nasty names, folks making unfair remarks against women, distasteful jokes abound...

...and I have not said a single word in that thread. So I am not to blame for what's going on within it. I have decided to keep my head down! But now you are insinuating that the thread was directed at me, and that I should feel obligated to join in.
:confused: What to do! I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

There's a few new names come up that I haven't seen before though. Crowbaby seems to be holding his own, and Angus the Icelandic farmer.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2003, 12:30:08 PM by beet1e »

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Nothing.
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2003, 12:36:30 PM »
I would not bother with it now, if I where you.

Just do as you said you would and stop the B.S.

I think you may, but not for long...

I think you have come of as a banana for so long now, that's all anyone will ever think of you.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2003, 04:24:45 PM »
GTO -
I think you have come of as a banana for so long now, that's all anyone will ever think of you.
Things are not always as they seem. I may have pissed off a few, but I'm no worse than Lazs or Dago. Anyhow, I had not been into the AH MA for a week or two, so decided to log in this evening. Did I get ostracised? No. I made a few jokes on voxx about being the guy most people would want to shoot down, and they were well received. Most of the guys who laughed were American/Canadian, and surprisingly (even for me) people seemed to be more helpful than ever, with 6 calls, assistance etc. I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm just saying how it was. People seemed amused, and there was no bitterness at all.

Thing is, I could get into a good rant on AGW in my WB days, and whereas I'd have about a dozen guys shoot me down on the BBS, at a social occasion or at a con, I'd get dozens of guys coming up to me saying "loved your post about xyz", or words to that effect.

Anyway, I think I know what it was in particular that pissed you off, and if it's what I think it was, I was not the one that originally identified those particular groups, but I'm not trying to evade the responsibility for saying what I said.

Offline Daff

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2003, 04:27:04 PM »
Heh..he's sounding more and more like bobn.

Daff

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2003, 04:36:39 PM »
"Hahaha! You really got them going... that was great!"

Some people just never get tired of hearing that I guess.  The trouble is, the more you do it, the more retarded you look.  Eventually you end up looking like airhead on the 3 or 4 occasions he tried to get people to take him seriously.

I'm always amazed at people that take pride in illiciting a reaction... as if that is supposed to be difficult.

AKDejaVu

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2003, 06:41:49 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
...and I have not said a single word in that thread. So I am not to blame for what's going on within it. I have decided to keep my head down! But now you are insinuating that the thread was directed at me, and that I should feel obligated to join in.
:confused: What to do! I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

Beet1e he didn't say you were to blame for the contents of the thread...... he asked why you didn't reply, when the thread was directed at you..... and it  was directed towards you.
The title of the thread is a quote from you, and I asked why Beet1e felt there was a need for a gun ban. Seems pretty much to be a question to you based on a quote from you........  nice dancing around the obvious though.....

Anyway, I know you are playing nice now so I don't need to flog you to death over things you said in the past.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2003, 06:46:39 PM »
Originally posted by AKDejaVu
Eventually you end up looking like airhead on the 3 or 4 occasions he tried to get people to take him seriously.

Whan did I ever try to get people to take me seriously??? Sheeesh, I musta been drunk.

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Same here.
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2003, 06:54:43 PM »
Only reason why I decided to stick around the O-Club.  :D

Thing is, I could get into a good rant on AGW in my WB days, and whereas I'd have about a dozen guys shoot me down on the BBS, at a social occasion or at a con, I'd get dozens of guys coming up to me saying "loved your post about xyz", or words to that effect.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2003, 07:31:49 PM »
Daff!  u bastige!  That made me feel quite ill - like death, in fact. Good job I didn't fly Phantoms in the VN war - lol. I had dinner with bobn one evening. In person he was as nice as pie. I met him only once.

NUKE - OK, fair dos. And I am playing nice now. It doesn't matter now, and I don't want to labour the point for fear of it blowing up into another gun debate, but I never said we needed a gun ban, and as to the US I never said I was in favour of a ban there. I only made observations/speculations about the status quo. As to the British ban, I put my hand on my heart and say I didn't even know we'd had a ban - lol - until we started talking about all this on the BBS. That's how much of an impact it made. On the other hand, I was very much aware of the beef ban, and banning of beef on the bone!

For some reason, everyone is being super nice to me in the MA right now. Would I like assistance? You're welcome, any time, bro, any time. Good evening, Goodnight....  check 6 etc. :eek:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2003, 08:53:08 AM »
Yes... that's it bobn..er beetle... everyone secretly agrees with you because you are so .... "eloquent"... It is just a very small, vocal  fraction of the community that thinks you are a pompous blowhard.   I would ignore all the direct comments to your posts and base everythijng on how you percieve yourself to be treated in the (holy of holies) MA if I were you.... sure... some may call that delusional but they are just jealous.... It happens to all beloved people.

lazs

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2003, 09:12:14 AM »
"banning beef on the bone"
ok... I'm not going there (I guess)

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2003, 12:09:15 PM »
Actually, the thread title cannot be any better stated.

Cobra